NEurope
Fandango

Sonic Unleashed

So you people didn't notice the fact that the game is going to include Werehog Sonic, then? Call me a purist, but Sonic is about speed and sunshine, not 'darkness' and 'drama'.

I suppose we just have to accept that Sonic games aren't made for old-school Sonic fans but to appease an 8-year-old's concept of cool. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the latter, but it's a shame Sega refuse to make a Sonic game for the old guard, as I'm sure they'd like to buy it.

So you people didn't notice the fact that the game is going to include Werehog Sonic, then? Call me a purist, but Sonic is about speed and sunshine, not 'darkness' and 'drama'.

I suppose we just have to accept that Sonic games aren't made for old-school Sonic fans but to appease an 8-year-old's concept of cool. There's nothing intrinsically wrong with the latter, but it's a shame Sega refuse to make a Sonic game for the old guard, as I'm sure they'd like to buy it.

They could do with taking a leaf out of Megaman's book.

That said; Zelda managed to incorporate a main character twist in the game and did it rather well. I won't be letting my guard down for this game just yet - it looks like it might still have promise, but at the same time I am quite prepared for it to be shit.

They could do with taking a leaf out of Megaman's book.

That said; Zelda managed to incorporate a main character twist in the game and did it rather well. I won't be letting my guard down for this game just yet - it looks like it might still have promise, but at the same time I am quite prepared for it to be shit.

When has Sonic ben about 'speed' though? Rush used speed the most but the old Mega Drive games weren't all that fast imo.

When has Sonic ben about 'speed' though? Rush used speed the most but the old Mega Drive games weren't all that fast imo.

QFT! Sonic was about platforming.

QFT! Sonic was about platforming.

Well, everyone I know that enjoyed the old Sonic games enjoyed them for the feeling of finding the fastest, smoothest route through a level. If you wanted fantastic platforming then you'd play Mario, but the Hedgehog was all about reaching for that flight-like feeling of a flawless run. Perhaps 'flow' would be a more apt term?

Fair enough if you played Sonic to jump between floating platforms, but to me that's a bit like playing The Sands of Time for the combat¹: it's a part of the game, but it isn't what it's about.

¹I realise no one in their right mind would do that, it's just the first example that came to mind.

Well, everyone I know that enjoyed the old Sonic games enjoyed them for the feeling of finding the fastest, smoothest route through a level. If you wanted fantastic platforming then you'd play Mario, but the Hedgehog was all about reaching for that flight-like feeling of a flawless run. Perhaps 'flow' would be a more apt term?

Fair enough if you played Sonic to jump between floating platforms, but to me that's a bit like playing The Sands of Time for the combat¹: it's a part of the game, but it isn't what it's about.

¹I realise no one in their right mind would do that, it's just the first example that came to mind.

And while the old games may feel slow now - they certainly felt fast back in the day.

And while the old games may feel slow now - they certainly felt fast back in the day.

Yeah that is true, people now are used to high speed in games while back then it would of been fast.

I kinda want to go play Sonic 2 and Sonic CD now. Yet to actually complete Sonic CD. Love that intro song...

Yeah that is true, people now are used to high speed in games while back then it would of been fast.

I kinda want to go play Sonic 2 and Sonic CD now. Yet to actually complete Sonic CD. Love that intro song...

To be honest, it's been a fair while since there was a Sonic game that didn't look naff and wasn't bugged to hell.

To be honest, it's been a fair while since there was a Sonic game that didn't look naff and wasn't bugged to hell.

The problem is that gamers never learn.

"Oh my god, this game looks disgusting! Its totally lost the feel of the classic games, I'm not sure how its going to control. Fucking hell, the voices! Listen to the voice acting! Its still as hideous as it was in Adventure 2: Battle! Bugger me shitless, listen to all of this! Look at it! LOOK AT IT! What are they doing to my beloved Sonic?!

I'm still going to buy it. BUT STILL!"

The problem is that gamers never learn.

"Oh my god, this game looks disgusting! Its totally lost the feel of the classic games, I'm not sure how its going to control. Fucking hell, the voices! Listen to the voice acting! Its still as hideous as it was in Adventure 2: Battle! Bugger me shitless, listen to all of this! Look at it! LOOK AT IT! What are they doing to my beloved Sonic?!

I'm still going to buy it. BUT STILL!"

Good old 'sonic boom', i have played that song a couple of times on brawl....

Out of all the 3d sonic games i consider Sonic Adventure 2 on the dreamcast the best. It still had little bugs but i thought the gameplay and the hughness of the game amazing. I was so happy when i got all the emblems and unlocked the 3d version of green hill zone!

Sonic heores, shadow the hedgehog, sonic the hedgehog (360) and sonic and the secret rings have all been naff in comparsion to SA2. I would be very happy if they could just make a game like that again!

Good old 'sonic boom', i have played that song a couple of times on brawl....

Out of all the 3d sonic games i consider Sonic Adventure 2 on the dreamcast the best. It still had little bugs but i thought the gameplay and the hughness of the game amazing. I was so happy when i got all the emblems and unlocked the 3d version of green hill zone!

Sonic heores, shadow the hedgehog, sonic the hedgehog (360) and sonic and the secret rings have all been naff in comparsion to SA2. I would be very happy if they could just make a game like that again!

SEGA have released a new trailer for Sonic Unleashed. It shows some CGI cut scenes and some wolf form gameplay, finally! Trailer footage is based off the 360 version.