Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

GTA IV didn't need any advertising for the ''hardcore'' but they still rolled out a full advertising campaign.
So now GTA4 is hardcore? :shakehead

That and Metal Gear Solid series and the fear of the so called hardcore gamer when it comes to play a game branded as casual, for being easy, for having a broad appeal and for the fact that the biggest sales that product gets come from erm... casuals.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, games like that still need some advertising. The Chavs and Fadders don't read about games on the internet and they don't go looking around for good games. It could be the sequel to the most Chave/Fadder friendly game ever, and if its not marketed it will still sell crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Good. They're playing the game perfectly, are HVS. So many people are already interested at this point. Plus, everything's a bit hectic with the release schedules at the moment, so any new info has the danger of getting bogged down.

Rumours are that Sega have big things planned for marketing. If they can ramp that up in the new year, then it won't not sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Awards trailer just been put on gametrailers website, link below, not sure if theres any new footage, but its the first i've seen with the SEGA logo at the beginning.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43556.html

Another new trailer over at IGN titled Alien Scum Trailer

http://uk.media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14248157/vids_1.html

I WANT THIS GAME.

They're not new, they're exactly the same trailers that have been released to the public months ago. The only difference is the Sega logo.

I can't quite fathom how I'm the only one pointing this out wherever I go...

Yes, I thought I had seen all that before too! I hope they release some new stuff soon as it's meant to be out in the first quarter!

Yes, I thought I had seen all that before too! I hope they release some new stuff soon as it's meant to be out in the first quarter!

Nope, they're saying 2nd now. Probably because they need more time to add in the Motion Plus aiming and finishing the multiplayer.

I don't see any new footage coming out until 2009 now.

Yeah I think so....

How can you not? If the most generic FPS ever in MoH Heroes 2 can be a great game then this, surely, will be incredible. I don't know what it is about the Wii FPS controls but they just do it for me.

And this game looks to have the greatest controls yet!! So to recap:

- Best FPS on a home console ever

- Best graphics on Wii

- 16 player online

- With WiiSpeak

- Original design and story

- Amazing physics!

Plus, this game NEEDS to sell well for the future of 3rd party development!

I think a lot of "HD gamers" aren't exactly going to be thrilled by this. But its really looking like a great games. I don't care how generic it is, its going to be the Best FPS game on the Wii. And Wii FPS controls are the best I've ever experienced, even better than a mouse. The HD consoles get games similar to this all the time, and it makes this look generic, but its really the only thing like it on the Wii, and for all the Hardcore gamers who only have a Wii, this is what we've been asking for since the console came out pretty much.

I can't imagine how awesome the planned sequel is going to be. Not only will the not have to spend the time developing an engine from scratch but they will have time to improve an already existing revolutionary engine and probably have more time to work on gameplay. And they'll have Sega's money to back them up on top of that (assuming this sells).

..am I the only person who isn't feeling any excitement towards this game yet?

hmm not really.

I still see as being one of those games the internet overhypes just a little bit

Yeah I think so....

How can you not? If the most generic FPS ever in MoH Heroes 2 can be a great game then this, surely, will be incredible. I don't know what it is about the Wii FPS controls but they just do it for me.

And this game looks to have the greatest controls yet!! So to recap:

- Best FPS on a home console ever

- Best graphics on Wii

- 16 player online

- With WiiSpeak

- Original design and story

- Amazing physics!

Plus, this game NEEDS to sell well for the future of 3rd party development!

wow.... seriously I hope you won't be disappointed by this.. chances are this will be the beginning of a bloackbuster series but may not start as one..

and It could sell a ton but i don't see it making a massive different to the wiis library.. it's too late.

This shit looks incredible! And I don't think it's as generic as some people make it seem, I haven't seen any bald space marine yet. They seem to be implementing that "all seeing eye" in a lot of places rather well, so it isn't just run and shoot like some Halos I know. I'll buy this mainly for the campaign and keep playing it for the online mode. With something that at least resemble a gun instead of two knobs.

After playing things like Metroid and Call of Duty 5 on Wii, dual analogues really feel as archaic as fuck, so I'm really looking forward to this. If it doesn't appeal to you, then it's probably not suppossed to, like I know any Halos could never appeal to me, seeing as I'm addicted to the power of great control.

For me The Conduit would look really good if I hadn't played games like COD / Resistance on PC / PS3.

I've experienced better graphics / physics / online / controls for other games in the same genre... this just happens to be exclusive to Wii. Will be great for Wii only peeps though.

I'll pick it up if the single player gets good reviews and has some length to it, maybe.

For me The Conduit would look really good if I hadn't played games like COD / Resistance on PC / PS3.

I've experienced better graphics / physics / online / controls for other games in the same genre... this just happens to be exclusive to Wii. Will be great for Wii only peeps though.

I'll pick it up if the single player gets good reviews and has some length to it, maybe.

So its bad for you but good enough for us, is that what you're saying?

People can like whatever the hell they want for different reasons, for example I prefer Wii controls in FPS to twin sticks, specially on PS3, not to mention stale level design, useless physics and features that have been on the PC for ages. If The Conduit has great controls that alone makes it more interesting than most FPS out there, if level design and AI matches it, then yes, it can be much better than a lot of PC FPS.

The best ever? No chance in hell, probably not even close, but hey, each one wants different things from games. That's no reason to take the lately packed elitist (and stupid) "Wii games are a stopgap in quality and they just like them because there are very little good games, I'm the one playing high quality stuff." route.

I have a 360 for a month now and The Conduit still looks pretty good to me.

Same with me, I've had my 360 since September and I can't wait for the Conduit because it will control so much better with the Wii-mote than with Dual Analogues. I also know not to expect HD graphics from the Wii, so I am very impressed with how this game looks.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!