US soldiers throw puppy off a cliff

Dog-amoto

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Intensity, don't fuel board flame wars.

Infraction issued.

Damn, I've done much worse stuff than what he's been saying.

I still can't believe I haven't got one infraction yet.

Note to self: Try harder.

talk about masturbation, thats how i got mine.

Back on topic anyway. I kind of see what there doing here, if the army guy threw one of the Talliban off the cliff nobody would care really. I think its because people can defend themselves and helpless little puppies can't. Its like making a parapleagic live the rest of their life without a wheelchair, just because you have the power to do that sort of thing.

I have another theory on the reason why we don't react towards human deaths the same way we react to animal deaths:

We've gotten used to hear about people getting killed and tortured. It just doesn't touch us in the same way because we've pushed it at a distance. We know war, we know people get killed, and no matter how horrible it is, it has become impersonal to us when the war isn't raging ouside our windows.

But puppies and pets in general, that's another thing. In our minds pets have some kind of untouchable status. We do not as often hear about pets being treated badly. It's more personal to us when they are.

That's at least part of the reason in my eyes. Another part of the reason, I believe, is what martinist said about animals being helpless, contributing to the way we look at pets. Notice how we only think that way about animals we keep as pets, as they are the animals we have developed a special bond with.

Oh, and just to avoid generalising, when I say "we", I mean the people who, proud of it or not, are more touched by the puppy story than by the numerous killings and amount of torture in the war. I am sadly one of those people and I believe it to be because of the reasons mentioned above.

Video must be a fake, i can only hope really. If it was real, then that is cruel to do that to an animal even if it is already dead or worse, alive.

I did laugh at it once though, and i mean only once. Showed it to a few mates and they were laughing as well, then i showed it to a girl who nearly cried.

It's shit like this that gives people like me a bad reputation. The grand majority of American soldiers, regardless of branch, are good people. But people don't see that, they see one soldier making an ass out of himself and then people stereotype each and every one of us as baby killers or murderers. It is really a shame but the hell are you going to do?

But to me, it doesn't matter if it is a puppy, a prisoner of war, or whoever, any form of disrespect towards another life on the battlefield is immoral and should be dealt with swiftly, regardless of what country you are fighting for. He'll get what is coming to him though, in the U.S. if a soldier recieves a dishonorable discharge, he or she is completely ruined. It would be difficult to get a job at Mickey D's, let alone, anywhere else.

It's shit like this that gives people like me a bad reputation. The grand majority of American soldiers, regardless of branch, are good people.

Good people, I can't say but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Good soldiers... well that's an entire other conversation which we probably shouldn't go into.

Good people, I can't say but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Good soldiers... well that's an entire other conversation which we probably shouldn't go into.

Well, there are good soldiers in every country. The reason we end up fighting each-other is the same reason why two friends would go at it: conflicting interest. Obviously, you are always going to fight for your own. It is sad, certainly, and war should always be avoided as much as possible but things do happen. Wars are happening now, tons of them.

It is just a fact of life, sadly. Most soldiers go into the service for their own country because they care about their country and its people. Yes, there are always going to be a few idiots who think killing people "is cool" and they can't wait to join some kind of special force (which they will never make it, but again, I digress).

I've seen and talked to soldiers from all sorts of countries, since I was a kid really. I think, for that reason alone, I am thankful because I am able to really view people not through the eyes of an American, or European, or Asian but rather just as a human being,

That's me though. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with the above but that comes with life.

This thread/video is fucking ridiculous, they can kill all the Afghans and Iraqis they want, but when they throw a cute little puppy off a cliff, then we can attack them. Come on.

Bleh, it's really a shame how the media works sometimes.

I think the reason people are outraged is, its rebels and extremists killing people with suicide bombers and roadside bombs, you would think the americans would know better than to joke about killing a puppy. If they shoot a person who shot at them first then its one thing, however killing an innocent puppy is an entirely different thing.

But then they joke about killing Iraqi's all the time, suicide bombers or not.

When I had to get my RAF uniform when I forced into CCF by my school (thank god thats over), It was disgusting some of the slogans on T-shirts. They don't even try to hide it.

It's like "Kill 'em all!" with a skull and crossbones with a turban on and stuff.

Utterly disgusting.

To get Suddam Hussein out of power?

no.. it was to get his weapons of mass destruction.. which didn't excist.. later on they struggled for a new explanation.. "to free the people", "to bring peace".. ha ha.. why couldnt they just admit it from the start.. to get at the oil

anyway this so called soilder needs to be locked away and need meds and electro shock every day.. and i would gladly give it to him and post a video of it on youtube and people could discuss it's fakiness and his screams that are clearly dubbed on..

Even if it is real (it isnt its clearly fake), its a fuckin animal! I dont see people reacting the same when 100's of human beings are getting killed in Iraq, its just brushed off as another statistic.

A puppy gets thrown off the cliff top - "OMG IM GONNA BE SICK, ITS HORRIBLE - BASTARDS!"

100 people get blown up in a road side bomb - "Oh That's A Shame"

Peoples priorities are in the wrong places.

I agree with you and you are right despite the other dickheads trying to demean you, most people do have their priorities in the wrong place!

I agree with you and you are right despite the other dickheads trying to demean you, most people do have their priorities in the wrong place!

QFT

I sorry if this does give soldiers a bad re, but not from me. I think soldiers are brave for doing what they do, but I hate with every fibre in my body the fact that their job is to slaughter people.

no.. it was to get his weapons of mass destruction.. which didn't excist.. later on they struggled for a new explanation.. "to free the people", "to bring peace".. ha ha.. why couldnt they just admit it from the start.. to get at the oil

anyway this so called soilder needs to be locked away and need meds and electro shock every day.. and i would gladly give it to him and post a video of it on youtube and people could discuss it's fakiness and his screams that are clearly dubbed on..

That's the mistake people make, you don't make your money in oil in this kind of war. You make it through multiple industries participating in war production. People assume American/British politicans/corporations started this war just for the sake of oil, that is not true.

You make your money through all of the following means:

1) War time production of weapons, armor, and other forms of arsenal. This is the most common sense thing that should hit people from the get go.

2) War time production of agricultural supplies (RE: Food). This is where big money is made because you need food to supply soldiers.

3) Intelligence agencies like Delta, among others, which are used to outsource jobs from the federal government to lower costs from the internal confines. It also brings in the same results as far as tasks are concerned.

4) Outsourcing jobs that use to be done in the military by great means (laundry, cooking, other blue collar jobs) to other corporations.

5) See anything destroyed in Iraq? All of that can be repaired by the U.S. Army...or it can be outsourced to other corporations. Which has happened. That also brings in way more money than oil could alone.

I can go on forever, I can list almost ten different things used so that corporations from both countries can make serious cash out of it. We make so little off of oil right now, the amount that is being exported out of Iraq is mega small. Reason why? We're still in war, we can't produce equipment (without it being blown up anyway) that can extract it.

But even worse, lets say we can. Americans and the British profit from the fact that we can get oil and our companies are the ones extracting it, sure. But who gets the big cut of the cash for it? Iraqis. Not that it matter, they would turn around and sink it back into other corporations who just happen to come from both of our countries.

So did they move into Iraq for oil alone? Hell no, lets say political battles alone would forbid them from ever getting it. Guess what? They still made tons and tons and tons of money through services, which more than makes up the loss. And even worse? If they don't get their oil today, who is to stop them from going back in ten or twenty years from now when the political background has changed significantly? Or if certain elements like al-Queda are wiped out? See where I am going with this?

Even though I have pointed out towards the Americans and the British, they are not the only ones who are involved in this. I've yet to even touch into how media joints (A very certain Australia corporation being one of the biggest owners of them) make their money out of this. Or how about all that technology? They don't come from America alone (Hmmm...wonder if the Germens and the Japanese are behind that? Let me spoil it for you, they are).

Just about every major American ally is behind this war for money. It may be political death to support it in the public but you have to look behind the scenes. Morals are used as a banner for war, a way to make people feel good about it. And sometimes, it may be about morals that are being fought for. But no matter what, wars are profitted from and will always be profitted from and to deny that is to call yourself ignorant of the fact.

Hence why I call people stupid when they try to argue this war, it is not just America. Oh hell no, it goes way past that. Eye-opening isn't? Thing is, they'll do this again and there are going to be multiple countries, some whose hands will be moreso in the cookie jar than others, who will participate again. It might be somewhere else, sure, but it is inevitable.