NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

Also the man I support Rubens Barrichello will have a record breaking Formula 1 career when competing. I hope he can get some points.
Looking forward to seeing his cars livery and helmet design this weekend, both of which will pay tribute to his awesome 257 achievement!

As long as the Earth Car livery designers stay away from it that is! lol!

Nice feature on Rubens here:

http://www.itv-f1.com/Feature.aspx?Type=Mark_Hughes&id=42511

I completely agree that were it not for Michael he could very easily have been a World Champion. Both he and Coulthard are probably two of the best drivers never to win the championship.

I completely agree that were it not for Michael he could very easily have been a World Champion. Both he and Coulthard are probably two of the best drivers never to win the championship.
Agreed! It's a nice insightful read that article.

Also [until reading that] I had completely forgotten that he used to do this walking to the podium:

Classic slapstick Rubens!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone watching the Live Practice:

http://www.itv-f1.com/VideoLive.aspx

There's a lot of spinning and sliding going on out there!

Codemasters have just secured the F1 license. Fuck yes.

Codemasters secures Formula One video game rights

Codemasters, developer and publisher of award-winning racing video games, has secured the exclusive video game rights to FORMULA 1™ it was announced on Friday. In a worldwide licensing agreement with Formula One Administration Limited, Codemasters will develop a new generation of the multi-million selling Formula One game franchise across multiple platforms.

Codemasters Studios, creators of genre-leading racing titles Colin McRae: DiRT™ and Race Driver: GRID™, will lead the design and development of official FIA Formula One World Championship games for home console, handheld and PC gaming formats.

“Formula One is ambitious in expanding its reach with more circuits planned beyond recent additions in the Middle East and China. It is also ambitious in expanding its reach via technology. The digital communities that computer and video gaming creates will play a key role in further growing the Formula One audience and connecting them globally,” said Rod Cousens, chief executive officer, Codemasters.

“As a world-leading creator of driving games, this alliance with Formula One is the jewel in Codemasters’ racing crown and creates an undisputed segment champion. Formula One has gone with the best, the segment leader. It has gone to the home of the EGO Engine for quality; it has gone to the company that can host Formula One Online, to the company that is streaking away from the pack.”

“Codemasters’ success and recent innovations in the racing game space makes the company more than appropriately tuned for the challenge,” said Chris Deering, chairman, Codemasters. “The combination of Formula One’s new momentum of expansion and Codemasters’ contemporary technology and past experience is the breaking of a new dawn for the sport, on the track and on the HD game screen.”

The worldwide deal provides Codemasters with rights to feature all Grand Prix circuits, Formula One teams, cars, and driver likenesses.

The FIA Formula One World Championship games will be developed using the evolution of the award-winning EGO™ Game Technology Engine, Codemasters’ highly versatile cross-platform middleware technology. Its advanced graphics and physics technology brings an unmatched cinematic quality and realism to interactive entertainment.

The EGO Engine is currently being deployed in the creation of Race Driver: GRID™, the latest in Codemasters Studio’s international circuit-based racing series. Set to be a landmark release when it launches on May 30, Race Driver: GRID was recently hailed as ‘The driving game of the summer’ by BBC Top Gear magazine.

Codemasters expects the first game based on the FIA Formula One World Championship to launch in 2009.

Oh fuck yes.

this is excellent news. i have been waiting for a Wii F1 game for so long. now my time has come.

The online potential is awesome too.

Codemasters have just secured the F1 license. Fuck yes.

Oh fuck yes.

Fucking Hell Yeah!!

This is going to look [and play!] bloody gorgeous!!

Can also confirm the UK boxart....... [rushes something quick together]:

f109ic8.jpg

Yeah, I'd start getting used to the idea if I were you. :heh:

I haven't played an F1 game since the 98 version on the N64. Now it will be out on the Wii I guess I'll get the new one (Provided nothing worthwhile comes out on the Wii then.)

It's good to see the championship being a 3 horse race for the first time in the constructors championship for many years.

Check out the results of Friday practice:

Practice 1: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2008/791/6504/

Practice 2: http://www.formula1.com/results/season/2008/791/6505/

One last thing. While going through some of Rubens past triumphs and such I came across the dark weekend in Imola in 1994 where we lost Ratzenburg, the great Ayrton Senna and almost Barrichello:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=CKWZZCwSJCU

Is it going to be on Nintendo Wii?

I really hope so (starts praying)

Quality race so far. Hamilton's done immense although he was incredibly lucky with his pitstops, having to go in early.

Shame the safety car is out at the moment which ruined all of Hamilton's hard work.

Way to fuck it up raikonnen *sigh* I REALLY hope it doesn't cost Sutil some points :(

Oh fuck it. Sutil :( NOOOOOOO! Poor force india they were gonna get a fair few points.

I feel so sorry for Sutil, he deserved his p4 today. So frustrating!

Good race though.

Gutted for Sutil, absolutely gutted, worst of all Raikonen managed to keep going but at least he went pointless.

Rubeans got 6th cause of it so I'm pretty chuffed with that. Also way to go Hamilton, knock Raikonen from the top.

It's good to see that Hamilton hasn't let the fame and money get to his head though. I mean it's not like he's went and got himself some thick as shit model girlfriend.

Oh, wait...

It's good to see that Hamilton hasn't let the fame and money get to his head though. I mean it's not like he's went and got himself some thick as shit model girlfriend.

Oh, wait...

She's the ex-lead singer from the Pussycat Dolls, and couldn't have come across as any more dappy on the grid if she'd tried!

Feel sorry for Sutil, but the whole event was brought about by Ferrari not putting Kimi's tyres on in time at the start of the race [thus putting him out of position playing catch-up], how the fuck could they let that happen!

Can someone explain how Hamilton went from 4th to 1st. I was watching the grand prix, I saw Massa get overtaken by Kubica. Then I fell asleep and next thing I know the national anthem is playing. Was a really exciting race, can't believe I fell asleep.

Quality race. Championship's really tight now, just 6 points between the top four. Great win for Hamilton, even if he did get a bit lukcy, but heartbreak for Sutil. He looked like he was in tears when they showed him in the garage :(