Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Prince of Persia

Dan_Dare

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No copy from Play for me so far. TDK on Blu Ray has been dispatched though!

Weird, I got mine yesterday and I live 3 countries away from where Play is based :D

bit annoyed. My local indie/ small chain store, after expecting a delivery of this game all day friday (see above) only got two sodding copies and sold them both before I got in this afternoon.

grr.

It'll be £20 in a few weeks anyway.

That isn't a reflection on the quality of the game, by the way — I've completed and really enjoyed it. So long as you take the game for what it is instead of constantly comparing it to The Sands of Time, I think it proves to be a good adventure game in its own right.

(It has to be said that half the time I was playing the game I was thinking how great BG&E2 will be if it uses this engine, though.)

even compared to sands of time, its a great game. its certainly kept alot of the epic feel, and trimmed the frustrating elements away, leaving a very well polished title behind. the only short coming is that it dosent feel ground breaking like sands of time did, though that would be very difficult, as there are so many of the freeruning style adventures about now.

It'll be £20 in a few weeks anyway.

That isn't a reflection on the quality of the game, by the way — I've completed and really enjoyed it. So long as you take the game for what it is instead of constantly comparing it to The Sands of Time, I think it proves to be a good adventure game in its own right.

(It has to be said that half the time I was playing the game I was thinking how great BG&E2 will be if it uses this engine, though.)

It's not the price that bothers me as i know I'll pay less anyway. I write freelance reviews and I now have a fair few watermarked games with PROMOTIONAL COPY NOT FOR RESALE on them. Luckily my indie guys don't give two shits about that and I can trade in with them (with every penny being 100% profit. zing!) so I'm just annoyed that their delivery sucked ass.

got this.

very nice. the animation is fucking amazing.When you string together a few moves over longer distances and it just flows and flows with no pauses, no glitches and nothing even close to a transition issue it's nothing short of astonishing.

Enjoying this 'no death' smoke and mirrors lark too. Functionally exactly the same as the previously titular sands gizmo, and a far, far preferable experience to a YOU ARE DEAD screen (um, note to developers: no I'm not. Look, a continue button!)

Combat is sweet too. Not sure if it'll ever be particularly tense but it's spectacular, full of character and the atmosphere of an old school, mythological adventure is a perfect fit for the whole shebang.

just mopping up the trophies, collecting the light seeds has left me frustrated, a group of 6 is totaly oput of reach, im going crazy trying to reach em. im in the 900 region now, once ive all of them ive got a few running between levels to do, and anouther play through without needing my arse rescuing so much.

very good game, the ending especialy totaly blef me away.

collecting the light seeds has left me frustrated, a group of 6 is totaly oput of reach, im going crazy trying to reach em.

Whereabouts? I found all the Light Seeds, so I might be able to help.

Speaking of which, it was quite nice finding everything without having the temptation of GameFAQs — there weren't any guides available. It reminded me of Orb hunting in Crackdown, albeit far less frustrating as you know how many you have left to find per area. I do think it's a bit of a shame that you don't get anything other than a Trophy/Achievement for collecting more Seeds than are required, though; you'd think there'd be some other sweetener, such as a bonus costume.

Whereabouts? I found all the Light Seeds, so I might be able to help.

Speaking of which, it was quite nice finding everything without having the temptation of GameFAQs — there weren't any guides available. It reminded me of Orb hunting in Crackdown, albeit far less frustrating as you know how many you have left to find per area. I do think it's a bit of a shame that you don't get anything other than a Trophy/Achievement for collecting more Seeds than are required, though; you'd think there'd be some other sweetener, such as a bonus costume.

its in the first set of areas you explore, second one from the left. from the fertile ground, you can see a set, its got a couple of pipes coming out of it. i litterlay tired for 20 mins, im ready to face palm at the blatently simple solution.

its in the first set of areas you explore, second one from the left. from the fertile ground, you can see a set, its got a couple of pipes coming out of it. i litterlay tired for 20 mins, im ready to face palm at the blatently simple solution.

I'm going off memory here so sorry if I'm a little fuzzy, but is the area The Cauldron? If so...

You can climb down from one of the low platforms to a hidden beam, and from there you can jump onto a concealed green Plate.

Standing on the Fertile Ground and facing the Seeds you're after, the platform you're looking for should be down and to the right in the chasm.

Sorry if that's the wrong place.

hmm...opinion of this one is shifting.

It's FAR too easy. Oddly, I don't think my complaints are quite the usual with the loose command times or the combat system- just that I simply don't feel inventive when I'm playing. EVERYTHING is just running in a straight line- they've completely removed any kind of spatial awareness puzzles so that rather than freeing up the player with the control scheme, all they've done is numbed the experience because the level design is so poor behind the illusion of spectacle.

There's some really good stuff in here: I really like the combat, the art is astonishing, Elika is a revelation, I like the controls.... but I realised last night that I've not learned any new tricks with the game since the tutorial.

So the only real complaint with the game is just how easy it is? Because I'm alright with easy as I get very frustrated with difficult games quite often. There are games like N+ where I like it to be difficult but stuff like this I'm fine with it. Would everyone recommend it?

I'm not gonna buy it until it's cheaper anyway. Is there any real difference in PS3 version and Xbox version? If so I'll buy whichever is cheapest.

It's in GameStation for £24.99, offer ends today though. I would go and get it but dunno if I ca make it since there's next to no busses where I live on Sundays, would of bought it yesterday but I never thought to ask when the offer ended :heh:

It's the same price online so i just ordered it, so cheers for that. I didn't really want to pay full price for it but I think £25 is a good price for it. More games should be £20-25. :p

Ordered the PS3 version as I don't have many games for it.

So the only real complaint with the game is just how easy it is? Because I'm alright with easy as I get very frustrated with difficult games quite often. There are games like N+ where I like it to be difficult but stuff like this I'm fine with it. Would everyone recommend it?

I'm not gonna buy it until it's cheaper anyway. Is there any real difference in PS3 version and Xbox version? If so I'll buy whichever is cheapest.

but the thing is that it's so easy you barely feel like you have any agency. There's no challenge here whatsoever. It's not a case of the game being stripped down and letting you get on with it, it's that there's barely any game left it's so basic.

Avoid, frankly. Unless you give it a rent and see.

Really wish I could recommend it. I just can't. I love sands of time it was almost perfect. Why do they insist on telling themselves it was a problematic game? :shakehead

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!