Sonic Unleashed

mcj metroid

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

more detailed information about sonic unleased :

1. The game started development as Sonic Adventure 3
  2. Were-Sonic will be slower, stronger, but more agile. Access new areas, only playable at night.
  3. Sonic avoids obstacles, Were-Sonic destroies them, and uses his long arms to move, similar to an ape.
  4. Wii version will be a graphical showcase for the system.
  5. Wii version is the original platform. The PS2 version is a downgraded version of Wii version, and Xbox 360 and PS3 versions will be a graphically updated version.
  6. It will be played with the nunchuck, not the Wiimote sideways as in Secret Rings.
  7. Big budget game, similiar in scope with the two Sonic Adventure games.
  8. Story: Dr. Eggman manages to defeat Super Sonic, causing Sonic to be seriously altered in health. As soon as night falls, Sonic transforms into an immensly powerful beast.
  9. Waresonic will not be evil, but rather a 'hulk' version of Sonic. Sonic mantains his normal good guy personality.
  10. Tails, Amy, Knuckles and Shadow are in the game, but only as part of the story.
  11. Speed Boost from Sonic Rush appears in Sonic Unleashed.
  12. New moves include Sonic Drift (short sharp turn when moving at high speeds) and Quick Step (from Sonic and the Secret Rings, avoid obstacles in the way)
  13. The game is designed by Yashihita Hasimoto (Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Advance, Sonic Pinball Party, Sonic Adventure DX).
  14. Developed by Sonic Team of Japan, not a worldwide collaboration as previosly rumored.
  15. No official footage from the Wii version on the internet so far.
  16. No relation with Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 or Sonic and the Secret Rings.

Bold=WHY ..... Shadow and Amy respect -10%

Underlined= That sucks I where hoping wii where making good grounds

Wonder if Sonics final transformation will be Super-Were-Sonic! :blank:

But yeah there's hope for this game yet, if the Wii version is the main version, but then why wasn't Wii footage released?!

And yeah, it should just be Sonic, Tails and Knuckles from now on!

Still they say the others are "upgraded versions" and started of by showing them, hinting that the "supposed" upgrades are farther along than the Wii build!

They're simply going to show off the best looking footage at this point, and that will come from the other two systems. The better the game looks at the first release of screenshots the more people will be interested. The graphics looked amazing.

As for Amy, I like her IF she's a non playable, I quite liked her in SA2 when she was just there with part of the story. It didn't work as well in SA1 where you did play as her because she's annoying :)

And as for Shadow, I'm one of the few who LIKES him. I thought in SA2 he was awesome, and most people agreed at the time. But then they made him emo, and released Shadow the Hedgehog and most people went off him.

The thing about sonic team is they have to get used to treating their characters right, they always just screw them up because they don't take them in the right direction. I mean how many characters have they tried introducing over the last 8ish years? About 15. How many were popular...a couple had potential but that's about it. But still in Sonic Rush Adventure they introduce a character and think the best way to endear them to the audience is to make them extremely annoying. How is that going to get the audience to like them!?

That's why Sonic, Tails and Knuckles all work, they were introduced in the 2-D era where they didn't have dialogue. Just give you parts of their story (I.e. Knuckles trying to protect the master emerald) and let you do the rest.

They keep trying to force annoying character traits down your throats with the new ones, Cream the rabbit had potential until they turned her into an Amy cloner personality wise in Heroes.

I think that's another issue they have, they can't write female characters, they're always either girly girly (Amy, Cream) or butch feminists (Blaze, Rouge). If they just made a normal character somewhere in the middle it would probably be fine. But if they just come up with a decent story, and let the story do the talking these characters they have introduced could actually have potential. But alas they probably won't.

As much as I agree with just Tails, Knuckles and Sonic, I still like Shadow a lot. There only part of the story anyway like they where in the Secret Rings anyway, so it doesn't bother me much.

Seconded. Shadow is actually a pretty decent character, and one of my favourites within the Sonic universe. It's not like he's going to be the main focus of the game.

They're simply going to show off the best looking footage at this point, and that will come from the other two systems. The better the game looks at the first release of screenshots the more people will be interested. The graphics looked amazing.
Goes against the argument of Wii being the core version though, more like sweet talking for Official Nintendo Magazine. After all, if it was the core version... it would be farther along in development, which, showing footage of others first contradicts.

And for the record, graphics had good artistic direction only, nothing in there, taking resolution aside... couldn't be pulled out of a Wii. Question is if they will.

Their comments assure us they're doing it on-spec and all so the conversion is smooth, but the "core version" being the Wii seems kinda overblown based on their actions.

Someone has revealed what is believed to be the plot line for Sonic Unleashed. "The game begins with Super Sonic amidst a battle with Dr Eggman and his robots. Somehow Dr Eggman lures Super Sonic into a trap and using his latest invention misuses the power of the Chaos Emeralds to defeat Super Sonic and change something in Sonic’s body. Dr Eggman appears to break the planet apart soon afterwards. Having been broken apart by the evil Dr Eggman, it’s up to Sonic to put the pieces of the world back together again by retrieving the power of the Chaos Emeralds!"

www.maxconsole.net

I'll admit that I was incredibly skeptical of this game when it was first announced, even cynical, and moreso when it was confirmed there would be a PS2 version. But flicking through the latest ONM, I saw that those beautiful screenshots that were first leaked seem to actually be from the Wii game. Now, as long as ONM weren't just getting overexcited (God knows they have done in the past) and providing SEGA aren't doing an EA and artificially sprucing up their stills, I can safely say that Unleased looks like a kickass game. For the time being though, I'm not stressing myself out about Sonic untill more is elaborated.

flicking through the latest ONM, I saw that those beautiful screenshots that were first leaked seem to actually be from the Wii game.
Trust me, they aren't... the leaked ones are in a higher resolution than Wii will output so it's a dead giveaway they're not taken from a Wii.

.I just really hope that the game could bring that sonic old aura from de 2D games.

If i had money for everytime i heard that.

I'm too old for this crap and waiting to see if sega will release a good game or not..Why oh why don't they just release a 2d game on the consoles?

If i had money for everytime i heard that.

I'm too old for this crap and waiting to see if sega will release a good game or not..Why oh why don't they just release a 2d game on the consoles?

Yeah, you're right, and i do understand what you're saying, but do you think that making a 2D Games for the actual consoles would have the same sparkle? I what the old aura from that games, but i need something new and fresh.. That old aura has to be implemented in 3D games, for god sake.

They have to jump to 3D for g00d. For life! xD

2-D adventures are what the DS is for. What's the point in making a game for the Wii they could put on the DS?

The problem with Sega is they don't spend enough time on their games, Nintendo spend ages and sure have a year or two delays sometimes, but they make sure the game's good. Sega when they announce a game it's usually out about 6-9 months later, if they said this game was coming out next summer though I wouldn't have any complaints as it would show they're taking their time with it. 2-D games by them are great, as they don't NEED long development times.

I think this game seems to be following the right kind of lines though, although some of the footage shown does seem to be a bit on the rails, something they need to stop doing a bit...

• 2 weeks later...

Some new info regarding the Wii version...

http://www.cubed3.com/news/9928

- split of 3d to 3d side-scrolling action is about 50/50

- hub areas for story return once again

- Wii version is not using the same engine as PS3/360, but the team is working hard to duplicate the look as closely as possible

- mix of speed and platforming

- Wii version is different in stage design and controls

- coding and stages for Wii version is being handled by Dimps, who was responsible for Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventure

- Tomoya Ohtani from Sonic Rush will be the sound director.

But why! Its not needed. Im of the extremely strong opinion that it should only be added if it improves the game, ala Excite Truck or Resident Evil 4, not subbed in for what can easily be performed with a button ala jumping = Mario Galaxy = good, Sonic Secret Rings = awful (jumping wise) (And imo game wise too)

I never had any problem with SOTR jumping and I think adding motion controls makes the game much more fun than pressing a button IF well implemented. This sounds like Nintendo PR, but it really is what I think, I really liked SOTR, and I doubt I'd like it half as much if it had normal controls. Also, jumping on SOTR was with the 2 button :P