NEurope
Daft

PSN and Home Thread

Awesome update in Home with Xi. Apparently there is a clue hidden in Arthur C Clark's short story The Sentinel. It's a short story, what 2001: Space Odyssey was based on.

Plus there is a puzzle to do with the clocks in Hexopolis. There are letters where some of the numerals should be. I have an idea which I will check out in a minute. :smile:

hmmm never played 7...tempting via the magic of entropay

With the rate that PSOne games come out in Europe it might be worth waiting a bit.

Being skint and all went to check if I had any money in my PSN wallet and had £2.50 so looked what was going that cheap and picked up Piyotama. Quite a good little game, mixture of tetris and puzzle league with its own twist. Involves picking out 3 eggs either side and mixing them up to change how the eggs lay, has a great combo system as well... Lovely little chicken's popping all over the place, worth the money, I'm not trying to say its the best game ever but very enjoyable for the price and enjoyed playing it whilst sat listening to podcasts...

Did the Xi maximum tilt thing, was pretty fun. Haven't really bothered trying to work the text stuff out, just getting it off Google cause I want to do the more interesting stuff.

Minigame stuf was funny, not hard but pretty good :) Adventure place isn't working for me though.

Edited by dwarf

Oh, Mr Idon'tneednohelpcallingmeacheaterandsuch!! :heh:

Have you done Hexopolis on extreme?

The harder text adventure is a lot more fun. The first one is too easy, you can't actually lose.

Just used the PSN store for the first time and downloaded Crash Bandicoot, CTR, Worms and then some Singstar songs - Rio, Gold, Hungry like the Wolf, Can't touch this and A Little Respect. I quite like Worms but I'm a bit let down by the very barebones single player mode =/

Hehe I couldn't be arsed tbh. I could've been there for hours, despite knowing the answer was just click away. It's just too tempting.

What do you mean text adventure? Stapler?

Oh and btw I am not going to bother with this anymore because I got the 'load scene error' thing or something to that effect when trying to enter the adventure challenge in Alpha zone and apparently that is a bug which means you have to reset and do everything again :( I'm still keen to find out what Xi is anyway.

iPaul did you just get a PS3? Anyway Worms is great online, I know what you mean about the single player, they could have made it more interesting instead of straight vs matches.

I'm a massive fan of Crash as well :)

Edited by dwarf

Lame. What a load of shit. I'd be so annoyed if that happened to me....just jinxed it.

In the adventure room there is an old school adventure quest which it completely text based. So you can move north, east, south, west, pick up items, talk to people...hard to explain...I'm sure there's a proper name for them. Anyways, the harder one is set in space and it is rock hard.

So you aren't really controlling your Home character? There's probably some Yube video unless Sony are banning them.

Did you do it by yourself?

Not really but sort of =S We've had one in the house for a long time now - in fact it's one of the old ones which plays PS2 games (badly I might add). But it was always in the living room which meant I could never use it. Then we got another Blu Ray player very recently and my 360 broke around the same time so the PS3 is now hooked up to my monitor. 1080p does look very good :D

Nice, you should join the clans and online stuff if you are on occasionally.

Oh and Daft, the thing is now allowing me to download the adventure lobby. Strange because I've left and re-entered the place 3 times already to try and it failed.

So you aren't really controlling your Home character? There's probably some Yube video unless Sony are banning them.

Did you do it by yourself?

It's like this, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colossal_Cave_Adventure . Basically your avatar is playing a game.

Nice, you should join the clans and online stuff if you are on occasionally.

Oh and Daft, the thing is now allowing me to download the adventure lobby. Strange because I've left and re-entered the place 3 times already to try and it failed.

That's so weird and annoying. You sure there is no way to fix it?

I have fixed it lol in the text thing now. I just phrased it wrong, if you read it again you'll probably understand what I meant.

I've got up to this bit where I've escaped the jail cell, but so far I'm wondering where the skill is coming from. Still, it's pretty entertaining, just making my eyes bleed.

If you leave does it save your progress?

You did it in one go? How long is it?

Just need to find the circular key

You did it in one go? How long is it?

Just need to find the circular key

Yeah, I did the first one in one go. It's pretty easy. I don't think you can die.

Did you get the key of the prisoner? That's the one I found last.

The harder version is damn hard imo. Took me three or four goes.

No it's Ok I didn't realise you could speak to the sprite, now in Axbridge. How long do you reckon it will take from where I am?

Oh right that is the end. Pretty damn cool :)

How do I get to it? And what fragments do you have? I just want to get up to date as fast as possible. Don't want to cheat through the more interactive stuff though.

It's one of Stapler's missions.

I think the latest, which I think is number 6. I might be wrong about that.

The butterflies are actually optional. You only need the fragments to advance the story.

OK. What's the difference between fragments and butterflies? And where do they get you?

OK. What's the difference between fragments and butterflies? And where do they get you?

At the moment I'm not sure it's clear.

I think the the butterflies are about finding Jess, whereas the fragments are about finding out what Xi is. Just speculation on my part, though.

You got to the post Miguel made about reading Arthur C Clark's The Sentinel? Really good short story. :smile:

Did you just read it or have you read it before? And where does reading all this Miguel and Jess stuff get you. Got so many questions and want to be able to understand it lol.

Did you just read it or have you read it before? And where does reading all this Miguel and Jess stuff get you. Got so many questions and want to be able to understand it lol.

I read it when it was recommended on that Cafe Con Miguel blog thing on the internet gateway. It's only six pages so I gave it a read.

http://cafeconmiguel.wordpress.com/2009/04/10/let-the-drama-unfold/

It's a great little short story. It's what 2001: Space Odyssey was based on.

The basic gist is that Jess has gone missing and everyone is looking for her and what Xi is. If you read into it you get more detail and probably more involved. What I've picked up so far is that Miguel is a goody goody and Ignasius, another Beta tester, seems like a bit of a knob...although I think he's quite funny.

Ask away if anything isn't clear. T'would be nice to have someone else up to speed! :yay:

Yeah I've read a few convos on the Jess site but I want an incentive to read them, I guess it's just interest. We could be Xi bum-buddies ;)

There'll be more incentive to read them when they are more current....bum...buddy... :eek:

:heh:

There should be something new tomorrow. I have a feeling the second Alpha zone is going to open. If not tomorrow, soon.

Plus, I should/hope I get my code for the KillZone 2 get up.