N-Europe

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

DiemetriX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be taking advantage of this, especially for Japanese only Wii titles. Including stuff like the inevitable Densetsu no Stafy Wii that will never be released anywhere else but Japan. :P

As for Brawl, I live in America and had this reserved and paid off for months now. I'll be playing with anybody I can get my hands on to (that is as soon as I finish single player anyway :P)

As for Brawl, I live in America and had this reserved and paid off for months now. I'll be playing with anybody I can get my hands on to (that is as soon as I finish single player anyway :P)

You could get Mario Kart "early" by importing from Europe.

Just out of interest, would American game saves on your Wii work with PAL versions of the game? For example, if I imported Brawl and later in the year decided to get a PAL copy of Brawl to avoid having to swap discs, would I be able to access by American save file?

Brawl isn't region based. Same with other games out there so it's not limited. I might try online against folk or some of you guys after some practice, don't wanna go on and get owned by simple moves :heh:

er yeah it is! I have the Japanese Brawl and random matches do not connect. only matches against friends. So dont be suprised if random matches on US servers do not connect. Nintendo may even lock friend codes to regions of the game disc.

Medal of honor is also region based.

Someone on GAF emailed Datel about the freeloader and this was the reply they got, It appears to be future proof:

Dear Customer

Further to your email we can confirm that on every occasion that the product is used when the disc is inserted in the console that it allows the usage of any imported Wii game discs and disables the console from been able to update its firmware, if the disc is removed after been inserted and reinserted this will again enable the console to update its firmware but still allow the usage of the any imported Wii game discs.

Regards

Unless i've missunderstood that.

Someone on GAF emailed Datel about the freeloader and this was the reply they got, It appears to be future proof:

Unless i've missunderstood that.

I don't get that. It's saying that when the disk is in you don't get prompted with updates right? Well what about if you update then put the disk in...

er yeah it is! I have the Japanese Brawl and random matches do not connect. only matches against friends. So dont be suprised if random matches on US servers do not connect. Nintendo may even lock friend codes to regions of the game disc.

Medal of honor is also region based.

Oh the irony.

Smash's random battles, at the moment, are region locked.

I didn't mean only the random battles, just meant it was possible to play worldwide. Random battles I would of imagined was locked cause they wanted to avoid lag.

But it's not as if i'm desperate to play random folk online, mostly for the friends and offline and fun.

Also great update from Datel. I'm glad I ordered it now :)

No More Heroes on VG+ now. Dunno if they added it or I jsut found it :heh:

Uncensored goodness

That response from Datel clears nothing up. First, it doesn't make sense, second, in Brawl's case the problem isn't a firmware update, 3rd, if a firmware update is already done that blocks the freeloader, what that e-mail said (or tried to) won't be able to do a thing about it. I want them to clear it up fast to know if I can buy NMH NTSC or not.

So, if you want to update your Wii, you need to wait until someone fucks it up first? They haven't blocked the GC one, because GC wasnt online. This isn't nuclear science, but it isn't that simple either.

Anyway, stay tuned on the main site for the next couple of days, we might have something good.

They made a GC Freeloader to be used on the Wii, they could block that with a patch for the Wii.

I never update my Wii anyway so not as if i'm gonna get any problems with it anyway. If there is an update just check what it actually does first before downloading it. Even blocking the Wii Freeloader will be hard so if they do actually do something, then it while be a while off.

They made a GC Freeloader to be used on the Wii, they could block that with a patch for the Wii.

I never update my Wii anyway so not as if i'm gonna get any problems with it anyway. If there is an update just check what it actually does first before downloading it. Even blocking the Wii Freeloader will be hard so if they do actually do something, then it while be a while off.

The current GC freeloader for Wii doesn't work because ofn update.

If oyu don't update you won't be able to play a lot of games, because some com with firmware updates, while others like Smash update other stuff. Like I said, not that simple. Still, I doubt anyone will brick their Wii (the freeloader wont put anything on the Wii most likely) and the codejunkies guys aren't stupid.