NEurope
Daft

PSN and Home Thread

I have not even tried to download it. Think i will wait till everything has settled down before giving it a go.

Still have trouble connecting. Seems tougher right now since its busier i guess.

Home is different for all 3 main regions for the record. So try each one out.

Download the Namco Mueseum beta from the JP store and play to unlock arcade cabinets for within Home.

Yeah I know its still BETA but...

Making your own house, Letting people come round and visit it :blank: SAD

I cant see this getting any better tbh, It might just be me but HOME is a piece of shit.

When I turn on my PS3 all I want to do is check whos online then play a game. I dont want to go and check my friends house, Or walk about doing nothing. Watching people dance in little groups.

HOME = FAIL

Reminds me of the strong feeling people have about Myspace, Facebook or even Second Life. Then they end up using it everyday... :heh: Its about 24 hours since opening and pretty gimped right now. While its open beta, its hardly ready ofcourse and will keep growing.

I like the whole idea, just waiting for more content and hooks like the Uncharted bar or Ratchet ears and tail, Warhawk room etc.

Makes me wonder what people would have though about LBP if they did a fully open beta. "OMG there are no levels online, fail"...

Still have trouble connecting. Seems tougher right now since its busier i guess.

Home is different for all 3 main regions for the record. So try each one out.

Download the Namco Mueseum beta from the JP store and play to unlock arcade cabinets for within Home.

Reminds me of the strong feeling people have about Myspace, Facebook or even Second Life. Then they end up using it everyday... :heh: Its about 24 hours since opening and pretty gimped right now. While its open beta, its hardly ready ofcourse and will keep growing.

I like the whole idea, just waiting for more content and hooks like the Uncharted bar or Ratchet ears and tail, Warhawk room etc.

Makes me wonder what people would have though about LBP if they did a fully open beta. "OMG there are no levels online, fail"...

Good point. I look at is as another way to get more people on my friends list :P I mean, it's not like most of my friends own ps3s

Still havent been able to connect at all...

I am thinking of just waiting till another updated for it appears as I just cannot get on at all.

come on, how many ppl in europe would be on at 1am to fill up the servers?!?!

come on, how many ppl in europe would be on at 1am to fill up the servers?!?!

I was on at around 4 in the morning and the place was pretty damn packed.

It worked seamlessly for me. I'm quite impressed tbh.

I love in the cinema Zack Snyder talking on the wall.

My only real problem with Home at the moment is the lack of content: everyone's wearing the same handful of clothes, and there generally isn't much to do. As a proof of concept I'm enjoying the Beta though, connection issues aside.

I'm hoping then when more game-related content appears things might get a bit less sterile. It's all very self-consciously 'cool' at the moment, and I think it would liven the place up no end if you had people walking around wearing Sackboy masks, Clank backpacks, or otherwise donning identifiable clothing from games.

FINALLY works. Quite happy too that I was able to get some stuff for free before the game was open to everyone and that you have to pay for stuff now.

Any chance of loggin in on a Saturday? :blank:

My only real problem with Home at the moment is the lack of content: everyone's wearing the same handful of clothes, and there generally isn't much to do. As a proof of concept I'm enjoying the Beta though, connection issues aside.

I'm hoping then when more game-related content appears things might get a bit less sterile. It's all very self-consciously 'cool' at the moment, and I think it would liven the place up no end if you had people walking around wearing Sackboy masks, Clank backpacks, or otherwise donning identifiable clothing from games.

They should be adding stuff weekly. Hopefully the RedBull and Uncharted areas are up. We've seen Motorstorm and Warhawk as well. I just hope before Christmas.

and that you have to pay for stuff now.
You don't pay for customisation stuff like clothes/furniture etc... do you? just for downloading mini-games and the like [if that's what you can do; I don't know!].

You don't pay for customisation stuff like clothes/furniture etc... do you? just for downloading mini-games and the like [if that's what you can do; I don't know!].

Depends really. Games so far are free. I think they want test if the ecommerce works. Though i do not think there is any specific rule at all. Expect to see a mixture of paid, free and unlockable content for everything.

I am going to try and get on again at some point today...not once made it on properly since the open beta opened so not had chance to view anything...

On a PSN note, this months Qore is available for free off the US store...downloaded it last night gonna watch it tonight.

The stuff that is on there now has to be paid for. Nice to see myself walking around with stuff barely anyone else has :grin:

I'm on home atm with my mate, we're hanging out by the LBP billboard, it's fun. xD

Some girl tried to flirt with me, I went back to her appartment, and she was talking about sexual stuff, but then said I looked like a nerd, and told me to leave... what a wierdo. :heh:

I'm on home atm with my mate, we're hanging out by the LBP billboard, it's fun. xD

Some girl tried to flirt with me, I went back to her appartment, and she was talking about sexual stuff, but then said I looked like a nerd, and told me to leave... what a wierdo. :heh:

haha that sounds awesome! You have had you first sexual experience in home lol!

haha that sounds awesome! You have had you first sexual experience in home lol!

Not really, I got turned down, lol. :heh:

Home is great but its lacking something.....and that something is a punch button. How cool would it be to have a fighting arena in Central Plaza.

Get on it Sony!

Home is great but its lacking something.....and that something is a punch button. How cool would it be to have a fighting arena in Central Plaza.

Get on it Sony!

I think it needs a jump button more tbh... and conga lines.

I love the way everyone dances in front of the LocoRoco ad. There were about 20 of us doing various dances. Someone managed to sync up with me on the robot. :heh:

I can't wait to see what they add. It really is like being in the Playstation community.

I like the flying saucer game in the American plaza.

My place is a little dull which is a shame. Became a lot nicer after I found out how to change the wall paper.

I bought the miltary jacket and some guy walked up to me and started calling me gay and a total homo as it looked shit. He did have a point. And for about 60p I felt ripped off! Should be able to view the clothes on your avatar 1st!

Anyhoo, had a great game of bowling today with what sounded like a munchkin from Oz lol. His voice was soooo high pitched! Holding R2 to talk with the headset is genius and is realy good fun to just run past someone and shout "your it!". Hours of fun right there...

@ Daft: I too was dancing by doing the running on the spot dance at the loco ad for ages lol

Can't wait until 'game launches' start.

The onyl game supporting free unlocks right now si the Namco Museum beta on the Japan store.

I unloocked afew clothes and goodies.

I noticed Sony added earrings and few other items today. some categories are still empty though...