Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The P-p-p-punofficial N-E Quiz

jayseven

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. Something to do with hormones.

I'll give you that, it's done by hormonal suppression. :heh:

5. They don't practice polyandry, they mate exclusively with one partner.

(Incidentally you don't specify which kind of wolf :heh:)

No, but the use of the term polyandry suggested I was talking about those that are polyandrous.

can I suggest for the other questions, grunchie, you give some clues to encourage 'more' attempts! :)

Yeah, sounds like a plan.

Well, number 3 is a cryptic crossword clue, so the answer is two words, the first of 7 letters and the second of 6, and somehow relates to the clue, most likely in two different ways, neither of which is directly related to the clue's actual meaning.

As for number 10... first, find out another word for water bear, and then see if you can find a way to see my bookshelf.

No, but the use of the term polyandry suggested I was talking about those that are polyandrous.

:(:(:( to be fair the grey wolf is monogamous, and it could easily have been a trick question! The other one was, so I thought this could be... and also to be fair my answer was correct...for the grey wolf anyway.

:(:(:( to be fair the grey wolf is monogamous, and it could easily have been a trick question! The other one was, so I thought this could be... and also to be fair my answer was correct...for the grey wolf anyway.

If I said "How do people speak Hindi?", then "They don't, they only speak English" isn't an acceptable answer, even if it is true for you, or any other person/group of people. This question's analagous.

But the grey/gray wolf still prevents the other females from mating by doing all of the things I have stated (well sort of).

Okay:

3. Tickets required for loud disapproval of royal skating display. (7,6)

"Tickets required" is literally related to the answer.

"loud disapproval of royal skating display" is related to a phrase which you can join up to make the answer.

The first word is 7 letters, the second 6.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!