N-Europe

Kid Icarus Wii

david.dakota

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the "Matt is full of shit" rubbish is so old hat and immature. I swear none of you actually listen to these podcasts or hear anything he actually says and just go by other people's paraphrased accounts of what he said. He's just a normal game journalist who talks about Nintendo games.

The only reason for all the "rumours" (which people exaggerate and make into pinpoints in summaries when they're only tiny small things in the podcast that are almost him joking above all else) are because they have so little else to talk about on them yet they're scheduled to do a podcast every week, so he drops little hints on things they're under embargo on to keep people slightly guessing.

Thing is, people exaggerate these and think they're always HUGE things when half the time they're games that most people dont give a shit about (but that doesn't mean they suck, people just overhype the rumours). Due to this people always think shit he says is "false" since they don't hear about any MEGATONS based on the rumours.

The guy does nothing wrong, doesn't try to be high and mighty in any way. He's a game journalist who's worked as a Nintendo editor for 10 years, he has tons of ties to developers through this and does get craploads of information so obviously has "sources" (there's no denying this, any freakin' veteran journalist has connections) but people have this incredible obsession with hating on him simply because he likes to light heartedly joke about things he and the rest of the Nintendo team possibly know of that they can't really reveal.

It's sort of hilarious he gets a lot of hate from Nintendo fans too since he's one of the few Nintendo editors left on any of the big game sites that actually genuinely gives a shit about Wii and trying to get any scoops he can. Look at sites like Gamespot who barely cover the system at all in comparison.

I agree largely with the vast majority of what you've just said. I've never really seen Matt do much wrong, he got fooled by the Halo thing, so what? He's clearly passionate about Nintendo too which is good. Also Gamespot are shite on Nintendo coverage, hail to IGN!

Nice!

How many people here who are wanting a new Kid Icarus game have actually played the original? If you havent I suggest you go to your Wii now and download it, its hard as hell but a real classic.

Only played the sequel but that was awesome and hard as hell too.

Nice!

How many people here who are wanting a new Kid Icarus game have actually played the original? If you havent I suggest you go to your Wii now and download it, its hard as hell but a real classic.

Yeah, I've only played the original on the VC. I'm proud to say I've actually completed it :awesome: Mainly due to the save state feature on the VC

Nice!

I have the first one on VC, I managed to clear the first level but I have been stuck on the second one for ages. I managed to get right near the end one time, but it got really frustrating so I haven't played it for a long time.

Only played the sequel but that was awesome and hard as hell too.

Have I missed something. There's only ever been one Kid Icarus, hasn't these. On the NES, rereleased a couple of times (GB, VC) perhaps... But i really, really can't recall a sequel.

Have I missed something. There's only ever been one Kid Icarus, hasn't these. On the NES, rereleased a couple of times (GB, VC) perhaps... But i really, really can't recall a sequel.

As H-O-T said, the GB game was a sequel. :smile:

Lol, I have it on Gameboy and actually played a bit of it earlier seeing as everywhere I look online everyone is talking about Kid Ick. I'll tell you what, the game is just as unspecial as I ever thought! The music is probably the best part but if we are to get an updated game it would probably be nothing like the original games seeing as they are so old now. (Which is a good thing, imo.)