NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

Excellent race it was. Shame about Sutil though, he did excellent.

Here's something interesting. It's a little flash cartoon shown as part of the Spanish F1 coverage before each race, naturally starring their hero Alonso. It's pretty funky and quite artsy, really very Spanish.

This one is probably my fav episode so far, I just love the visual gags in this one.

Anyone else watching the grand prix?

Well done hamilton, forgetting to brake and all. Poor kimi :(

Heidfeld ftw!

Anyone else watching the grand prix?

Well done hamilton, forgetting to brake and all. Poor kimi :(

Heidfeld ftw!

I just got home from work when that happened. Now, I support Hamilton but I couldn't help but laugh at him when he did it, at least he took out Kimi at the same time though! :heh:

Way to go BMW. Also big hand to Coulthard, he needed that 3rd.

Sorta thought Rubeans could have gotten a better result had he not made that mistake to let the Toyota's through, but great that he led for a few laps.

Go Kubica! I've been a fan of him since he came into F1 and started to impress, he's really deserved the win. So has the whole BMW team, though you could tell Heidfeld was so disappointed with not getting the win.

Also, it's strange to hear the German national anthem not being immediately followed by the Italian one :smile:

And good to see DC back up on the podium too!

It really should have been Hamilton who won that race. But not taking anything away from Kubica, he drove superbly.

Anything can happen, and it usually does. I often suspect Murray Walker made more sense then we gave him credit for.

Hamilton obviously missed the page on traffic lights in his drivers theory handbook!

The bloody idiot!

gonna guess that Hamilton will get a position penalty for the next Grand Prix after that

Hamilton obviously missed the page on traffic lights in his drivers theory handbook!

The bloody idiot!

If he drove into Kubica, Kimi would have one and if he drove into Kimi Kubica would've one...spoilt for choice really!

God, i swear James Allen must have been close to suicide when it happened lol. Well done to Coulthard and Rubens..those oldies seem to always sneak up in races like these.

Actually it's Hamiltons fault, he should have known to expect the red light to be on.

Actually it's Hamiltons fault, he should have known to expect the red light to be on.

Yeah I know but the pit crew should of told him.

Yeah I know but the pit crew should of told him.
Hamilton knew about the red light, he just didn't concentrate,

http://www.itv-f1.com/home.aspx

Lewis insisted he had seen the stop light and had just been unable to slow down in time.

“I saw the red light, but by the time I had to stop and I saw the red light it was too late.”

“I apologised to Kimi and if I’ve ruined his race, but that sort of thing happens.”

Ron Dennis confirmed to me that the team told Lewis to watch out for the pit lane exit light being red, but his mind was on the fact that a slow stop had meant both Raikkonen and Kubica had got in front of him and he was set to rejoin third.

Your on a 60mph rev limiter! knowing you have to stop at the end of the pitlane for the light! How do you fail to slow down in time!

And what does he mean "if, I've ruined his race", the idiot!

Lewis and Rosberg are lucky with a 10 place grid penalty, seeing as Massa [in 2007] and Montoya [in 2006] were both blacked flagged and disqualified from the Montreal race, having run the same red light! Lewis and Rosberg would have done the same had they bot collided.

Hamilton knew about the red light, he just didn't concentrate,

Your on a 60mph rev limiter! knowing you have to stop at the end of the pitlane for the light! How do you fail to slow down in time!

And what does he mean "if, I've ruined his race", the idiot!

Lewis and Rosberg are lucky with a 10 place grid penalty, seeing as Massa [in 2007] and Montoya [in 2006] were both blacked flagged and disqualified from the Montreal race, having run the same red light! Lewis and Rosberg would have done the same had they bot collided.

Is it a 10 second penalty or is it 10th Place grid penalty?

Is it a 10 second penalty or is it 10th Place grid penalty?
Whatever position Hamilton and Rosberg qualify in, they will have to move 10 places back from there, e.g. 1st > 11th, 4 > 14th etc...

Whatever position Hamilton and Rosberg qualify in, they will have to move 10 places back from there, e.g. 1st > 11th, 4 > 14th etc...

So if he is 1st then he be 11th could he still win the race if he gets 11th Grid?

So if he is 1st then he be 11th could he still win the race if he gets 11th Grid?
Probably not. Ferrari are strong in France!

He would be helped by the fact that qualifying 11th means you are the first of the cars that can choose what amount of fuel they want to put in their car [the first 10 cars on the grid have to start the race with the amount of fuel they finish qualifying with].

So Hamilton would be able to setup a strategy that might help his race, maybe putting a fair amount of fuel in and running a long first stint.

However, I would expect a McLaren to be able to make up around 4/5 places off the line and on the first lap, but if he chooses quite a heavy fuel load there would be less chance of that.

Ferrari had a 1, 2 finish in France last year, and that will probably happen again this year!

I dont understand why Rosberg got a penalty :S

He couldnt help it really and he didn't affect anyones race?

The grid penalties do strike me as a tad harsh, unless so someone can prove Sutil slipped Lewis and Rosberg a fiver before the race, just to make sure.

PlanetF1.com has some interesting conclusions, a few good points worth reading in there.

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3265_3668390,00.html

Ferrari had a 1, 2 finish in France last year, and that will probably happen again this year!

I wouldn't hedge your bets mind, the form book seems to have somewhat deceased in the value over the last couple of seasons.