NEurope

Can't they do something on the server side? Maybe monitoring strange activity and IP banning.

That's a huge disappointment. How many people have you encountered who are hacking?

Also, would this likely to be fixed for the Australian and European editions, seeing they're not out yet?

Well, if we just hold our own little private matches, we won't have that kind o' problem

That's a huge disappointment. How many people have you encountered who are hacking?

Also, would this likely to be fixed for the Australian and European editions, seeing they're not out yet?

Nobody. The guy as far as I know hasn't released the codes. But this is the sort of game where if someone cheats it will destroy the match. A lot of matches end up with very few players, which is fine, the game unlike some works well with smaller numbers, but if you're fighting 3 on 3 and someone on the other team is cheating...

Can't they do something on the server side? Maybe monitoring strange activity and IP banning.

The online is glitchy enough (although nothing that ruins the experience or even takes away from it) that I'm not sure strange activity would necessarily mean a hacker.

IP banning wouldn't be a good idea, because most IPs are dynamic and change all the time. You can ban an IP range, but what if someone else in that range gets the game? It would be much easier to ban by friend code I would think.

Well, if we just hold our own little private matches, we won't have that kind o' problem

To be honest, that's what I'm planning to do anyway. Great thing about being on a forum is that there's never a shortage of people who want to play.

It's a disappointment that there's hacking taking place already, and it's something that I have just never understood. What exactly do people get out of it? It reminds me of when I used to play AvP2 online quite heavily, people would hack the game to gain an unfair advantage, and then would gloat about it. It was annoying, and it just took all the fun out of the game.

People are stupid.

I doubt that the hacking is going to be a major problem anyway. I think the game will sell quite well and most that buy this one will also play it online. It's not going to sell anywhere near MK but then I bet there's a large percentage of MK owners who don't play online - I've only ever encountered a hacker once in that game and I have played A LOT of Mario Kart Wii!

I may have encountered a hacker today. There was one guy who had 19 kills when everyone else had like 5 and it wasn't that late in the game or on a weapon set where that happens. It may have just been someone who was really skilled though. The guy did release the code now, so its very possible.

Online Glitches

I've also encountered a glitch that resets the re-spawn timer (normally 3 or 5 seconds) to 20 seconds once the initial one is finished. It happens once every few matches. There's also a very rare glitch I've encountered that when the map loads it will only load the skybox (the sky background) and you will be frozen in place. You can't see anything else, but the HUD tells you that the match is still going on normally for everyone else. Other than that, I've had random freezings.

The ones that are common aren't game ruining though.

On a more positive note, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but the game's main theme that plays in the menus is rather awesome.

Edited by Emasher

I find myself really wanting to play this game, it just looks like a great online experience. Even if it does seem like most are struggling online with aiming and it seems like it takes a lot of lead to kill someone, it looks ruddy brilliant.

Gonna have a quick fix on KZ, but I need this and the 'remastered' Primes. Thinking I may just buy the games for a friend and borrow his Wii or something.

I may have encountered a hacker today. There was one guy who had 19 kills when everyone else had like 5 and it wasn't that late in the game or on a weapon set where that happens. It may have just been someone who was really skilled though. The guy did release the code now, so its very possible.

Online Glitches

I've also encountered a glitch that resets the re-spawn timer (normally 3 or 5 seconds) to 20 seconds once the initial one is finished. It happens once every few matches. There's also a very rare glitch I've encountered that when the map loads it will only load the skybox (the sky background) and you will be frozen in place. You can't see anything else, but the HUD tells you that the match is still going on normally for everyone else. Other than that, I've had random freezings.

The ones that are common aren't game ruining though.

On a more positive note, I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before but the game's main theme that plays in the menus is rather awesome.

Do you have COD:WAW, and if so, is the online smoother or less smooth in COnduit?

Do you have COD:WAW, and if so, is the online smoother or less smooth in COnduit?

I don't. In terms of lag, its a little less or about the same as MoH:H2 There's occasionally someone lagging but for the most part its fine. The Frame-rate is down just a bit.

-------------------------

Ok, I've seen cheating for sure for the first time today.

I was playing a team objective match (I think it was marathon), and my team was winning, but in the last few seconds of the match the other team started getting about 2 captures per second, they started with under 5, and ended up with 30 when the match ended just a bit latter. Obviously this is impossible when not cheating.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo ban a few hackers from online in MK, so they might do the same here.

i cant wait to play this online and im just curious, does Wii Speak work with random matches or only between friends?

i cant wait to play this online and im just curious, does Wii Speak work with random matches or only between friends?

Only with friends, even though the game says that you're entering a Wii Speak session when you start a random match.

But can you not invite your friends into a random match, in which case you could speak to them?

But can you not invite your friends into a random match, in which case you could speak to them?

No, I'm pretty sure you can't. You can't have random people in a friend match either. I don't know what happens if you coincidentally end up in a random match with a friend, but you probably wouldn't be able to talk to them. I may be wrong though, as I don't have very many registered friends yet.

Thing is that would be rubbish if you wanted to play with just 1 of your friends against random people though? It's not exactly going to be often when there's 11 other friends to battle with.

Or am I missing something?

Emasher, it seems a few people are experiencing problems playing online. How common are these problems, and what game would you compare The Conduit's online play to. Mario Kart...? or Brawl?

Cheers.

Thing is that would be rubbish if you wanted to play with just 1 of your friends against random people though? It's not exactly going to be often when there's 11 other friends to battle with.

Or am I missing something?

Like I said, I haven't done any friend matches. I'm mostly going on what others have told me, so it may be wrong.

I will quote what it says in the manual:

A personal friend code for this game will be displayed on your screen when you access "friends" from the select region screen. The twelve digit code displayed on the friends screen is your friend code required to create a private session. Until you exchange friend codes with a friend and register them, your user name will not appear on each other's friend rosters. Note that a maximum of 64 friends can be stored to your friend roster a one time.

It doesn't sound like it the way it says private game. But who knows.

Emasher, it seems a few people are experiencing problems playing online. How common are these problems, and what game would you compare The Conduit's online play to. Mario Kart...? or Brawl?

Cheers.

Here's the problems I've encountered and how big a deal they are on a scale from 1 to 5 (5 being the biggest problem) during the match.

Framerate Drops - 1 - Not really an issue, it only goes down a little bit and its still very playable. It still stays around 30.

Lag - 2 - Occasionally you will find someone in a match who jumps around the screen because they are lagging. This is rare, so its not a big deal.

Respawn Timer Glitch - 1 - In most matches you will respawn after 5 or 3 seconds depending on the match type. Sometimes the timer will after reaching "0", reset itself to 20 and you will have to wait 20 seconds before you respawn. This might happen once every few matches, and its only just annoying when it happens.

Cheaters - 4 - Lets just say, if you get a cheater, the match is no longer fun. I've only seen one once though, and it was just in the last few seconds that they did it.

Loading Glitch - 5 - This is a very rare glitch I've encountered. Its happened to me twice now. You see the map loading screen and then when the map loads, you see this weird quarter circle symbol in the middle of the screen. None of the buttons or waggle functions work. You can tell the match is going on around you. One time it loaded the skybox ad nothing else. The second time it loaded everything and I could see the match, even my hudgun for the spawn weapon was loaded, but it just spun when I moved the remote around with the IR function. Also, when I turned my Wii off then on and got back into a match, it was the exact same match and the glitch happened again, so if you encounter this, you may want to try a different mode for the remaining duration of that match. Like I said, its rare though.

I would compare it more to Mario Kart with a couple glitches than brawl though. Brawl was almost always bad. If you add a few glitches to Mario kart it would be about the same.

Edit:

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=4125

Edited by Emasher

Not read the review yet but Edge scored this 4/10. :(

HAHA seriously?! Jeez i'm looking forward to reading that, will probably just criticise how short the game is and how, apart from controls, it does nothing new. Interesting.

And the gave Prototype an 8?

No way. That game is fun for like an hour.

I don't need to play the game to know that it's worth more than a 4. Edge are nobheads and probably biased towards PS3/360. Maybe more 360 judging by some reviews.

I don't need to play the game to know that it's worth more than a 4. Edge are nobheads and probably biased towards PS3/360. Maybe more 360 judging by some reviews.

Their last two 10s were awarded to Mario Galaxy and Little Big Planet.

You haven't played it as you just said, they have. They have a better opinion than you have.

I guess if they rate a mediocre game that you have an attachment to pretty low, it makes them biased.

Their last two 10s were awarded to Mario Galaxy and Little Big Planet.

You haven't played it as you just said, they have. They have a better opinion than you have.

I guess if they rate a mediocre game that you have an attachment to pretty low, it makes them biased.

I have the game, I've gone through the entire single player mode, I've played hours of multiplayer. Its worth MUCH higher than a 4. You also have to look at how low their score is compared to the other reviewers' scores. Its probably not worth a 9. Probably high 7s to high 8s.

I have the game, I've gone through the entire single player mode, I've played hours of multiplayer. Its worth MUCH higher than a 4. You also have to look at how low their score is compared to the other reviewers' scores. Its probably not worth a 9. Probably high 7s to high 8s.

Why does it deserve a high score then? What about it makes it special?