NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

I wouldn't hedge your bets mind, the form book seems to have somewhat deceased in the value over the last couple of seasons.
I don't really understand what you mean by that? Are you saying Ferrari won't neccessarily be strong in France?

The Ferrari loves high speed circuits, such as Magny Cour and Silverstone.

He would be helped by the fact that qualifying 11th means you are the first of the cars that can choose what amount of fuel they want to put in their car [the first 10 cars on the grid have to start the race with the amount of fuel they finish qualifying with].

So Hamilton would be able to setup a strategy that might help his race, maybe putting a fair amount of fuel in and running a long first stint.

That won't be the case for Hamilton. It's not the first 10 cars on the grid that have to keep their fuel after qualifying, it's the 10 cars eligible to take part in Q3.

To be fair he's one of the fastest starters and will probably make up most of his drop straight off the startline.

it's the 10 cars eligible to take part in Q3.
Oh yeah your right, it's not gonna apply to Hamilton in this case.

If wouldn't of been much of a penalty otherwise!

I don't really understand what you mean by that? Are you saying Ferrari won't neccessarily be strong in France?

The Ferrari loves high speed circuits, such as Magny Cour and Silverstone.

I'm just saying that if you told me a couple of years ago that a polish man driving a Sauber would win in Canada and lead the championship, that a rookie lost the previous season by one point and that the entire sport was threatening to split in two due to a (and I quote) "Masochistic Nazi Sex Orgy With 5 Hookers" I'd have probably laughed in your face. For ten minutes. And then bought some hookers.

I'm just saying that if you told me a couple of years ago that a polish man driving a Sauber would win in Canada and lead the championship, that a rookie lost the previous season by one point and that the entire sport was threatening to split in two due to a (and I quote) "Masochistic Nazi Sex Orgy With 5 Hookers" I'd have probably laughed in your face. For ten minutes. And then bought some hookers.
lol, yeah alots gone on!

To be fair he's one of the fastest starters and will probably make up most of his drop straight off the startline.

I doubt that to be honest. Maybe 2 places but anything above that is highly unlikely.

2570898194_b1e3196211_o.jpg

Penalty 'harsh', rules 'silly' - Hamilton

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080610140621.shtml

Rosberg says crash penalties justified

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080610154616.shtml

I'm actually despising Hamilton!

Hold your hands up and accept you made a mistake you moron! He's yet to apologise for the crash, instead just acts like an arogant pr*ck all race weekend and now he's crying over his punishment!

He doesn't seem to have realised that even if he hadn't of hit Raikkonen he still would have been disqualified from the race for running the red light, so there's no way he would of won the race anyway!

Hat's off to Rosberg for acting like a professional, despite Hamilton actually leading him into that accident!

That's definitely a possibility. I reckon Hamilton could get a pretty decent result in France on the right strategy. The problem is of course getting past the midfielders on a track that's difficult to overtake on. Run a one stop and overtake them in the pit stops perhaps? Or go light and see what he can do in an opening stint?

He better hope not to end up behind Rubeans. He is an infamous midfielder difficult to overtake.

Also that article posted earlier also made a valid point at Raikonen blocking the run off exit. Had Raikonen just gone behind Kubica, Raikonen could have still raced and won. Yellow flag denied the overtaking chance out of the pit lane.

A few photo's that I took at the Silverstone Test this week:

kimi1mp7.jpg

hamilton0us7.jpg

nakajima6jn7.jpg

pitsferrari1de6.jpg

pitsgrid2jb3.jpg

driverkimivj2.jpgdrivermassa1oq0.jpg

driverheikki6zq2.jpgcopyofdrivernico2bo0.jpg

copyofdriverluizzi1qt7.jpgcopyofdrivertrulli2dz1.jpg

copyofpaddocksteveriderjl3.jpgcopyofpaddockmartinbrunbu6.jpg

Also saw but didn't photograph: Lewis, Kubica, Piquet and Nakajima.

I really rooting for Kovalainen from now on.

I think hes a great driver, who can match Hamilton, and without the pathetic attitude. I really want him to get a podium/win soon :)

Retro those are some AWESOME pictures :)

I'm going Silverstone next year for the race..you should come and we could meet up :)

Who wants to see a blond and clearly drunk man believed to be Kimi Raikkonen falling off a yacht?

Retro those are some AWESOME pictures :)

I'm going Silverstone next year for the race..you should come and we could meet up :)

Cheers Goron!

and I'll probably go to the race next year so yeah sure!

You should think about going to the Silverstone tests aswell because it's cheap [used to be free, but thats Hamania for you!] and you get to see 7 hours of track time each day!

How cheap are the tests?

I'd bloody love to go to the race but can't forsee myself being able to afford it next year, masters are expensive! doh. Though by 2010 my man Jenson might actually be able to get into the top 8!

How cheap are the tests?

I'd bloody love to go to the race but can't forsee myself being able to afford it next year, masters are expensive! doh. Though by 2010 my man Jenson might actually be able to get into the top 8!

Testing was £12 a day this year, or £30 for a three day pass.

How cheap are the tests?

He's done that Already this season you know, 6th in Spain.

Coulthard is retiring. :(

David Coulthard will bring his 14-year Formula One driving career to a close at the end of the season.

The 37-year-old Scot, who won 13 races, made his announcement on the eve of Sunday's British Grand at Silverstone, which will be his 237th Grand Prix.

Coulthard drove for Williams and McLaren and is now at Red Bull Racing, where he will continue as a consultant.

"My decision was taken earlier this year and is based on a desire to stop while I am still competitive," he said.

"I'm still enjoying the immense challenge that Grand Prix driving represents. I also have the desire to look for new challenges within the sport.

"I will remain actively involved in the sport as a consultant to Red Bull, focusing on testing and development of the cars.

"I have an open mind if I will compete again in the future, in some other form of motorsport, so I am definitely not hanging up my helmet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/drivers/7487186.stm

Man, I suppose we were expecting it soon but it is the end of an era. Barrichello is the last of the old guard now. I grew up with Coulthard's career, right from when he partnered Hill in 94 after Senna. Best chin in the sport too.

Coulthard is retiring. :(

Best chin in the sport too.

The resemblance to Kryton is uncanny!

Rumour was that he was gonna become part of the BBC comentary team, but with his talk of continued testing and development with Red Bull, maybe he wouldn't have time. Him and Brundle would make a good commentary pairing.

I think he will be missed somewhat.

And you've gotta predict Vettel will be taking up that seat next year.

With this retirement you can't help but think Rubeans will follow suit within the next few years.

No more Silverstone after 09.

British GP will move to Donington

The British Grand Prix will move from Silverstone to Donington in Derbyshire from 2010 in a 10-year deal.

Silverstone, which had hosted the race since 1987, is owned by the British Racing Drivers' Club, who had been in talks to secure a new deal.

"We wanted a world class venue for F1, something teams and fans could be proud of," said F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

"Donington's development plans will give us exactly that, a venue to put British motorsport back on the map."

Ecclestone said he was disappointed that the government had not intervened to help Silverstone, which is in Northamptonshire, retain the race.

"I am sorry that we could not have helped Silverstone to raise the money to carry out the circuit improvements and run F1," he said.

"I believe that the government should have supported them, which would have cost probably less than .002% of the government's commitment for the Olympic Games."

Max Mosley, the president of international motorsport's governing body the FIA, said he was glad that the future of the race had been secured.

"After many years of patient but fruitless negotiation with the BRDC, we are delighted that Bernie has nevertheless been able to ensure that the British Grand Prix will keep its place on the F1 calendar," he said.

It's a huge blow to Silverstone but at least it's very good news for British fans whose race will still be on the calendar a year after the contract finishes

"We understand that the development programme planned for Donington will achieve the very high standards we expect from a modern F1 circuit.

"Finally, British fans will get the venue they deserve."

I have mixed feelings about this. I suppose we can't complain because we still have a Brit GP but Silverstone is one of the best circuits in the calender and has so much history. Also I'll bet my teeth this has at least as much to do with coughing cash up front for the privilege as it does providing the facilities.

Isn't Donington in worse shape than Silverstone? For one the track must be too short, surely an F1 car could get round in less than a minute. I'm betting the off-track stuff isn't as good either, so wouldn't it be cheaper just to keep it at Silverstone? I'm a bit baffled at this.

Also wouldn't Brands Hatch be a better alternative?