N-Europe

Mafia Games - Progress

Esequiel

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok first post updated, had to dumb it down a bit by removing dates from the end tables as its taking to long!

One thing i notice is recurring is that a neutral can win and also a town or mafia in the same game. Chairdriver started all this so can you clarify? If a neutral wins surely anyone else is runners up? Or is it at the game masters discression?

I also see theres only 2 games in the queue now.... is the craze over?

One thing i notice is recurring is that a neutral can win and also a town or mafia in the same game. Chairdriver started all this so can you clarify? If a neutral wins surely anyone else is runners up? Or is it at the game masters discression?

It depends on the gamemaster. In my opinion, a player should only be a runner-up if:

-He's a Neutral that had to fulfill his objective during the game, but never accomplished it in the end (Ex.: If Tellyn had never been lynched, he would've been a runner-up by the end of the game);

-If a Neutral had a winning objective that could only be accomplished in the end (Ex.: Cube on the Videogame Mafia), then the remaining players would be runner-ups

But this all depends on the gamemaster's individual opinions.

I think you're thinking about 'winning' in the wrong way. The game is about who ends up with control of the town. A neutral as a theoretical person in this town may exist without the perameters that normal townies need to win for one reason or another. I see no problem with having multiple winners.

I think you're thinking about 'winning' in the wrong way. The game is about who ends up with control of the town. A neutral as a theoretical person in this town may exist without the perameters that normal townies need to win for one reason or another. I see no problem with having multiple winners.

Exactly. Just because Tellyn won, that doesn't mean that the townies become "runner-ups".

The way I see it:

-When the Mafia gains majority, that's it. Game Over for everyone else;

-If the town wins, the game goes on until the "dangerous" Neutrals (like Cube, or the Serial Killer) are eliminated, or one of them wins (in which case everyone else becomes a runner-up);

-The "harmless" Neutrals (like Tellyn) are a different case. They must fullfill their goals before somebody wins. If the game ends without them completing their goal, they become runner-ups.

I also see theres only 2 games in the queue now.... is the craze over?

It was getting ridiculous, everyone just jumped on the bandwagon.

Plus, I really want a chairdriver game after those two, so don't go making any new ones guys. :heh:

I'm in the mood to do another game like the second game - set in a town like the original vanilla, but having some fun unpredictable roles to mix things up.

That or a comic superhero game.

Go for the latter, that sounds awesome. : peace:

Hmmm...

*Is reminded of the "Amalgam" comic series*

*Doesn't like the idea*

:p

Yeah, it's an idea.

Ok, so they've never really worked, *thinks of X-men/Star trek and dies alittle* but i'm just thinking the best of the best sort of thing :P

Hmmm...

*Is reminded of the "Amalgam" comic series*

*Doesn't like the idea*

:p

Yeah, it's an idea.

But it spawned the most epic being ever to exist "Darkclaw"

How can a mix of Batman and Wolverine fail? :heh:

But a DC themed game would be pretty cool.

Especially when your someone like "The Question"