NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
BlueStar

Why no child is safe from the sinister cult of emo!!111

Yes they would and generally you could say that about emo, personally I don't favour any of this name stuff I don't see why I should have to call myself a chav or an emo or an indie.

Why can't I just call myself by my name..?:wtf:

Social racism at it's finest.

TBH, I neither care nor sympathise with those arrogant and selfish enouigh to take their own lives for no apparant reason.

EDIT, I don't mean you're socially rascist, I mean classing people into different groups is bad.

Plus MCR's lead singer reguarly speaks out against suicides...alot

My god...such bad writing.

Plus MCR's lead singer reguarly speaks out against suicides...alot

In the songs that everyone listens to, or the dodgy articles/interviews which no one is that itnerested in?

My god...such bad writing.

I disagree, I don't know about the second article because I got bored halfway through, mainly seeming like an essay. But the first one was rather sexy, highlighting the shitty parenting skills.

If emo stands for emotional, why do they only seem to exhibit only one emotion?

I think they're being too kind. I believe is stands for 'Emotionally Retarded', or crippled if you prefer.

Why cant kids think of a decent trend? Like victorian clothing, or Jazz.. it would be lollarious seeing some yobs dressed in suits with posh voices cruising the streets.

"Why I say, nice shot James, that stone hit that rather old pensioner with the force of 12 horses, let us get some cheap chilled beverages, toodle ho!"

*claps really loudly*

3539768.jpg2128221.jpg2246094.jpg4316401.jpg2320317.jpg

There's a reason I love PJ Harvey.

(Headline to be read in booming Brian Blessed voice)

Not sure which of these articles on the same story is more ridiculous, I honestly thought the first one was a Brass Eye-style spoof when I first read it :laughing:

Blink 182 is apparently a favourite of suicidal emos, I had no idea their bouncy brand of pop-rock fluff drove so many teens down a dark path.

How can you people take this so lightly? A girl made a suicide. It is a thing that you shouldn´t laugh at.

Music is a very powerful thing and can arouse all kinds of emotions in people´s minds. I also believe that evil can make use of music to arouse suicidal thoughts.

I think the music world today is very dark and in the other hand only exists for entertainment. It is rare to find someone who really sings of real life and in a beautiful and pure way. I think people are too afraid to expose their feelings that are deep in their hearts because they get disappointed so easily in this world. I´m talking about need of care and childlike joy.

It´s a tragedy for those who knew the girl but you can´t expect us to mourn every death that we read about.

How can you people take this so lightly? A girl made a suicide. It is a thing that you shouldn´t laugh at.

Music is a very powerful thing and can arouse all kinds of emotions in people´s minds. I also believe that evil can make use of music to arouse suicidal thoughts.

He's mocking the reporting, not the incident.

I find the line "evil can make use of music to arouse suicidal thoughts" a little...well, illogical. With the obvious exception of if you're referring to EEVILMURRY, you are implying that evil, which is a purely a philosophical concept, is an animate object.

Evil doesn't 'choose' to do things. People choose to do evil things.

I think the music world today is very dark and in the other hand only exists for entertainment. It is rare to find someone who really sings of real life and in a beautiful and pure way. I think people are too afraid to expose their feelings that are deep in their hearts because they get disappointed so easily in this world. I´m talking about need of care and childlike joy.

OK im sorry but no. Please don't blame this on media such as music because if you start there, then you will ultimately end up at gaming which has you interactively being 'dark'.

I believe in God as I am a christian, but I don't look for religion in all parts of my life as there is no point IMO. The most important parts, yes, but not my music tastes or gaming or whatever. If i did, I would not be able to listen to Rap which has been said to be the work of the devil and tons of other stuff. There are loads that sing the songs that you seem to want to hear. You just need to look for them.

And as for these cultists, it's like the columbine killers. It's most likely they were disturbed individuals who would have committed some sort of atrocity eventually. There are too many people, like myself, who don't go cutting their wrists or shooting up their classmates, yet we have listened to the same music or played the same games.

It´s a tragedy for those who knew the girl but you can´t expect us to mourn every death that we read about.

Exactly. To be honest we aren't taking her death that lightly, we are getting pissed off that her suicide is being blamed on music which is totally unfactual. I don't even have to read the Daily Mail article to know that it's sensationalist drivel which has about as much grasp for the truth as Polar Bears do for curing sun burn.

Good to see you posting more sensibly Emikael, nice to be able to have a discussion with you now.

Music has always been dark, depending on how the person views it. Even classical music, deaths and tragedies, why do you think it's used for certain threatre acts? Music has changed I agree to that, just as the world has.

talking about death and of the "black parade" — a place where emos believe they go after they die.

Thats got to be the worst thing I have read in my entire life!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. To be honest we aren't taking her death that lightly, we are getting pissed off that her suicide is being blamed on music which is totally unfactual. I don't even have to read the Daily Mail article to know that it's sensationalist drivel which has about as much grasp for the truth as Polar Bears do for curing sun burn.

Good to see you posting more sensibly Emikael, nice to be able to have a discussion with you now.

Yeah I understand that you can understand me better when I don´t talk about supernatural things but it is not possible for me to speak about things without the truth of God and many times when my views are based on the Bible they have something to do with things that you have to believe in.

I think the article isn´t ridiculous cause I think music can be like a channel for unclean spirits to gain access to a person and games aren´t a exception. So it isn´t just the music or games that make one to commit a suicide but unclean spirits that affect through music or games.

Music has always been dark, depending on how the person views it. Even classical music, deaths and tragedies, why do you think it's used for certain threatre acts? Music has changed I agree to that, just as the world has.

I agree with you. Music is only dark if you interpret it as such.

And the whole cutting wrist initiation thing. What kind of parent would let them continue to be part of the 'emo cluture' if it involved cutting their wrists.

I would say it's down to depression and to bad parenting. Not being emo.

Yeah I understand that you can understand me better when I don´t talk about supernatural things but it is not possible for me to speak about things without the truth of God and many times when my views are based on the Bible they have something to do with things that you have to believe in.

I think the article isn´t ridiculous cause I think music can be like a channel for unclean spirits to gain access to a person and games aren´t a exception. So it isn´t just the music or games that make one to commit a suicide but unclean spirits that affect through music or games.

Respectfully disagree. I'm not saying that there are no outside influences but, I would say it's more about the person's mental state if they decide to commit scuicide.

Interesting take on it.

Btw, it's not you having spiritual opinions itself that's the problem it's mostly about your delivery. Spirituality is very personal so if you explain most of your life through it, it makes it very hard to have a real conversation with anyone else as few people will have the same view as you in this area (well here at least anyway).

Just bear in mind that for most of us, a real world explaination for things is usually a priority but for you it seems that often it is the other way around. You look for the spiritual explanation first. It just seems sometimes that comes across as you ignoring the real world part of things, especially when it seems like you are jumping to religous/spiritual conclusion.

So it isn´t just the music or games that make one to commit a suicide but unclean spirits that affect through music or games.

I'm unsure what you mean by "unclean spirits". We're talking about psychology, not 12th century medicine...

So you think if people kill themselves or shoot up their school, then it is more likely to be the fault of *ahem* "unclean spirits" than say, a neglectful upbringing, ignorant teachers, a dangerous neighbourhood, a traumatizing past... y'know, real things that people have actually proven to exist? It is shifting the blame of these tragic events onto things like music that causes the ignorance of the real issue. This leads to a decline in society and an increase in these events.

What I'm saying is, the media getting the cause of these incidents wrong, means the public neglects the real problem, and allows it to get worse.

y'know, real things that people have actually proven to exist.

If I was a pedant, I'd say that none of them are proven, as proof only exists in maths and self-existence, but I wont...

/anal pedant

I'm unsure what you mean by "unclean spirits". We're talking about psychology, not 12th century medicine...

I mean literally unclean spirits.

A unclean spirit is a spirit that is a subject of devil and takes orders from him.

If I was a pedant, I'd say that none of them are proven, as proof only exists in maths and self-existence, but I wont...

/anal pedant

*Sigh* a mathematician's concept of 'proof' and a scientist's concept of 'random', I'm an English student, give semantics a whirl will you? :heh:

Whether it is technically possible to prove the existence of something like "dangerous society" isn't really relevant. If enough people accept its existence (whether or not you acccept the existence of other people), something ought to be done about it. Which is why, despite only being able to prove your own existence, you won't step in front of a bus. You can't mathematically prove the oncoming bus is there, but you're sure enough that you're not going to test it, aren't you? ;)

I mean literally unclean spirits.

A unclean spirit is a spirit that is a subject of devil and takes orders from him.

Hmm...I'm curious as to why you believe these things even exist. I personally have never seen or heard any evidence to suggest they do, so I'm wondering why you think they do.

You can't mathematically prove the oncoming bus is there, but you're sure enough that you're not going to test it, aren't you? ;)

Ah-ha, you've obviously never been to Singapore, have you? :indeed:

No, I don't think it has any relevance either...

Again, I appreciate Jamba's respecful take on this :) Emikael is the anti-troll, in the sense that he isn't out looking for trolling but draws a lot of it because of his views.

With respect to your logic and your beliefs, to some degree it is the individual's responsibility to use the power of love and faith to keep these evils out of their hearts, is it not?

I think generally speaking, the atheist views these malignant spirits not as entities but rather as stressors that exist in the world, that can affect each of us in different ways. We all have different perspectives and different interpretations of the things around us, and while it is easy to point at the unknown or the intrpidly dark and scary and say "that is to blame", it is really in the hands of the receiver to which the reaction to the entity is fated.

In this case, one cannot simply point their fingers at one type of music and say "that makes people suicidal" because for one you are generalising not only the music but also the people. If not everyone reacts the same way to the song then how can it be said that the song = suicide?

It is from there we have to take into account other factors of the individuals life in order to understand how they reached the end that they did, for the means is clearly not one thing.

These bad spirits you think of, as they say, come in many guises, unique for all of us.

I don't personally agree with wrist cutting nor do I asscoiate it with emoness, I have known the least emo people you have met in your life who regularly cut their arms.

It drives me mad when my friends have thier arms ''on show'' as it were and get commented as such, without the person calling them an emo realising that they did it because of pain and utter despair to feel something, to feel more human. (It's the way it's been described to many countless times)

I asume you could be catholic as they believe every soul who kills themselves is sent straight to hell? It's an interesting concept, that god gives free will and yet banishes that free willed person to hell because they chose something...

If I had a death a suicide in my family I would be more concerned about what caused that utter suffering so they had to end their life than brand it as emo. I've gotten so sick of the meanings that I scowl everytime I hear it mentioned.

Man, this thread is full of unclean spirits. Do we have our own form of internet Ghost Busters?

Ah-ha, you've obviously never been to Singapore, have you? :indeed:

No, I don't think it has any relevance either...

Pff, that's losing talk right there ;)

Sign in to follow this