Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Guest Stefkov

I had a chance to play this back in October but never really took notice of it (I say had a chance, I didn't. Queues were massive.)

It really did look pretty fun to play, a lot looked like it was going on screen at a time and it looked similar to how ridiculously awesome Oneechanbara is. Yes I love that game.

I'll have to get the demo for this.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having played both demo's now on PS3 and 360, the 360 version is far superior. I can't normally tell between the versions, even if the disparity is quite big. But this is just ridiculous. This shit should not be happening now, maybe a couple of years ago yes, but not now.

Loved the demo though, will definitely be picking it up (for the 360).

Having played both demo's now on PS3 and 360, the 360 version is far superior. I can't normally tell between the versions, even if the disparity is quite big. But this is just ridiculous. This shit should not be happening now, maybe a couple of years ago yes, but not now.

Loved the demo though, will definitely be picking it up (for the 360).

Apparently a team from Sony are looking to fix the code before the American release. Hopefully that'll make things a little better.

Apparently a team from Sony are looking to fix the code before the American release. Hopefully that'll make things a little better.

Hopefully. I want this on my PS3, but I won't buy a vastly inferior version. But if Sony can fix it, then they can have my money.

Lol I'm not gonna pretend I'm some technical whizz but besides frame rate issues looks like theres texture problems and light effects don't look anywhere near as nice...if you watch the digital foundry vid over on eurogamer it looks decidedly worse, almost last gen by comparison..

Played the demo last night and didnt even finish it (should have been asleep) but I can see why it's getting the scores that it is. If you loved DMC, you can see all the stuff that makes the game great and more. I love how the game keeps track of what combos you use, the training mode that pops up during loads times, oh and I wish I had more time to gush about this but work lunch is over. If the asian version was like Demon Souls, (i.e. all in english) then I would definitely import it. Guess I will just have to play the waiting game.

*sigh*

I don't get the "oh noes, it looks slightly better on 360!!! World collapse commence... now!"

Seriously, what's the big deal? I mean, if it were the other way around I'd still get it for the 360 (PS3 controller is worse, except for fighters), who the fuck cares if it looks slightly less shiny? Grow the fuck up!

Either way, about the game:

Super super super super super corny and cheesy. Don't really care if "that was the point!" But that's down to personal taste and doesn't really affect the game.

The camera alone is reason enough for it not to deserve the scores it's getting. But it looks quite promising, I guess. Seems like a very competent effort. But it's not gonna beat the God of War series, at least in my heart it won't.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!