NEurope

Apparently in the April 23rd episode of 30 Rock they are going to use a segment of this interview with Tracy Morgan but pretend it is Tracy Jordan (as they're pretty much the same):

Its an...odd interview. Im guessing they'll use the part where he pretends to give birth.

Fox have stated that the "season finale of Dollhouse will air on May 8th".

Season in America is one year, ergo if they were planning on cancelling it it would have been described as series finale (as series in America is the whole show, not like the British series which is one year and the whole show is described as...fuck knows. stupid British system). Its not exactly a renewal confirmation, but its an interestingly linguistic potentially positive sign.

Nothing new on TSCC which airs its final episode (of season or series is still not known) this week.

Wait hang on apparently that doesn't add up. May the 8th should be the pneultimate episode so either Fox aren't showing the last episode (which can't be a good sign) or they're showing two episodes one week (posisbly next week as with TSCC off the air and Prison Break pushed back a week the slot is open). Hmm. (although to complicate matters further the newest issue of TV Guide says there are two eps of PB next Friday; a repeat and a new one. Considering Fox have now announced PB is pushed back a week maybe the repeat is going with it? Or it may stay on the 17th and thus there will be one DH episode and the episode on the 8th billed as the finale is actually the pneultimate episode.)

This is a fun game...

Edited by Ashley

Fox have stated that the "season finale of Dollhouse will air on May 8th".

Season in America is one year, ergo if they were planning on cancelling it it would have been described as series finale (as series in America is the whole show, not like the British series which is one year and the whole show is described as...fuck knows. stupid British system). Its not exactly a renewal confirmation, but its an interestingly linguistic potentially positive sign.

Nothing new on TSCC which airs its final episode (of season or series is still not known) this week.

Wait hang on apparently that doesn't add up. May the 8th should be the pneultimate episode so either Fox aren't showing the last episode (which can't be a good sign) or they're showing two episodes one week (posisbly next week as with TSCC off the air and Prison Break pushed back a week the slot is open). Hmm. (although to complicate matters further the newest issue of TV Guide says there are two eps of PB next Friday; a repeat and a new one. Considering Fox have now announced PB is pushed back a week maybe the repeat is going with it? Or it may stay on the 17th and thus there will be one DH episode and the episode on the 8th billed as the finale is actually the pneultimate episode.)

This is a fun game...

I wouldn't take anything from that. All it means is they haven't cancelled it yet, and for that to happen it would have had to have tanked like Drive or something. They'll still give the same generic answer as always, "nothing will be decided until May"

Lame.

Mhm I know but as I say, its a game. And in its own way more interesting than my dissertation.

(although I have been reminded recently I thought it would be interesting to do research into the effects of cancellation upon fans but alas, ship has sailed)

I think thats once again user submitted nonsense.

Season 1, Episode 9: Spy in the House of Love

Original Air Date—24 April 2009

Next US airings:Fri. Apr. 10 9:01 PM Fox

Make your mind up.

But yeah there should be a 13th ep there too; Epitaph One.

not like the British series which is one year and the whole show is described as...fuck knows. stupid British system).

The show perhaps?

"Spaced The Complete...Show!" Hmm. Actually looking around it just seems to be "[show] Series 1 - [X]"

"Series" would be easier but semantics eh?

Following conversations with my Brother, who is a fan of Dollhouse, it only did a 2.2 for the last episode. Anyone who knows anything about American TV knows that is the kinda figures that will get you yanked very quickly. With Sarah Connor going up in ratings, I think there is only gonna be one choice for Fox when it comes to renewing Sci-Fi schows. I'd be shocked if they kept both on.

Well the latest update is they aren't airing the 13th episode (which apparently Felicia Day was going to be in) at all. Apparently its more a judgement on the episode than the show and its fate still isn't decided and wont be for a few weeks.

taken from another site

Okay. So maybe I can help clarify this somewhat. Because we scrapped the original pilot -- and in fact cannibalized some of its parts for other eps -- we really ended up with 12 episodes. But the studio makes DVD and other deals based on the original 13 number. So we created a standalone kind of coda episode. Which is the mythical new episode 13. The network had already paid for 13 episodes, and this included the one they agreed to let us scrap for parts. It does not include the one we made to bring the number back up to 13 for the studio side and its obligations. We always knew it would be for the DVD for sure, but we also think Fox should air it because it’s awesome.

Tim Minear | April 09, 21:47 CET

http://whedonesque.com/comments/19822#304585

(Solitaire- Mia-culpa guys!!! Looks like I jumped the gun in the original story! Fox only ever meant to air 12 episodes, but Joss & Tim had been contracted to produce 13 episodes. The way Fox announced the non-airing of the 13th episode sounded like a cancellation.)

The last line... does that mean Dollhouse really isn't cancelled? CONFURLATION INFUSED.

well it doesn't look like it's cancelled yet, but since it's doing lower numbers than Firefly was it doesn't look promising

Dollhouse's future isn't getting decided (apparently) until the Upfronts (May)

Thats the official line.

I hate that shows get cancelled so willy nilly. It seems...cruel...somehow. There's a story being told, how dare they refuse to show it?!

Dollhouse's future isn't getting decided (apparently) until the Upfronts (May)

Thats the official line.

Never saw that coming :heh:

Unfortunately TV is a business and shows that don't quite attract the people are gonna get yanked. Unless you're Friday Night Lights and everyone loves you at the network and the show is beyond awesome. Then the network will try to help you out and maybe give you a 2 season order pick-up.

Never saw that coming :heh:

Unfortunately TV is a business and shows that don't quite attract the people are gonna get yanked. Unless you're Friday Night Lights and everyone loves you at the network and the show is beyond awesome. Then the network will try to help you out and maybe give you a 2 season order pick-up.

Fail point.

They're getting it for cheap through the deal with Direct TV. If they couldn't do that and thus couldn't make money on it the show would have ended after two years. There's no such thing as niceness in tv :P

Fail point.

They're getting it for cheap through the deal with Direct TV. If they couldn't do that and thus couldn't make money on it the show would have ended after two years. There's no such thing as niceness in tv :P

Yes, but if they didn't care about the show, they wouldn't have gone to the effort of trying to share it with another network :heh:

It does also help that it's an extremely cheap show to make. Footballs are cheap to buy nowadays :heh:

They don't love the show, they love the teen market. They're still buying in the droves in spite of this recession nonsense :p

I know, but it's shit.

That's why they don't show certain stories. Because the stories blow.

So i don't spoilar my self I'll post this here instead of the BSG thread, are we going to get the complete boxset of BSG? as in the complete boxset with the 'final season' in it? I know America is getting it but I can't find anything online for region 2. Amazon and Play are selling the almost complete boxset for £32 and the Final Season for £25 but I kinda want to get one awesome box of awesome.