NEurope
Daft

LittleBigPlanet Thread

Well my levels up, I aint no shigsy so its not the best design, or original. If you have go let me know what you think, good or bad, I am all grown up now so I can take criticism.

Its slightly like a Zelda game - hit this switch, open that gate, push block onto pressure pad ect...

How do I find it? Name?

In case you lot don't know - the little big planet beta is just under 1GB. The retail version will be around 40GB on the Blu Ray. Thats a hell of a lot more stuff for us to play with - cant wait. You think it's good right now - we ain't seen nothing yet!

Hey, just think how awesome our first experience will be with the full game eh? Not long!

I can only see it's out on the 22nd of October...which is a wednesday. Can't be right surely. Should be the 24th perhaps? Which means it's out two weeks on Friday. AWESOME-O!

*sigh* i was out at an assessment centre for a possible new job, didn't get in till just now. Oh well, no beta for me.

Mike I cant be bothered to set up my PS3 so I will send you my beta code via PM.

Mike I cant be bothered to set up my PS3 so I will send you my beta code via PM.

Wow, cool, thanks mate!

I'm downloading it now. Now i can see what all this talk is about. :)

How do I find it? Name?

When you are in the cardboard box thing at the start, go to the left hand planet and click on 'my friends' find me (Matt_RN) then i think you press square to veiw my uploaded levels.

Honestly i cant Wait!!!

Check these out:

lbppso6.jpg

Boss battle

Quaz51 on neogaf made a calculator:

LBPcomputer2.jpg

i make an "electronic" 8bit calculator (not "mechanical" calculator). it can do Add and Sub. this calculator use:

650 magnetic switches

550 Wires

470 pistons

level name: Little Big Computer

PSN: upsilandre

I am just speechless. Just speechless!

Well my levels up, I aint no shigsy so its not the best design, or original. If you have go let me know what you think, good or bad, I am all grown up now so I can take criticism.

Its slightly like a Zelda game - hit this switch, open that gate, push block onto pressure pad ect...

Well played the level with you and was pretty awesome, has inspired me for a level of my own. Going to nick a few ideas. We had quite a good session there was a bit laggy at first but things improved. We also played my craptastic story! It's so rough it unbelievable but it took me hours to do! I think the next step for me is to work out all this mechanical stuff I have watched the tutorials but need to put it into practice.

Honestly i cant Wait!!!

Check these out:

lbppso6.jpg

Boss battle

Quaz51 on neogaf made a calculator:

LBPcomputer2.jpg

I am just speechless. Just speechless!

Incredible. Whilst I'm struggling to make a motor work properly to open and door people are creating wonders like this! amazing! I don't even get how a calculator can work but it does.

Surely Media Molecule can't afford to just dump all this stuff in a waste land? Surely it should all stay there for the real game. I have heard rumblings a lot of levels that were there on day onee/two are in fact from the closed beta, so why not stretch out this stuff to the retail release? I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard. I'd like to think creations are tied to your PSN account as it's all server side so it should be straight forward. There are simply too many gems that can't be lost.

For me my top 3 favourite levels I have played are;

World of Colour

Takeshi's Castle

Houston we have a Problem

All very different but all fantastic.

World of colour is fabulous. Some people seem to have so many different backgrounds/stickers etc that I feel like I'm missing out. I haven't got individual letters as stickers (Like NASA guy has in space level). Wonder where they are.

I like how you can access any tutorial at any time, which really does help if you can't remember how to do things. But some of those levels will make me think "sod it!" lol.

World of colour is fabulous. Some people seem to have so many different backgrounds/stickers etc that I feel like I'm missing out. I haven't got individual letters as stickers (Like NASA guy has in space level). Wonder where they are.

I like how you can access any tutorial at any time, which really does help if you can't remember how to do things. But some of those levels will make me think "sod it!" lol.

Yeah I have only acquired 5 letters of the alphabet so far sure more will appear.

I played that calculater level last night, it is incredible. I know the theory behind it, having done a bit of electronics on a course. But applying that to a created level is genius. Must have took him ages to place all the on/off swiches and connect them up in such a way to make a calculator.:bowdown:

I played that calculater level last night, it is incredible. I know the theory behind it, having done a bit of electronics on a course. But applying that to a created level is genius. Must have took him ages to place all the on/off swiches and connect them up in such a way to make a calculator.:bowdown:

So its all based on actual electronics? the thing that fascinates me is how the heck does it know which numbers are in each box, I'm guessing its more to do with how many times the switch is used? Incredible...anyway, I'm sat at work on a free period sketching little big planet level ideas...I think it has got its way into my head.

So its all based on actual electronics? the thing that fascinates me is how the heck does it know which numbers are in each box, I'm guessing its more to do with how many times the switch is used? Incredible...anyway, I'm sat at work on a free period sketching little big planet level ideas...I think it has got its way into my head.

Yeah, electronics in its most basic form is on/off or up/down or 1/0. Using on/off switches to create things called AND/NAND/XOR/OR gates, These gates can then be used to create simple counting circuits or in this case, a calculator.

I know what you mean about it getting into your head, I was laid awake last night conjuring up ideas for levels in my head. This game has got its hooks into me.

EDIT: Look......I even changed my Avatar lol.

Yeah, electronics in its most basic form is on/off or up/down or 1/0. Using on/off switches to create things called AND/NAND/XOR/OR gates, These gates can then be used to create simple counting circuits or in this case, a calculator.

I know what you mean about it getting into your head, I was laid awake last night conjuring up ideas for levels in my head. This game has got its hooks into me.

EDIT: Look......I even changed my Avatar lol.

I feel some flaming sackboy avatar love coming on...

Hopefully they dont just censor stuff though. But I can see lawyers rubbing their greedy hands...

Hopefully they dont just censor stuff though. But I can see lawyers rubbing their greedy hands...

Well I went to check...I wasn't going to play it as had already seen it in that movie, I wanted to see how many plays it had and whether it had been hearted...if you type 911 in now, there is a educational memorial 911 level and not a lot else...so they got censored...

Well I went to check...I wasn't going to play it as had already seen it in that movie, I wanted to see how many plays it had and whether it had been hearted...if you type 911 in now, there is a educational memorial 911 level instead...

Well this is a new thing for console gaming so lets see how it goes. I am not a fan of censorship though.

Okay, don't beat around the bush, stop being vague guys. Do you think this game is good or not?

Well this is a new thing for console gaming so lets see how it goes. I am not a fan of censorship though.

hmmm...I guess vulgarity has to be censored owing to it not being rated as such. Stuff that is in say bad taste is a bit harder to say whether it should as no matter how horrifying people will find such things there are people out there who will find it entertaining...