NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

My level is kinda naff lol. I just played quite a good one and it made me realise how lacking in creativity I am :p Not only that but I'm still finding it difficult to do what I want in create mode. It's kind of annoying that I can't just stick stuff where I want to.

Are you talking in general or about the issue of suspending any material in the air? I think the easier method is to make a thin plane of Dark Matter and whack it in the background. After just place the material in front and hold down 'x' to stick it and hey presto.

But yeah it can be hard to get things to work exactly like you plan - I've had to compromise by level somewhat.

Are you talking in general or about the issue of suspending any material in the air? I think the easier method is to make a thin plane of Dark Matter and whack it in the background. After just place the material in front and hold down 'x' to stick it and hey presto.

But yeah it can be hard to get things to work exactly like you plan - I've had to compromise by level somewhat.

Yeah there is that, but mostly just little things I wanted to do but couldn't figure out how. I think with more practice I'll get better.

Dont worry. Playing lots of levels help you realise how others do it.

I am going to do an early version of the train robbery save stage with a christmas theme. Probably will have the Grinch...

The original idea is quite complex and i am trying to finish other games so i can seel them or rent other stuff before christmas.

Level creation pack announcement.

Chrostmas special pack for only £2.99

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/16/littlebigplanet-introduces-“level-packs”-ps-store-121808/

Includes costumes as well.

3113930406_fd78206cf9.jpg?v=0

3113930380_401c998028.jpg?v=0

I hope it's cheap as it's not going to last more than five minutes. The levels are very short in general and the costumes look brill but everyone will be wearing them, probably.

Then again, they charged a bucket for the 1st week T-shirts, so we can probably expect more of the same here.

I hope it's cheap as it's not going to last more than five minutes. The levels are very short in general and the costumes look brill but everyone will be wearing them, probably.

Then again, they charged a bucket for the 1st week T-shirts, so we can probably expect more of the same here.

level kit is just parts. Not a story. Story packs are next year. I am pretty sure.

Cant wait because Metal Gear parts would help some of my upcoming levels.

What does the new patch do?

It adds some new trophies. Try comparing your trophies with another LBP player for example and you will see some secret MGS surprises ;)

I'm running out of ideas for my level lol. It's a bit short, but I might just decorate it a little and then publish it and let people give suggestions on how I could improve it.

I'm running out of ideas for my level lol. It's a bit short, but I might just decorate it a little and then publish it and let people give suggestions on how I could improve it.

Yes make a test version. :smile: I am holding back my level for the MGS pack. Got some neat ideas now for shooting people on the train. :smile:

2vlqmw6.jpg

Here is a video of a cool looking level.

http://vimeo.com/2465523

:(

I want young Snake face. Anyone know if there'll be a young Snake outfit?

Take the Moustache off? and colour his hair? Seems doable. :smile:

919qx3.gif

1dyex0.jpg

w1vif5.jpg

24qip3b.jpg

242vipj.jpg

2n00y2u.jpg

j9cait.jpg

2eduzgw.jpg

Patch Notes:

Patch 1.06

Moderation

Good news on this front - The latest update (1.06) brings in some much requested changes to LBP’s moderation system. While the rules of what is and is not acceptable content for people to share have not changed, we have listened to your feedback and have made the following changes :

Moderated levels will now receive more better information about the reason regarding this action having happened.

The notification message will remain in place on screen, removing the chance that affected users miss the message.

Any moderated level can now be accessed for editing by the creator, whether on or offline.

Additional information is now displayed on the Good Grief screen advising users on how the grief reporting functions, and warns against making spurious reports

These changes, coupled with additional work behind the scenes should alleviate most of the issues that creators have experienced with the moderation system, and there is more to come in the new year. While the number of levels that have been moderated is less than 0.1% of the number that have been created and shared overall, we recognize that better communication is essential and we’ll continue to improve the system in response to your feedback.

An explanation of what constitutes unacceptable content to be shared can be found in the game’s End User License Agreement (EULA) which may be read at any time via the Settings menu in the game, however we recommend you follow these general guidelines :

Ensure that the content you share with other users is suitable for all ages - everybody has access to your level if you publish it.

Please respect other people’s intellectual property rights. For example, don’t use images, brands or logos that you’re not entitled to use.

If you come across any content that you feel the need to report, then please do it responsibly. Hoax reports will be considered inappropriate behavior.

Patch 1.07

New Search Modes:

Huge update on this end. We’re introducing more ways to find interesting levels! Not only can you search by the ‘most hearted’, but with the new ratings, you can also find the ‘highest rated’ as well as the ‘busiest’ levels online. So your input when playing other peoples levels will be even more important, so help us, make these search categories a great destination for the community. So “heart” away to those who deserve them, keep awarding those stars and keep commenting to help make peoples levels better. Also, keep in mind that this is just one update to improve the SHARE experience, and there will be more in the future.

“Wheel of Death” bug = FIXED:

The dreadful issue with speeding motorbolts and flinging Sackboys has been looked at, analyzed and corrected. So fling away!!!

In-game store:

Now you can browse and download costumes, level packs, etc, directly from the Pod. Check out the latest costumes and packs on the store and revisit all of your purchases.

Improved peripheral support:

USB keyboards now work and there is broader support for 3rd party controls.

Details, details, details:

Fixed stretchy Sackboy arms animation

Improved the corner editing tool

Tweaked some Sackboy animations

Adjusted Sackboy Slap sensitivities - so less accidental slaps

Fixed lights (object) to permanently remember color change

Improved online multiplayer level selection

Ability to save you level to a different slot on the moon while mid-edit

General server improvements

Misc visual fixes

I have actually gotten back into this and am trying to complete the story mode. Up to The Collectors level stuck in the bunker where there is this massive wheel can get quite close to the bottom but not all the way through it.

I have actually gotten back into this and am trying to complete the story mode. Up to The Collectors level stuck in the bunker where there is this massive wheel can get quite close to the bottom but not all the way through it.

Yeah man, those collector levels are pretty sodding irritating.

I'll just add a little bit more to my level probably on Monday, then I'm gonna make a copy and put up a test for some people to try. If you all think it's crap then I'm gonna stop trying :p

I think it's not too bad for a first try though. Not a patch on a lot of the levels out there. Seems to be a lot easier to find the decent stuff now on the menu. A lot of 4 star levels on that 'Cool Level's' page. Before there was a load of crap on there.

Yeah man, those collector levels are pretty sodding irritating.

I'll just add a little bit more to my level probably on Monday, then I'm gonna make a copy and put up a test for some people to try. If you all think it's crap then I'm gonna stop trying :p

I think it's not too bad for a first try though. Not a patch on a lot of the levels out there. Seems to be a lot easier to find the decent stuff now on the menu. A lot of 4 star levels on that 'Cool Level's' page. Before there was a load of crap on there.

Yeah I put pouring hours into creating on the back burner when I realised I wasn't all that good at it..Gonna try and get back into it though.

Been loving playing some of the user generated levels. Played a gorgeous Spirited Away level, mostly a music level, gorgeous all the same. It is on my hearted if anyone wants to check it out.

Yes i recommend searching by rating in the new patch if you want to be in gaming nirvana.

The wheel bit was easy. Make sure you dont run too far ahead or you have gravity and speed acting aginst you. Brilliant levels though. :smile: I even aced the whole game.

Is it just me or the user created levels have improved in quality dramatically?

Is it just me or the user created levels have improved in quality dramatically?

They might have done, but it might just be that levels that are actually cool are in the cool levels page now. I will be publishing my level at some point this week. I've got no time all week, with work for 3 days, and being with my girlfriend, and I've got World of Goo and Prince of Persia to play at some point.

It's still too short, but I don't know what else to do in it. I'm gonna add another little bit in there then stick my score board in there, and publish it.

Just played a dead space level by bears something. Best thing I have ever seen, be sure to check it out really, its amazing.

Its in my hearted levels if you wanna look for it that way.

Just played a dead space level by bears something. Best thing I have ever seen, be sure to check it out really, its amazing.

Its in my hearted levels if you wanna look for it that way.

I played a Dead Space level too. I think it's the only one I've seen that was rated 5 stars. Was seriously cool. The amount of time taken to make that must be epic.

Okay, so I'm getting this game for Christmas. Is the playability really good or is it really about the style and design of the levels and characters?