NEurope
MadDog

Formula 1 2008

The reason Valencia was crap (Apart from the lack of overtaking) was that the track looked so generic, it just didn't fit together right.

And Abu Dhabi doesn't look like a street circuit :(

And Abu Dhabi doesn't look like a street circuit :(
Are you saying you want another street circuit?

Just from that video [which doesn't really show where the circuit goes], Abu Dhabi looks potentially like another Valencia!

I would like another Good street circuit, im sure everybody does :heh:

Just not another Valencia :(

Personally I don't want any more street circuits.

We've already got Monaco, 'Melbourne', Valencia and Singapore.

According to the official website the Abu Dhabi circuit is called the Yas Marina Circuit, so it indeed seems like we'll be racing harbourside YET AGAIN!

I think it would have to be a really good street circuit for me to like it. Im getting bored of street races :(

I think its just gone to far with the street circuits

F*ck f*ck f*ck!!

Canada not expecting race reprieve

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44181

I initially thought it was just an '09 drop, but the way Canada are talking in that article, sounds like it could be gone for good!!

I really don't like the way F1 is going and I can actually see some sort of fan backlash coming about soon because I think a very large majority of F1 fans feel the same.

We give F1 its viewing figures and make it a success, so I believe we should have a say in where they race! I wan't to enjoy every race; not have races like Valencia that I have to sit through as a fan of the sport but don't really enjoy!

I'm honestly thinking about starting some sort of petition myself! I have no idea how to go about it, or how it get it out to the masses, but I bet it would get ALOT of signatures!

Bernie don't care about signatures. Bernie cares about getting the cash up front.

What the fuck, Montreal is one of the best tracks. I actually went there yesterday, standing on the start finish line was amazing. It's such a pretty place as well round one of the islands in the river. It's pretty cool you can just turn up and walk or bike round the track when its not in use. The new track will blatantly be shit, I hope Montreal comes back eventually but I'm not convinced it will.

Abu Dhabi should be fine, from what i've seen there are a lot of straights which means faster cars can get closer to those infront of them.

F1 is my favourite sport but even i'll admit some things about it annoy me tremendously. Street races are one example, i can't stand them.

Who's watching Fuji live? I will be, t'is the only way!

Japanese Grand Prix on ITV

Practice Friday 10 October 0200-0330 & 0600-0730

Live qualifying Saturday 11 October 0515-0715 ITV1

Quali re-runs Saturday 11 October 1400-1600 ITV1

Sunday 12 October 1030-1230 ITV4

Live race Sunday 12 October 0430-0730 ITV1

Race re-run Sunday 12 October 1500-1800 ITV1

Race highlights Sunday 12 October 2315-0015 ITV1

Highlights re-run Monday 13 October 1800-1900 ITV4

Also, teams will be running 'green' tyres at Fuji, to promote environmental awareness amongst drivers and the motoring industry:

http://www.itv-f1.com/news_article.aspx?id=44183

50488_2.jpg

lol, trying to promote 'green' is just a 'tad' hypocritical after the Singapore night race!!

Was it on that time last year?

I remember watching it but cant remember if it was live?

I'm torn, should I stay up all night to watch Practice or should I go to bed and see the practice highlights when I get up?

Lewis on Pole, Kimi second..Massa 5th!

Arghhhh! That said i'm expecting Massa to be atleast 3-4 laps heavier, hopefully he can pass alonso on the race track and maybe heikki too and put in some stunning laps later on..

If kimi can leapfrog Lewis and slow him down a fair bit, who knows what could happen?

Well that would be a change in Massa's strategy since Kimi always fueled heavier than him, but with no hope for Kimi of winning I guess he is having to be the supporting role.

Excellent qualifying session, shame Massa couldn't quite stick it where he needed it. Good to see Kovi in a position to help Hamilton, he really needs to show his worth as a teammate right now.

The last lap was awesome from Hamilton, Massa must be heavy...

Ive decided to wake up at 5am to watch it :heh:, then after it im gonna watch LotR :D

Just heard on the radio that Bourdais got a penalty for the Massa incident at the end of the pit lane, I can't believe they gave Bourdais a penalty. He had the line and everything, that is such a bad call even more so then Hamilton's incident since he had the right to defend his position and Massa turned in on Bourdais.

Just heard on the radio that Bourdais got a penalty for the Massa incident at the end of the pit lane, I can't believe they gave Bourdais a penalty. He had the line and everything, that is such a bad call even more so then Hamilton's incident since he had the right to defend his position and Massa turned in on Bourdais.

Yeah I'm a Massa man but i'm a bit confused by it. Problem is, none of us have the onboard footage (only the FIA do..for now atleast) it's very hard for us to make a call.

Also Kimi said in an interview that Lewis hit him at the first corner and he sustained damage to the front of his car hence why his pace was off. Lewis's punishment seems justified imo.

I also can't help but laugh at lewis. 'I'm racing for points' is something he keeps on saying and then he starts pratting around at the first corner like that. Sorry mate but i'm no F1 driver but you're not gonna outbreak someone by like 3-4 car lengths when you're THAT close to the corner. Seems like a repeat of Brazil last year, or China when he kept pushing and ruined his tires when he was on course for 4-5 points atleast. Even Brundle didn't seem to happy.

Well done Alonso. After today I honestly feel that he is still the fastest man in F1. He banged in some great laps and he deserved the win.

What a fecking awesome race so far! The first two laps were epic!

EDIT: Hehe, forgot I was watching the rerun :heh:

Incredible race though. Hamilton's drive through was a bit dubious, but the rest was just another awesome race.

This season is, again, incredible.

How the hell can Bourdais be given a penalty?

He came out the pits, and entered the first corner like everyone else did.

Absolute disgrace, i'm really angry :@

What a simply mad, crazy race. Alonso and Kubica richly deserved those points. Stewards were harsh but fair with both drive throughs I felt, though I'm not sure why exactly they chose penalise Bourdais. If the last two races are like this I think I'm going to develop some kind of epileptic slow-fit.

Yeah was an enjoyable race!

Got to lol at Hamilton who once again completely lost his head after loosing the lead off the line. Almost took out Heikki in his haste and then caused half the pack to run wide and almost all collide when he was never gonna make that corner anyways!

The Bourdais penalty was rediculous!! Dunno what he could have done differently, and like they said at the time, the two of them were racing for position!

Now on to China in 1 weeks time!!

I'm still backing Hamilton, but is anyone else tempted to nip down to the bookies tomorrow and put a fiver on the outside chance that Kubica takes the championship?