Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Jail for being jealous or not screwing your wife

Mikey

Guest Stefkov

Well that's in Mexico so our prisons will be fine. All those paedophiles and rapists can sleep easy jealous men won't be overcrowding their space.

Well that's in Mexico so our prisons will be fine. All those paedophiles and rapists can sleep easy jealous men won't be overcrowding their space.

Yes, it's in Mexico, but it shows how bad things are becoming for men in this World. In the USA, a woman only has to say she feels "threatened", and she can have her husband thrown out of his house, get a restraining order put on him, and he isn't allowed to see or contact his children.

http://www.dontmakehermad.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.msg3#new

"Men ought not to feel discriminated against." Presumably because they can be imprisoned for that too.

Surely this is borderline Minority Report, essentially arresting people for a crime they haven't committed? At any rate, jealousy or indifference might call for counselling but I don't see how a prison sentence will help any.

I imagine any actual benefit of this law will be far outweighed by the abuse of it.

Well, I can tell this is going to be another thread about feminism.

Though whatever way you see this, you have to agree that's pretty fucking retarded law.

Naw, I'm not gonna rant about that this time. I just wanted to show people what men face.. You have to be careful these days if you're a bloke.

Guest Stefkov
"Men ought not to feel discriminated against." Presumably because they can be imprisoned for that too.

Surely this is borderline Minority Report, essentially arresting people for a crime they haven't committed? At any rate, jealousy or indifference might call for counselling but I don't see how a prison sentence will help any.

I imagine any actual benefit of this law will be far outweighed by the abuse of it.

I'd love a Minority Report type place. Only because I love sci-fi stuff and it would be pretty cool.

But yeah this is pretty bad. Doubt that law would make it over here though, tbh it's what they want to do.

And why doesn't it work the other way round? women get as jealous too!

They're not as likely to hit their husbands, I suppose.

Incidentally, my sister works for Women's Aid and has to meet a lot of abused women and violent husbands. I'll ask for her take on this law next time I see her.

They're not as likely to hit their husbands, I suppose.

Incidentally, my sister works for Women's Aid and has to meet a lot of abused women and violent husbands. I'll ask for her take on this law next time I see her.

Women's Aid is a poisonious organization. Very scary if you know their history. Google Erin Pizzey, and you'll see how they sort of formed.

Read this as well.

http://www.bennett.com/ptv/

It'll show you about how women are just as likely to be as abusive in a relationship.

Well thank you for discounting all the good work that my sister does.

Still, I wouldn't want to taint your monochrome world with shades of grey.

Not discounting anything your sister has done, I just know about how poisonious an organization they are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women's_Aid

I know Wiki isn't a great source, but I can find more links too.

Critics, such as Erin Pizzey, the founder of battered women's refuges in the UK, say such organisations' persistent presentation of women as victims of men is dishonest and deliberately inaccurate, as well as patronising and insulting to both genders.

It's easy to criticise. Much easier than, say, helping people, which at the end of the day is Women's Aid's purpose.

Perhaps it does perpetuate a disruptive viewpoint, but there are far worse offenders of this. The organisation isn't treating a phantom problem, after all: the women they try to help are all broken in some way, even if the blame can't be levelled solely at their abusive partners.

I would suggest that 'glamour' magazines and the media at large are far more damaging to the female self-image than Women's Aid, and those are purely in it for the money.

Hooray! Here come the Thought Police!

And Christ...

...I have been with two extremely possessive women in my life, one of them used to throw things when she didn't get her own way, the other has tantrums. Nobody is telling me I'm abused or should be seeking legal help, I just have to suck it down.