NEurope
Daft

PSN and Home Thread

My apartment looks pretty awesome but I only have free stuff in it. I've got the Pac Man arcade machine and a couple Resident Evil 5 figures around the place. With the free stuff that keeps coming out with games you can make the apartments look pretty cool.

I'd love for your apartment to be accessible offline (so it loads a lot quicker) from the menu and also work from the PS3 boot up if you want. Basically a virtual XMB. You'd have to have a TV and a PS3 in the apartment and basically things that represented stuff on the XMB so you could access everything. Obviously it would be optional so you could just boot up as usual.

My apartment looks pretty awesome but I only have free stuff in it. I've got the Pac Man arcade machine and a couple Resident Evil 5 figures around the place. With the free stuff that keeps coming out with games you can make the apartments look pretty cool.

I'd love for your apartment to be accessible offline (so it loads a lot quicker) from the menu and also work from the PS3 boot up if you want. Basically a virtual XMB. You'd have to have a TV and a PS3 in the apartment and basically things that represented stuff on the XMB so you could access everything. Obviously it would be optional so you could just boot up as usual.

Originally when you pressed start it had a PSP that brought am a XMB for Home options but they got rid of it and replaced it with the current system.

Been loving Home recently! Got most of the free stuff from the shops (All the Watchman stuff)

Just been reading through the past couple of pages... Is it still possible to get all that Namco stuff?

And do we have an N-E club yet? :P

Two new shops in Home. One is a fancy dress one. I hope there are a couple free items. :heh:

Been loving Home recently! Got most of the free stuff from the shops (All the Watchman stuff)

Just been reading through the past couple of pages... Is it still possible to get all that Namco stuff?

And do we have an N-E club yet? :P

I think you can still get the Namco stuff. Just check out the Japanese store.

I don't think we have a club yet. We should set one up.

Edit: This is my apartment:

3425754799_ce0067ab48_b.jpg

3426567196_b42529f2e0_b.jpg

Got awarded that Xi t-shirt for getting today's fragment! :smile:

Edited by Daft

Massive updates this week;

This week Europeans received a bountiful PSN update which includes discounts, demos and new games alike. Sony Europe is evidently running an Anniversary Special this week creating an opportunity for gamers to empty out their wallets in exchange for a lot of great downloadable titles like Siren and WipEout HD. Rag Doll Kung-Fu and Flock! also make their way onto the store, and demos for Assault on Dark Athena and the previously mentioned Flock! should be enough to please.

Anniversary Specials

- WipEout HD - £11.99

- Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online - £11.99

- High Velocity Bowling - £4.79

- Crash Commando - £4.79

- Pain - £3.99

- Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty - £7.99

- Siren Blood Curse - £14.99

- Riff: Everyday Shooter - £3.99

- Dark Mist - £3.99

- Echochrome - £4.79

- Piyotama - £2.39

- Elefunk - £3.99

- Snakeball - £3.99

- Calling All Cars - £3.99

- Blast Factor Advanced - £3.99

- Nucleus - £3.99

- PixelJunk Racers - £3.99

- Toy Home - £3.99

PS3 Games

- Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists Of Plastic - £7.99

- Worms - £7.99

- Flock! - £11.99

- Hail to the Chimp - £11.99

PS3 Demos

- Chronicles Of Riddick

- Flock!

PS3 Downloadable Content

LittleBigPlanet

- Rag Doll Kung Fu Costumes [more] - £2.39

- Patapon Costume [more] - £1.59

Resident Evil 5

- Mercenaries Expansion Pack - £3.99

Quantum of Solace

- Multiplayer map expansion - £3.99

Guitar Hero World Tour

- “It’s Nice to Know You Work Alone†by Silversun Pickups

- “Panic Switch†by Silversun Pickups

- “Well Thought Out Twinkles†by Silversun Pickups

Rock Band

- “She’s a Hottieâ€â€“Toby Keith

- “Waking the Demonâ€â€“Bullet for My Valentine

- “Warriors of Timeâ€â€“Black Tide

- “New Slangâ€â€“The Shins

- “Should’ve Been a Cowboyâ€â€“Toby Keith

- “Who’s Your Daddy?â€â€“Toby Keith

- “How Do You Like Me Now?!â€â€“Toby Keith

- “I Love This Barâ€â€“Toby Keith

- “Beer for My Horsesâ€â€“Toby Keith

SingStar

- Anouk - Sacrifice

- Aretha Franklin - Say A Little Prayer

- The Bangles - Eternal Flame

- Di-rect - A Good Thing

- Delorentos - Do You Realise

- Delorentos - The Rules

- Frankie Goes To Hollywood - The Power Of Love

- George Baker Selection - Little Green Bag

- Kings of Convenience - I’d Rather Dance With You

- Kylie Minogue - Better The Devil You Know

- Kylie Minogue And Jason Donovan - Especially For You

- Lily Allen - The Fear

- Little Richard - Tutti Frutti

- Montgomery Gentry - What Do Ya Think About That?

- Princess - Say I’m Your Number 1

- The Reynolds Girls - I’d Rather Jack

- Sara Barailles - Love Song

- Sara Evans - Born To Fly

- Sonia - You’ll Never Stop Me Loving You

- The View - Shock Horror

- Westlife - If I Let You Go

- Whitney Houston - It’s Not Right But It’s OK

- Will Young - Leave Right Now

Themes and Wallpapers

- Crash Commando Wallpaper

- Ragdoll Kung Fu Wallpaper

Trailers/Videos

- inFamous: City of Fear

- Motorstorm: Arctic Edge

- Resistance: Retribution

- Mirrors Edge: Pure Time Trials

- Pain - Hasselhoff

- Play TV Update Q&A

- Resistance 2 - Shattered Stone

- Resistance Connect for PSP Trailer

Some bargains to be had there...reckon I might pick up Pain at that price///

WOW. Great sale.

Tekken is a must. Bowling and Crash Commando also nice!

I know its not listed here but afew other games also have had discounts like GTI CLub.

Anniversary Specials

- WipEout HD - £11.99

- Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection Online - £11.99

- High Velocity Bowling - £4.79

- Crash Commando - £4.79

- Pain - £3.99

- Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty - £7.99

- Siren Blood Curse - £14.99

- Riff: Everyday Shooter - £3.99

- Dark Mist - £3.99

- Echochrome - £4.79

- Piyotama - £2.39

- Elefunk - £3.99

- Snakeball - £3.99

- Calling All Cars - £3.99

- Blast Factor Advanced - £3.99

- Nucleus - £3.99

- PixelJunk Racers - £3.99

- Toy Home - £3.99

PS3 Games

- Rag Doll Kung Fu: Fists Of Plastic - £7.99

- Worms - £7.99

- Flock! - £11.99

Ragdoll kungfu will be mine. :awesome:

Ragdoll kungfu will be mine. :awesome:

I might buy that, is it a Brawl type game?

*Googles some reviews*

Eurogamer said it wasn't that great. I think they gave it a generous 6/10.

Wouldn't mind what people here say about it.

Eurogamer said it wasn't that great. I think they gave it a generous 6/10.

Wouldn't mind what people here say about it.

Yeah just read the review:

There's no option to add a photograph of your own face to the characters via the PS Eye and the promised online multiplayer is nowhere to be seen.

Not for me then....

As for me just downloaded my first 2d worms game! Yay!

I don't care if the version doesn't have all the bells and whistles, I just love the franchise so looking forward to digging in. R&C for £8 is good, as is Pain for £4.

I would buy Tekken for that price but it is essentially a PS2 game and I am definetly buying Tekken 6.

@ Mat

Yeah, the no online was a pretty stupid decision. That would have been a riot.

There are a couple more free clothing items up in the mall for anyone looking to build up their wardrobe and not pay...like me. :heh:

Me and Cooky just had a game of Worms online. The game is brilliant, headsets are really clear and (understandably) no lag and everything is seamless.

Everyone should get it here. 4 player battles will be great.

It's pretty much the quality game of old, great memories, but they've freshened it up with vibrant visuals and included holy hand grenade for lols. I'd love to see the experts messing around with epic super sheep shots and ninja-rope swinging!

Me and Cooky just had a game of Worms online. The game is brilliant, headsets are really clear and (understandably) no lag and everything is seamless.

Everyone should get it here. 4 player battles will be great.

It's pretty much the quality game of old, great memories, but they've freshened it up with vibrant visuals and included holy hand grenade for lols. I'd love to see the experts messing around with epic super sheep shots and ninja-rope swinging!

Worms is class, been playing it on the 360 for a while now, so can't really justify buying it again........does it have Trophy support?

Yeah, it has pretty much everything you want from a Worms game. Except the parachute *facepalm*. It's only a minor thing but very useful, don't know why they didn't include it.

This version I guess you could justify buying because:

a) it has the quality weapons like the concrete donkey, holy hand grenade, super sheep and one other I forgot.

b) the trophies

c) you can play us online

d) it has 1080p visuals which make it look great

e) they improved the physics

f) people are actually playing it online

Yeah, it has pretty much everything you want from a Worms game. Except the parachute *facepalm*. It's only a minor thing but very useful, don't know why they didn't include it.

This version I guess you could justify buying because:

a) it has the quality weapons like the concrete donkey, holy hand grenade, super sheep and one other I forgot.

b) the trophies

c) you can play us online

d) it has 1080p visuals which make it look great

e) they improved the physics

f) people are actually playing it online

Yeah I would get it as all my virtual online PSN friends are playing it (Got about 80 PSN friends as opposed to 9 LIVE friends)

Edit: Fuck it, going to buy it now.

Hehe, you won't regret it. It is slightly different from the XB version and cooler basically.

Don't worry if the start-up screen appears if it's not doing anything, also there is the occasional freeze when trying to connect to a game.

I'm gonna have to buy Worms used to love Worms on the Amiga and then Worms 2 and Armageddon on the PC>

Played some RagDoll KungFu: Fists Of Plastic. Its got brilliant presentation. Catchy theme song. Lack of online limits long term appeal but its great for offline. Its abit like a Smash Bros but the controls allow you to do more. Its is quite fiddly with both motion and dual stick control. Lots of unlockable costumes and plenty of stages to play on. There is lots of content, especially for the price. Challenge mode is great. Some similar to Smash Bros. Others unique.

All in all i like it. Its fun trying to fight over fish or take territory. The challenge modes are fun too. :)

http://kotaku.com/5206591/play-final-fantasy-vii-on-your-ps3-now

Play Final Fantasy VII On Your PS3... Now!

ff7.jpg

Or play it on your PSP, even. That is, if you have a Japanese PSN account. Today, Square Enix released Final Fantasy VII International on the PlayStation Network.

Final Fantasy VII International is how Square Enix re-released the new and improved American version in Japan on the PlayStation. The International version featured improvements like on-screen arrows, an enhanced management system and an added cut scene that helped explain Cloud's past.

The game is priced at ¥1,500 (US$14.93) on the PSN.

Have a Japanese account but never got on with the FF series. I'm not a fan of anime and found it boring.

VII International doesn't have an English language option, just so you know; FFX International is the only one that does, I believe. That might seem odd, but the point of said versions was to re-release the game in Japan complete with the improvements made for the Western release and possibly a few other extras, not to genuinely appeal to an international audience.

Of course it's now quite likely that we'll see the game pop up on the US and EU Stores upon Advent Children Complete's respective releases. Unless S-E have suddenly gained an allergy to free money.

If you really wanted to play FF7 again on your PSP, surely you would have done so already?

I enjoyed Crisis Core to a degree, but FF7 is a pretty horrible game. The storyline couldn't be any more melodramatic if it tried.

Then again, i'm not one for turn based RPG's.