Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Look, this developer is making a Wii game, that is an original IP, it's not a party game, or a minigame-fest, it's an FPS with online multi, with customisable controls and aim and sensitivity. Those who have played it are very impressed and say it looks great in motion.

Sorry but that gives us reason to be happy!

Let's just hope it delivers well on all these fronts then. Any indication of when this may be out anyone?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would it be unfair to compare it to other 3rd party Wii games. It certainly is going to beat the crap out of most of them. I think people are just worried that this game is going to be as bad as the other HV games. Lets keep in mind that their other games have been crap because they were working under the pressure of limited time and interfering publishers. They're finally getting the chance to make the game THEY want to make, and early critics have said its a great game.

Well, making a game without external funds will amount to some rough edges, I imagine. And that alone is good enough a reason for me to not compare them to, well, Perfect Dark N64 Rare. With Nintendo's wallet in their pockets, Rare could afford to say "it's done when it's done." These guys, on the other hand, need the money, and it's fairly imaginable they had to compromise a bit when joining with that "first party grade publisher." Speaking of which, any news of that?

Well, making a game without external funds will amount to some rough edges, I imagine. And that alone is good enough a reason for me to not compare them to, well, Perfect Dark N64 Rare. With Nintendo's wallet in their pockets, Rare could afford to say "it's done when it's done." These guys, on the other hand, need the money, and it's fairly imaginable they had to compromise a bit when joining with that "first party grade publisher." Speaking of which, any news of that?

True, but then you think of 2005 Rare with Microsoft's wallet bringing out Perfect Dark Zero after 6 years in development, and feel the sudden need to throw up.

True, but then you think of 2005 Rare with Microsoft's wallet bringing out Perfect Dark Zero after 6 years in development, and feel the sudden need to throw up.

True, but Perfect Dark Zero = Rare + Microsoft

Perfect Dark N64 = Rare + Free Radical + Zoonami + Nintendo ;)

Edit: no that's not quite right... Uhmmm. There!

Allthough I can understand some of the complaints, I can appreciate the effort, and I'm really looking foward to it. It may be a generic sci-fi FPS with some rough edges, but it's one with Wii FPS controls, and well, it's actually the only one since Metroid (if you catagorize Metroid simply as a sci-fi FPS, if not, it's actually the only one..). From watching the videos, I only see something I want to play, and I doubt I'll change my mind on this one, unless of course they do something weird like putting Teletubbies in it, or some of those other freaks you see on the BBC in the morning.. Hmm, weird thought.

You see ye all have pity that it's a great effort from sch a small team etc etc. I think it's a great effort as I have said but

the usual wii gamer won't give a damn..

a €60 euro game is still a €60 euro game

the casual and most hardcore won't give a damn who a game comes from .

it's a worry.. I would think.

Allthough I can understand some of the complaints, I can appreciate the effort, and I'm really looking foward to it. It may be a generic sci-fi FPS with some rough edges, but it's one with Wii FPS controls, and well, it's actually the only one since Metroid (if you catagorize Metroid simply as a sci-fi FPS, if not, it's actually the only one..). From watching the videos, I only see something I want to play, and I doubt I'll change my mind on this one, unless of course they do something weird like putting Teletubbies in it, or some of those other freaks you see on the BBC in the morning.. Hmm, weird thought.

Everyone who values themselves as a gamer and owns a Wii should buy this.

After building so much hype as a publisher-less, motion-plussed, sci-fi shooter for the Nintendo Wii. At Nintendo's fall media summit, Cammie Dunaway is now calling it a "first-party title." Does that mean developer High Voltage Software has been bought by the House of Mario or is this some sort of second-party arrangement? We'll have more details as the story develops.

www.joystiq.com

The comment by Cammie is believed to be a mistake. It's believed she was supposed to say 'exclusive first person shooter' not 'exclusive first party shooter' but it doesn't mean that Nintendo are out of the picture in terms of publishing it. It is likely that HVS could become a second party development team with Conduit published by Nintendo.

Doesn't anyone understand it as a first-party shooter? As in, a shooter that's first party? Not that it would be first party even if they publish it, but it certainly seems likely. Then again, it is Cammy.

You sure it's not a first, party-shooter. UbiSoft have bought HVS and are making it into a mini game fest...

Imagine: the Conduit!

LOOOOOOOL

Yeah, i'm already imagining it:

"Use your water guns to have fun with puppies, and wash bad aliens that are dirty.

Rated E for Everyone"

The graphics look good, but I think that the guns seem a bit inacurate, and the levels are a bit linear.

I hope this becomes as good as Goldeneye was back in the day, and that there'll be a feature to turn guns on or off online.

I doubt they would miss something like turning the guns off looking at all the other stuff they're doing. Though I do want more online details. I don't think they've finished the online yet though.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!