Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

How many people have played this again...?

I don't understand why people keep bringing up graphics as a con. If you're soley interested in the graphics maybe films are more your thing??? The graphics are far from repulsive, and so take nothing away from the experience. The experience being how the game plays.

Now as far as i'm aware there is only Emasher on the forum who has actually played the game, and judging from his impressions i'll be getting exactly what i was hoping for when the game finally pops through my letter box.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have all three as well and I want to know how it compares. But for me, the CONTROLS are one of the most important aspects - and I prefer controlling Medal of Honour wii than CoD4!! And of course it's my opinion; I said it, it's my opinion, do we all have to recursor all of our comments with "In my opinion"? Doesn't that fact I'm saying it clearly indicate it's my opinion?

And Metroid, you did mention graphics? You said these things shouldn't be valid points:

It controls great for a wii game. Well wii games control better than the others (IN MY OPINION) anyway, so great for a Wii game?!? Fuck me the best just got better.

It looks great for a Wii game. I'm no graphics whore, but obviously everyone would be happier the better the graphics, and I take design into this not technical power. And I think there are loads of great looking Wii games already; so if this is one of the better looking games; then surely this is also a great thing?!

And the online is great for a Wii game? Again. I play Mario Kart Wii more than anything on the PS3 or 360...if this is better than that great by me. Coupled with the controls means I'm going to love this!!!

You see....those comments can be a positive too!!! Do these mgazies and sites slag off PS3 and 360 games for having shit controls compared to the Wii? No, because they wouldn't dream of knocking it down for what it ISN'T?! Tiger Woods Next Gen still got great reviews even though COMPARED to the WII version it pales in comparison!!!

Just wanted to point out that comments like '360 ad PS3 have crap controls' are stupid as hell. They've got solid controls; if they were rubbish you wouldn't have been using a controller for the last, i don't know, 20 years.

Just wanted to point out that comments like '360 ad PS3 have crap controls' are stupid as hell. They've got solid controls; if they were rubbish you wouldn't have been using a controller for the last, i don't know, 20 years.

Hmmm; I'm going to play devils advocate here....

But saying we've been happy with the controller for 20 years is stupid on a number of accounts...we haven't been using these controllers for 20 years for a start, they've changed (bar the PS3's :) ) with each generation...and can't you say we were happy with NES graphics in 1988 so we should be happy with them now?! Isn't it the same logic? It is in case you thought differently. Things change and things age. For me, traditional controllers are aging; and time will prove that the direction the Wii has taken is the future of gaming - I think sonys and MS's desperate attempts this E3 show that.

And I never even said they were crap, I said games that have crap controls COMPARED to the Wii!! Isn't this the same argument as Wii games looking crap COMPARED to the next gen machines?

Wii pointer controls are great but it's still far easier to aim with sticks, plus the controller has plenty of buttons. I want to get The Conduit for the controls mostly, but it's only because I want to play a shooter in a different way for a bit.

I'd rather have KZ over this, simply because it's so deep online. This looks like the good old arcade stuff that plays in a similar vein to TS.

And the NES graphics point is wrong, of course we couldn't stick with those graphics, however the standard controllers have been built with effieciency in mind, and they work.

So who'd like to pay £17.95 for The Conduit? :grin:

Head over to Zavvi now!! Link

And yes, I've ordered from them before and recived pre-orders on release date. I had it pre-ordered with Gameplay for £26.99 with a probable Wednesday/Thursday delivery, but I think I can sacrifice that for a tenner!

Also, this could very well be a mis-price so get your order in quick. No excuses now!

Edited by welsh_gamer

So who'd like to pay £17.95 for The Conduit? :grin:

Head over to Zavvi now!! Link

And yes, I've ordered from them before and recived pre-orders on release date. I had it pre-ordered with Gameplay for £26.99 with a probable Wednesday/Thursday delivery, but I think I can sacrifice that for a tenner!

Also, this could very well be a mis-price so get your order in quick. No excuses now!

AWESOME find! Thank you!

Does this one come with the pre-order goodies?

If you mean if it's the Special Edition version or not, it is, as I don't belive there is a 'regular' edition, but there are no extra goodies, such as Play.com's speakers.

Also, I've just noticed it's a bit cheaper - £17.73 - at TheHut.

Edited by welsh_gamer

Chill chill. Wii fans have become accustomed to defending their right to play, enjoy and claim mediocre games are great for a Wii game.

This is nothing new. The developers reached out to you guys, they have no track record. Fans always go all googly eyed when they feel that something has been made especially for them. If Wii fans want more of the same, such as The Conduit, let them, just don't complain when you don't get any competent games in the future.

Chill chill. Wii fans have become accustomed to defending their right to play, enjoy and claim mediocre games are great for a Wii game.

This is nothing new. The developers reached out to you guys, they have no track record. Fans always go all googly eyed when they feel that something has been made especially for them. If Wii fans want more of the same, such as The Conduit, let them, just don't complain when you don't get any competent games in the future.

Hello everyone. Today, I'm going to show you a case of a fanboy coming onto a different console's website and trying to start arguments. This is a particularly rare case, in that the person in question seems at least moderately literate, and appears able to construct large sentences without the need to write profanities or l33t speak.

However, that doesn't mean that one should be less vigilant. There are certain obvious things that we should be looking out for here. First of all, there is the way he refers to 'fanboys' and then shortly afterwards speaks to 'you guys'. He is not outwardly calling everyone on the board a fanboy, but instead simply putting the two groups into one larger group.

Secondly, and most obviously here, his whole post is negative about the console which the board is aimed towards. He is not clearly saying that the console is bad (he at no point says 'the Wii is shit lolz'), but instead uses words such as 'mediocre' to provoke a defensive response from anyone he can.

Finally, he is patronising in a way that will annoy or anger any reader who thinks the post is aimed towards them, a friend, or someone who holds the same opinion as them. This, he hopes, will be the final thing that provokes an angry reply, and the most important thing to ignore when reading the post.

I hope this short lesson has shown you a few of the basic techniques that these fanboys can use, so that you yourself don't get caught out in similar situations. Be aware of these people on the internet, and remember guys and girls, people can be dicks.

Hello everyone. Today, I'm going to show you a case of a fanboy coming onto a different console's website and trying to start arguments. This is a particularly rare case, in that the person in question seems at least moderately literate, and appears able to construct large sentences without the need to write profanities or l33t speak.

However, that doesn't mean that one should be less vigilant. There are certain obvious things that we should be looking out for here. First of all, there is the way he refers to 'fanboys' and then shortly afterwards speaks to 'you guys'. He is not outwardly calling everyone on the board a fanboy, but instead simply putting the two groups into one larger group.

Secondly, and most obviously here, his whole post is negative about the console which the board is aimed towards. He is not clearly saying that the console is bad (he at no point says 'the Wii is shit lolz'), but instead uses words such as 'mediocre' to provoke a defensive response from anyone he can.

Finally, he is patronising in a way that will annoy or anger any reader who thinks the post is aimed towards them, a friend, or someone who holds the same opinion as them. This, he hopes, will be the final thing that provokes an angry reply, and the most important thing to ignore when reading the post.

I hope this short lesson has shown you a few of the basic techniques that these fanboys can use, so that you yourself don't get caught out in similar situations. Be aware of these people on the internet, and remember guys and girls, people can be dicks.

+1

It's a games console, It's a video game. Who cares.

Hello everyone. Today, I'm going to show you a case of a smug bellend.

I find these people very easy to spot because they structure their posts as if they were lodging an official complaint about an issue they have encountered.

Secondly, they obviously have an understanding of sophisticated words such as 'patronising' and they use this vocabulary in order to convince the audience. However suspicions are raised because the author could probably gather greater knowledge of the word if they read their own post through again, which would also offer an insight into the hypocritical nature of themself.

Finally, he ends with a seemingly triumphant conclusion that climaxes with a swear word to emphasise his achievement, whilst he waits in his chair looking for recognition from other fan-boys.

I hope you are now all aware of the techniques a smug bellend will use on a gaming forum.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously though, Tissue face is an ass, and probably chose the wrong forum. I guess that in writing the above I too have shown how to be a smug bellend.

Long Post...

The Word PWNT comes to mind here.

Anyway, I think I'll post some more multiplayer impressions, points I haven't talked about that much yet.

I spent a few hours playing multiplayer this evening again. I have come to the conclusion that the Pentagon map is too big even for 12 on 12. The Battle ends up being on one side of the wall that divides the map and you spawn as far away from the wall as possible on your side of the map for the most part. Its not that bad, but when you end up playing it 3 times in a row with the same weapon set, it gets annoying.

Kills are very satisfying, especially when you shoot a rocket and then take cover, expecting to miss, and then you see the skull come up in the center of the screen signifying that you killed something, and then do this several times in a row. This is something the game is very good at.

The game seemed to be glitch free tonight, and then right when I had a live grenade sitting at the feet of an enemy, my Wii crashed and made that buzzing noise. It was a good match too until that.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!