N-Europe

PS3 virgin!

dazzybee

Okay, I've just bought a PS3 and wondered if there wasn't anything I needed to know about it. What can it do? Any great stuff on the store?

Any great games? I'm a guy who LOVES the Wii, so gameplay is all important. Flashy graphics are nice, but they don't mean much to me. I've got Uncharted and DMV4 though swapping that for Ratchet.

Wait so you bought a PS3 because you cared about gameplay and not flashy graphics?

Colour me confused, sounds like what you actually wanted was a 360

I dunno PSN is getting better and better all the time...although not the UK store.

I bought the PS3 because of blu ray. I already have 360!!

Plus the only non Wii game I'm TRULY excited about is littlebigplanet :)

Cheers for the suggestions guys, didn't know loco roco was on the store - downloading that immediately!!

I really want Orange Box but I heard the PS3 version was WORSE than the 360 version, can anyone elaborate?

Cheers for the suggestions guys, didn't know loco roco was on the store - downloading that immediately!!

I really want Orange Box but I heard the PS3 version was WORSE than the 360 version, can anyone elaborate?

Well if its to be believed it has an appalling frame rate that dips all the time. (It was apparently worked on between review copies and the final retail disk!) In reality there is the occasional moment in Half Life 2, where there are minor dips and their is the odd moment in Team Fortress 2...but these really are few and far between I've had plenty of games where there have been no such problems.

Get it then I'll have a friend to play with rather than just randomers! I'm starting to really get into it and get quite good at it!

I should say that LocoRoco Cocoreccho isn't like the PSP game. It has the same aesthetics, but gameplay wise it's more of a 2D Pikmin/puzzle game. It's definitely worth the measly £1.99 asking price, though.

As for The Orange Box, it is worse than the 360 version, albeit not to the degree that a lot of people would have you believe. It appears there's also a patch coming at some point, so that might even things out a bit. If you have no particular reason for wanting to get it on the PS3 — such as not wanting to buy a Live subscription or whatever — then I'd buy it for the Xbox, but you can't go too far wrong either way.

my housemate just downloaded the PSN game called Calling All Cars and it is so much fun, especially on multi-player and its only 3 or 4 quid i think.

check out the ign review

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/783/783536p1.html

yeah I keep meaning to get it is meant to be awesome. Flow is good too although a little odd...a very relaxing passive gaming experience though.

The PC version of Orange Box is the only one thats truly perfect tbh, even the 360 version suffers some issues...

Lag in TF2. Smaller game sizes. Crappy controls. The lack of proper servers.

TBH Live pretty much bores me as an online service these days. I only use it to play with my mates in co-op games + the occasional blast on Halo 3

TBH Live pretty much bores me as an online service these days. I only use it to play with my mates in co-op games + the occasional blast on Halo 3

Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to renew my gold membership. I might get a 3 month one if a game comes out that everyone is playing, otherwise I'm going to keep all my online gaming to my PS3 because its free. If they can reproduce the quality of the online in Burnout, its online is seamless, then there is no need for Live imo.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not going to renew my gold membership. I might get a 3 month one if a game comes out that everyone is playing, otherwise I'm going to keep all my online gaming to my PS3 because its free. If they can reproduce the quality of the online in Burnout, its online is seamless, then there is no need for Live imo.

I doubt i'll bother until the next big (non-PC) online game comes out. IIRC my sub is due to expire in the next few weeks and i see no point splashing out another £40...

Gonna trade CoD4 in and get it on PC