N-Europe

Beyond Good and Evil 2

D_prOdigy

The game won't happen until they get Ubisoft on board. That could take a while, and they won't start production until they actually have Ubisoft's support.
Dude it's happening, they're developing it, even if it's in early stages and they still don't have Ubisoft's green light.

They have 10/12 people, and they're ubisoft employees; they're not doing this on their spare time you know? Ancel for one isn't doing anything else.

Thing is, they're most likely doing preliminary work and deciding upon a budget to whom Ubisoft will have the last word.

Assuming they get that by the end of 2008 then you're still looking at a 2011 release (possibly the tail end of 2010), by which point the next generation of consoles could well be upon us (i can certainly see the next Xbox getting released around then, possibly a HD Wii too).
So much time is unreal, he essentially said the planning stages were done and now they're in early stages... if it was to stay like that until the end of 2008... the project would be on-hold.

2010? I reckon they could have it really safely for Q4 2009, providing they used Jade Engine (and even, if they did a new engine as long as they have personell for that or use a in-house one), and like I said... developing it now, focusing on a yet unanounced generation of hardware... makes no sense, they don't know where the industry is heading and making assets on spec for that only bumps the price, a price that Ubisoft seems to want low seeing that the first one flopped.

These are simple matters, so let's look at them as such, 8th generation consoles are out of the map, at least for now.

Ancel has a lot to live up to with the sequel, and as a result will (hopefully) be taking his time with it. You wouldn't want another NiGHTS would you?
NiGHTS problem was a complete separate one; you almost make it sound like starting developing a title now for this current gen is bullocks. no one is talking next gen yet you know, if anything... next gen is still considered this gen considering PS2 fails to die.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude it's happening, they're developing it, even if it's in early stages and they still don't have Ubisoft's green light.

They have 10/12 people, and they're ubisoft employees; they're not doing this on their spare time you know? Ancel for one isn't doing anything else.

Thing is, they're most likely doing preliminary work and deciding upon a budget to whom Ubisoft will have the last word.So much time is unreal, he essentially said the planning stages were done and now they're in early stages... if it was to stay like that until the end of 2008... the project would be on-hold.

2010? I reckon they could have it really safely for Q4 2009, providing they used Jade Engine (and even, if they did a new engine as long as they have personell for that or use a in-house one), and like I said... developing it now, focusing on a yet unanounced generation of hardware... makes no sense, they don't know where the industry is heading and making assets on spec for that only bumps the price, a price that Ubisoft seems to want low seeing that the first one flopped.

These are simple matters, so let's look at them as such, 8th generation consoles are out of the map, at least for now.NiGHTS problem was a complete separate one; you almost make it sound like starting developing a title now for this current gen is bullocks. no one is talking next gen yet you know, if anything... next gen is still considered this gen considering PS2 fails to die.

Very well put!

It makes finacial sense to put this on Wii, cheap development costs for a game that may not perform well.

And yeah, on Wii they can just re-use the same engine. I can see it being out by winter 2009.

I'm sure it is held in great regard in most Nintendo-fan circles. Those who have played it certainly love it (and it was perfect on the 'cube.)

I would love to see a slight graphical tweak on the wii and have a title working around the core gameplay mechanics all over again. More reporting, animal snaps and conspiracy set in Hillys would do me fine.

It would certainly be refreshing to see any title back on a familiar planet with a familiar cast but with only a 'slight' graphical tweak. It would bring consistancy to the franchise.

Who's taking bets on black borders being constantly there again?

I have never played the original but thats not the worst part. The worst part is that I have had it sitting on my shelf for well over a year and have yet to even put it in my Cube or Wii.

I too saved it. But I saved it for when I was having a bad time in my life. It was the perfect, perfect remedy.

I have never played the original but thats not the worst part. The worst part is that I have had it sitting on my shelf for well over a year and have yet to even put it in my Cube or Wii.

You know, I will let you off because so far this year, and alot of last year things were pretty relentless with new releases. But as you well know, its worth playing. I bet if you could play it on Xbox 360 and get some achievement points it would be long since done and dusted. :heh:

You know, I will let you off because so far this year, and alot of last year things were pretty relentless with new releases. But as you well know, its worth playing. I bet if you could play it on Xbox 360 and get some achievement points it would be long since done and dusted. :heh:

You know me too well. Steve :)

It's for PS3/X360:

thumb463x_jvscan.jpg

Ancel says the game - if it's ever approved by Ubisoft, that is - will be for the PS3 and 360.

Move the thread to "Other Consoles"...

It still looks like a rumor for me and not a confirmation of the console...

What's the scan from? I don't want it to be official. :cry:

I think I recognize this french videogame magazine.

I don't think it's wise to trust that. Seems like writer's assumptions to me. Even if it's true, they say the project isn't even approved so big changes can be made.

Oh and do we know when this has been published?:indeed:

• 2 weeks later...