NEurope
stuwii

How awful are search engines?

Is there any questions that can never be answered on the internet? Mine is What is the highest ever La liga points total?

It's not really fair to see who got the most points as they used to do it as 2 points for a win. I'm sure if you wanted to find out you could go through all the individual seasons (started 1928, so only 79 to look through) and check.

Not awful at all. I use google.

SO DO I and nothing at all

Not awful at all. I use google.

From when it was called La Liga Real Madrid got the highest points total of 92 points in the 1996-97 season

2nd answer in Google btw.

That requires to flick through all 70 years

Well if all else fails you can make a thread about it so that someone else does the work for you.

...oh wait.

I googled: highest points total la liga

5th result:

Bernd Schuster's side [Real Madrid] has the highest points total ever achieved since the League awarded three points for a win

SO DO I and nothing at all

It had to be done! :heh:

Oh and i think search engines are great! i always get results except when i typed in:

Is it true that Noel Edmunds possesses a fake beard?

No results... :blank:

I only use google though. :)

My question that the internet cant answer is when will you stop making threads which will be locked before they get past one page..

How old are you stuwii? Do you have any idea how much harder information was to find 5 years ago? The strides are gigantic.

Most search engines annoy me, when it's something random I get every result I need, but when it's something for college I cannot find anything.

I swear college just makes stuff up to annoy me..

I love when I search for something and one of the 1st page results are a link to another search engine showing me the results of what I was originally looking for

Most search engines annoy me, when it's something random I get every result I need, but when it's something for college I cannot find anything.

I swear college just makes stuff up to annoy me..

well contact your local librarian and they will help you in the right direction..

Google is good for finding out where stuff is located.. say you need an specific article.. then google the title and you will almost always find out which journal it is located in.. but topic searches should be avoided on google

,you will get far too much cra*..

well contact your local librarian and they will help you in the right direction..

Google is good for finding out where stuff is located.. say you need an specific article.. then google the title and you will almost always find out which journal it is located in.. but topic searches should be avoided on google

,you will get far too much cra*..

Hmm, you see I do agree with going to the library, but most of the books on computing are either out of date or don't actually have the information needed.

It would alot easier if the college library wasn't so crap and I actually had a library card for the county council.

I do eventually find the information online, even though we are banned from using wikipedia *chuckle*, it just takes way too long.

You know that library cards are, like, free and stuff? Just walk into the library and say "Hi! I wanna join!" and proove you are who you say you are (two forms of ID, perhaps only one) and voila - you get a card.

I do realise xD, I've had one before, it's just getting in and getting one. Plus with 5 weeks left of college, it'll only be useful for 5weeks then I'll be moving to where my card won't be valid. -.-