Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2008

MadDog

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hoping Singapore wont be a disappointment like Valencia, but its a night race so it should be full of action :)
Singapore does look a lot more promising and being the first night race will make it special anyways. I think it will be quite a lot like Australia with limited overtaking opportunities. But nothing can be worse than Valencia which failed on ALL fronts!

What a bloody awesome race that was!!!

Never quite seen an end like that before, they'd have been better pushing the cars round themselves. My nerves were shot to pieces, thankfully Hamilton pulled it off.

Absolutely awesome race.

That was simply extraordinary. Just extraordinary. You have to feel heartbroken for Kimi - that spin has surely ended his championship. There's no denying though that Lewis truly demonstrated his quality in the final three laps. He definitly earned that one.

Hmm looking back on a replay of Lewis overtaking Kimi, it's a completely illegal move. The rules state that (as far as i'm aware), if you can't cut a chicane to gain an advantage AND that if you overtake another driver, you must let them overtake you and can't make another move until the end of the next corner...

And Lewis overtook him before the corner. What's worse is the manner Lewis let kimi through, he pretty much got his slip stream and was certain to get a good line through the corner...I wonder if he'll get punished?

Edit: Just seen Hamilton's punishment and tbh it seems quite fair. I'm quite disappointed by ITV actually; they didn't even mention that it was an illegal move (i had to watch a replay).

Oh, and to whoever said it, it has NOTHING to do with the FIA, it's completely down to the race stewards. Say what you want about the FIA being biased towards Ferrari but the race stewards aren't at all. Hamilton got what he deserved and if you watched the press conference you can tell he knew he made a mistake.

This is why I love Spa.

Shame Hamilton didn't crash though. For the Championship's sake.

Edit: WAIT. That's pretty tough, great for the Championship though. Such a shame Alonso didn't get himself a well deserved podium finish.

But Massa clearly did something illegal in Valencia, and all he got was a paltry fine. I'm not suggesting they're biased, but they have got to be more consistent in the application of penalties.

Actually Massa didn't do anything illegal, it was the teams fault. The punishment was stupid; Ferrari should have got fined and NOT Massa, especially considering over the last year there have been some similar meetings in the pit lane.

Todays decision was completely 100% fair. LOL at all the people on F1 forums going 'THIS IS A DISGRACE' and 'FERRARI CHEAT AGAIN'...They are obviously forgetting that Lewis has done this before and the whole spygate issue.

At the time I thought he was asking for trouble overtaking Kimi on the next corner. He clearly slip streamed him. At the same time Kimi got a massive advantage when he ran wide and overtook Hamilton before he crashed out so no doubt he would have been penalised as well if he had finished the race. If I was Massa i'd be pretty embarrassed, he wasn't really in the races at all today and came away with the win somehow.

You cant really compare the Massa incident of Valencia to this though, while what Massa did was clearly against the rules he didn't gain any real benefit from it so to strip him of the win would have been harsh to the extreme. I was expecting him to be demoted 10 places from qualifying for Spa however.

Also Glock got a 25 second penalty for overtaking in yellow flags so Webber gets 8th and 1 point instead of him.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!