NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Yip so far. About to have my first match online and all is well. Also i'm on 3.1 firmware.

Oh god this is a dream. LAG? My ass >.<

I'm here! Had to get my haircut, so sorry! : peace:

Sent you PM with my code!

No Brawl today. I swear, if it's not here tomorrow I'll be pissed ><

I just had a thought. Would the freeloader recodnise copied wii games without a moded console?

The postal system is run by retards anyway.

Surely it would be like this:

Day 1: VGP to Canada mail hub to airport in Canada

Day 2: Canada to UK/US

Day 3: If it goes to UK, it goes to the closest UK hub. If it goes to the US it then goes to the UK.

Day 4: Arrives, or gets transported to UK hub.

Day 5: Arrives.

I mean, mine was sent... Monday afternoon? But mines gotta do an extra leg up to Shetland so its going to be Saturday at the earliest for me.

Normal Royal Mail postman, and you normally get it on the Saturday when dispatched on the Tuesday! Could be tomorrow though for you lot as most were sent Monday!

I hope that's all right, cos I'd LOVE to get in tomorrow, though I'm not really expecting it to arrive before the Weekend.

If it does come tomorrow, Freeloader had better aswell!!!

Cant believe some vgp people are moaning about postage its only been 3 days and it is coming from canada a bit of patience wouldnt go a miss

I'm more afraid of not getting my Freeloader this weekend than Brawl as post from England can be extremely slow.

Cant believe some vgp people are moaning about postage its only been 3 days and it is coming from canada a bit of patience wouldnt go a miss

Patience and Brawl dont go together...thats why its imported

Watch out....You'd better not talk about postage in a Freeloader thread or Nintendohnut will be gwumpy.

I just had a thought. Would the freeloader recodnise copied wii games without a moded console?

I considered that earlier, as well as whether or not you could copy a freeloader disc. Is the Wiiloader 8 or 12cm?

So, to work around that red-with-the-RGB-cable, you have to go back to the standard cable? Fair enough, I could never really see the difference between them. Whew, had me worried there.

Had about 45 mins of brawling with ShadowV7 (did you like my taunt? Believe it!) and there was hardly any lag at all, some slow down here and there but not enough to ruin the experience!

I was winning quite a few and then i don't know what happened, he crawled back! I think we're about the same in 'experience' with this game, good matches! Be even better with 4 of us i reckon!

I now need food! :heh:

i'm looking forward to a good old bit of online when i get it lack of voice chat sucks though just think of the laughs that could be had

4 Way will be amazing. You beat me good at the start, that was my very first matches against you! I'm alright with Link and Pit and could barely damage him as Metaknight. I kept fallen off at the beginning and dying and recorded 2 matches. Then he got eaten by a Pikmin character thing.

So with hands on experience, anyone got questions?

@Scuba, Skype :heh:

4 Way will be amazing. You beat me good at the start, that was my very first matches against you! I'm alright with Link and Pit and could barely damage him as Metaknight. I kept fallen off at the beginning and dying and recorded 2 matches. Then he got eaten by a Pikmin character thing.

So with hands on experience, anyone got questions?

@Scuba, Skype :heh:

Haha! Yeah i committed suicide!

A certain character i played with had alot of trouble, i won't say the name but i wouldn't say he/she has an array of moves, a great addition to the cast though!

If I get it tomorrow Im gonna spend the 1st 2 hours on the normal adventure game so I can get used to it then spend the majority of tomorrow on wifi

If I get it tomorrow Im gonna spend the 1st 2 hours on the normal adventure game so I can get used to it then spend the majority of tomorrow on wifi

Same here, I'll be playing through SSE with a friend of mine to unlock most characters first.

Frick! I haven't got the standard AV-cable anymore. >_<

You can also put the RGB scart into a non RGB socket, then it will function as a composite cable.

Right let me get this streight, Im using The NORMAL scart cable that came with the wii, will that work?

Right let me get this streight, Im using The NORMAL scart cable that came with the wii, will that work?

If your TV supports a NTSC 60Hz signal, otherwise it will be in black and white.

You can also put the RGB scart into a non RGB socket, then it will function as a composite cable.

I don't know if I have anything that isn't RGB. Well, we'll see about that next week. Geez, so much trouble, but I guess it's worth it for playing Brawl in the Easter holiday.

It should work then, cuz I do have a 60 hz option and my animal crossing ntsc games runs fine on my tv anyway

Right, caved in. I aint waiting 3+ more months for this. Ordered from 365 games. Great deal. Thanks to Rummy for his delicious find :)

I'l be brawlin' online soon.

Whoop Whoop!

Ironically, I forsee WiFi being my least used option...

Mhm. I have four remotes and nunchucks and three housemates. Bingo bango. Looking forward to taking it to Shorty and Jay's too.

Anyway. Smash Bros did not turn up at my parents today. Hoepfully tomorrow but apparently post comes at any time which is annoying. At least at my house its always before 9.30 (and around 7.30 on Saturdays >_<)