NEurope
Daft

PSN and Home Thread

well that didnt happen with the echochrome unlockables I had to play again and unlock them

same here. Though i did that first thing. Some are saying they were able to by going to different areas. I can confirm the namco works.

same here. Though i did that first thing. Some are saying they were able to by going to different areas. I can confirm the namco works.

I still don't have the namco things...how do I get them again? is it in the jap psn store, or do I go into home on my japanese account?

I still don't have the namco things...how do I get them again? is it in the jap psn store, or do I go into home on my japanese account?

Go into the Jap store, then look for the 'n' logo out of the namco logo, there should be a bit of english text in the decription that says 'Playstation Home'. Just download that mate.

namco%20logo.jpg

Okay, had another dabble, still not keen on it, though I do spend my whole time just being impressed by the whole thing. A few questions

- I thought you had a trophy cabinet, with all your trophies on? Is this coming later?

- Can you get more rooms for your house?

- I'm presuming the HUB doesn't have EVERY user in there, so it is completely random? Is it regional? How does this work? And how does it work for meeting up with friends?

- How do the clubs work you can set up and join?

I have a lot more questions actually, I just dont' understand it too much. It sort of feels like a real life animal crossing!

Okay, had another dabble, still not keen on it, though I do spend my whole time just being impressed by the whole thing. A few questions

- I thought you had a trophy cabinet, with all your trophies on? Is this coming later?

- I'm presuming the HUB doesn't have EVERY user in there, so it is completely random? Is it regional? How does this work? And how does it work for meeting up with friends?

I have a lot more questions actually, I just dont' understand it too much. It sort of feels like a real life animal crossing!

Just gonna answer this question. Each area has a soft limit of 50 and hard limit of 64. What this means is once 50 people are in any given area another version of it loads to exist at the same time. The reason there is a second limit of 64 is so there is space reserved for people to invite friends in. I think they have said that they hope to increase these numbers as system stability and infrastructure improves.

-Trophy cabinets and stuff along those lines are coming later.

-No idea yet but you can get lots of places(int he future anyway)

-Flameboy explained his answer well.

-Clubs cost money to set up. Joining them is easy though and you will get to do things like clan tactics to special events.

One thing i recommend is try out the different regions for HOME. UK, US and Japan. Each is unique and has unique games, features and areas. The japan one for example has a christmas tree and snowfall. The most games as well. They have darts for example. Different stores. The US and JP ones have 3rd party areas too(Far Cry, Uncharted, Namco, TGS) etc.. With mini games.

Also browse each store there are freebies for even branded goods. I brought a samurai sword set for example. :heh:

The whole experience is promising but its very early and needs tons of work. I expect huge improvements swiftly. By the end of next year I doubt we will be looking at Home the same way.

-Trophy cabinets and stuff along those lines are coming later.

-No idea yet but you can get lots of places(int he future anyway)

-Flameboy explained his answer well.

-Clubs cost money to set up. Joining them is easy though and you will get to do things like clan tactics to special events.

One thing i recommend is try out the different regions for HOME. UK, US and Japan. Each is unique and has unique games, features and areas. The japan one for example has a christmas tree and snowfall. The most games as well. They have darts for example. Different stores. The US and JP ones have 3rd party areas too(Far Cry, Uncharted, Namco, TGS) etc.. With mini games.

Also browse each store there are freebies for even branded goods. I brought a samurai sword set for example. :heh:

The whole experience is promising but its very early and needs tons of work. I expect huge improvements swiftly. By the end of next year I doubt we will be looking at Home the same way.

Yeah I feel the same there is a lot of work still to be done on the service as a whole. I think of it as a newly built house that starts as a blank canvas but then gets added to as the years go on...

I think though our UK version is somewhat behind others especially the JPN version.

Yes the US and Japan ones are better no doubt. Perfect excuses for making new accounts. They have all out features... Nothing exclusive in our region comes to mind.

Our cinema rocks. Everyone else's suck. :heh:

Yeah i guess the cinema is bigger and has more to it. But we cant move around in ours. Then again that might be a good thing...

All the stuff I unlocked and lost has come back with the latest update. The PacMAN t-shirt is back on. :heh:

Seems like we have the Watchmen trailer exclusive with a special welcome from Zack Snyder. Hopefully we get the Redbull area soon.

Everything has come back now. Seems like a good update but no new content so far.

Japan wins for Home so far. They have a christmas tree and snow.

Wow there's loads of new stuff up on the Store (most notably the MGS LBP thing) including new games and demos of old stuff.

Yeah bumper day. Happy christmas all. the MGS DLC is amazing. Fingers hurt though :heh:

lol yeah great update too much to play! Finally found the Namco home stuff...didn't realise it was a stand alone game and all those arcade classics for free...

I went to the Namco area. The modeling for Misturugi is impressive! Seems lifted from SC4. A car from RR7 was also there.

There is a video for Tekken 6 and some sort of stand is covered in cloth/ Seems like there could be some sort of unveiling.

The Red Bull Air Race is live in Home.

I'm checking it out now.

Oh my god the EA sports space is amazing.

Where is it? On the American Home?

Edit: Oh right, not out yet. :heh:

Where is it? On the American Home?

Edit: Oh right, not out yet. :heh:

media i mean. Looks great. Redbull is meant to be up though.

I thought I'd revive this thread with Xi and Home kind of gaining momentum.

The Godfather II Gambles On PlayStation Home

godfather_poker.jpg

EA joins the ranks of companies with a PlayStation Home presence a bit earlier than anticipated with The Godfather II space, complete with Texas Hold'Em table.

EA's PlayStation Home space for The Godfather II arrives tomorrow, well before the highly anticipated EA Sports Complex launches later this spring. Where there are mobsters there's bound to be gambling going on, so EA has included a Texas Hold 'Em table amongst the leather furniture and undoubtedly smoky-smelling carpet, giving PlayStation Home visitors yet another interactive thing to do in the increasingly interactive service.

To celebrate, Sony is holding their first Celebrity Poker Tournament tomorrow night, urging Homies (term coined!) to show up dressed a generic approximation of their favorite celebrity. The tourney kicks off at 5pm pacific, and ends when the rival mob kicks in the doors, spraying the crowd with bullets...or whenever people stop playing.

If gangsters aren't your thing, be sure to check out Capcom's newly refreshed Resident Evil 5 space, where a new mini-game quest and a souvenir shop with character costumes awaits the wary traveler. Do Chris and Sheva count as celebrities?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/04/08/playstation-home-news-electronic-arts-unveils-the-godfather-ii-space-capcom-refreshes-resident-evil-5-special-events/

We still don't have the Uncharted and the Resistance space so I don't know if this will hit the PAL Home. This looks pretty awesome though. All the free stuff in Home is great. It's funny to think you have to buy Texas Hold'em on XBLA. :heh:

What does everyone think of Xi? Is anyone up to date with all the challenges?

I haven't brought myself to carry on yet Daft but I will do!

And what's the Resistance space? I love Resistance!

Oh and I had a chess match with a German guy earlier, could've won but ended in stalemate after noob moves by me. But anyway, it was really enjoyable and I am actually starting to appreciate Home a bit more. It connects people and gets people chatting and stuff.

You can be a cock occasionally which is always fun.

Edited by dwarf

I haven't brought myself to carry on yet Daft but I will do!

And what's the Resistance space? I love Resistance!

Oh and I had a chess match with a German guy earlier, could've won but ended in stalemate after noob moves by me. But anyway, it was really enjoyable and I am actually starting to appreciate Home a bit more. It connects people and gets people chatting and stuff.

You can be a cock occasionally which is always fun.

It was mentioned ages ago and I think it was in the beta.

http://kotaku.com/361560/how-resistance-fall-of-man-makes-home-really-really-cool

There are a couple pics of it around somewhere.

Yeah, I really like wondering around home. It was quite cool meeting up in Home today. When there are more reasons to party up in it I can definitely seeing it being a lot of fun.

I'd love to see people's apartments as well. See what they've done with them.

I'm not going to bother with the buying stuff/sprucing up appartments but general wandering and doing some of the games and chatting is all good. Surprisingly entertaining just walking around with you in the Xi hub thing lol. Meditating pro, maybe you'll show me the way to enlightenment one day.