N-Europe

The Official MGS4 Thread.

Caris

Japan Sales

- 100% sell-thru for normal version, 90% for special version

- Complete sell-out for steel-colored special hardware bundles, 2 left for Sony's own hardware bundles

- Not too outstanding normal PS3 pushes compared with the sales of hardware bundles

- The total sales of MGS4 in the launch day alone already exceeded the LTDs of MNG5, DMC4 and RGG3, and just a little bit behind the LTD of Musou 5, the best-selling PS3 game in his shop.

Guest Stefkov

Started playing it at 1 ish then was out for 4/5 hours at 2 o'clock so Act 1 took me 6 hours to complete.

Visually the game is fantastic, I look forward to watching the cutscenes. I wish Metal Gear was just a movie, each game in the MGS series being a movie which I can just watch.

The graphics in one of the cutscenes later on, in Act 3 I think, are f*cking amazing.

I'm so glad I played MGS3 otherwise half of this would be going over my head.

I want to keep playing but I don't want to finish it...damn it.

I think thats all for today.

When they are wandering towards you after you defeat them does it make a difference if you tranq them to lose all their stamina or just kill them? I've been tranqing them.

The graphics in one of the cutscenes later on, in Act 3 I think, are f*cking amazing.

I'm so glad I played MGS3 otherwise half of this would be going over my head.

I want to keep playing but I don't want to finish it...damn it.

I think thats all for today.

When they are wandering towards you after you defeat them does it make a difference if you tranq them to lose all their stamina or just kill them? I've been tranqing them.

FaceCamo ie you get head camo (the overall battle, no specifics involved).

Laughing Octopus - Defeat the Battle Beauty (human form) Laughing Octopus by non-lethal means.

Raging Raven - Defeat the Battle Beauty (human form) Raging Raven by non-lethal means.

Crying Wolf - Defeat the Battle Beauty (human form) Crying Wolf by non-lethal means.

Screaming Mantis - Defeat the Battle Beauty (human form) Screaming Mantis by non-lethal means.

Roy Campbell - Shock Colonel Campbell using the Metal Gear II during the intermission scene.

Otacon - Shock Dr. Emmerich using the Metal Gear II during the intermission scene.

Raiden Mask A - Shock Sunny using the Metal Gear II during the intermission scene.

Raiden Mask B - Shock Dr. Naomi Hunter using the Metal Gear II during the intermission scene.

Drebin - Purchase and keep more than 60 different weapons.

Big Boss - Earn the Big Boss emblem on a single-player session by doing the following: instigate no alerts; kill no enemies (not even bosses); do not continue (at all); do not use life recovery items (at all); do not use the stealth suit or bandanna special items (you may possess, but not activate them); and complete the game on Big Boss Extreme difficulty under 5 hours.

So is it necessary for me to play Snake Eater because I really want to play this seeing as it's out and everyone is talking about it?

I only have a 40bg, but there is a ps2 if I can be bothered to set it up.

I personally didn't like MGS3 :/

What didn't you like?

I preferred playing MGS2 but I thought the story with The Boss, Naked Snake and Eva was just awesome. And the last section was just so cool. Best boss fights ever...well until I played MGS4. Laughing Octopus now has that crown.

Guest Stefkov
I don't know what everyone else thinks but Act 3 is REALLY MGS3 reference heavy. It just wouldn't have the same impact without.

MGS3 is an awesome game anyway, you should just play it.

Shit.

There's nothing I can do now, I'll just have to go off what Gametrailers videos have told me.

Also in Act 2

When you're speaking to Naomi, before you get all tested and whatnot. When she was explaining the whole aging I remember her saying 'It's like it was a game' or on those lines. It showed a list of the MGS games then had a few more pictures underneath it saying 'Under Construction'. I just thought this was maybe a hint.

There is a new Octocamo and Audio track to download.

I really hope the 2.4 update allows you to play custom soundtracks through the iPod. T'would be awesome.

Shit.

There's nothing I can do now, I'll just have to go off what Gametrailers videos have told me.

It isn't confusing or anything, if you haven't played MGS3, I just think it'll lose a lot of impact.

Also in Act 2
When you're speaking to Naomi, before you get all tested and whatnot. When she was explaining the whole aging I remember her saying 'It's like it was a game' or on those lines. It showed a list of the MGS games then had a few more pictures underneath it saying 'Under Construction'. I just thought this was maybe a hint.

Haha! Yeah I thought that.

Guest Stefkov
It isn't confusing or anything, if you haven't played MGS3, I just think it'll lose a lot of impact.

Ah good.

Just finished Act 2

Raiden owns. I wasn't keen on im in MGS2 but in this, with his getup and ninja skills, he's awesome. Shame if he is dead dead now.

His fight with Vamp was pretty swish aswell.

Act 3 and onwards can wait till the weekend now.

Just beat Act 3, HOLY MOLY FUCKING SHIT WOOOW O_O

hehe @ the start of act 4

What Dom said! The ending for act 3 was awesome. The whole of act 4 is class though and im sure it will bring a smile to alot of peoples faces. Although...

[spoiler=]I didnt like it how I the screen split when Raiden is fighting Vamp. It was hard to see the fight when you had to keep track of the Gekko.

I agree with what Stef said earlier about wishing Metal Gear was a movie. The amount of cutscenes in this one compared to the other games seems alot higher, you cant seem to walk down a corridor without another one kicking in. It doesnt bother me though as I bought it for the story.

Im on act 5 now, anyone know how many acts I have left to go?

Guest Jordan

Last one HoT.

I just started act 2 last night, only went as far as the first building (literally) to find a guy jacking off to a Playboy. I held him up :p