NEurope
DiemetriX

Wii Freeloader Thread - FAQ & Info in First Post

Mines has been 'In Process / Unpaid / Unshipped' every since I ordered it on the 28th. Is yours saying the same or actually "Processing" O.o

My logic is that those who ordered with codejunkies would get them earlier since we're ordering from them direct and it doesn't need to go to suppliers or anything.

Well, no, it says In Process. CGP says "Processing", it's pretty much the same thing so I couldn't be bothered specifying.

Will I be able to buy this in the shops?

I'm pretty sure my independant game shop sold the GC freeloader, but can't remember if GAME/Gamestation did...

I know for a fact Game didn't last time can't imagine Gamstation will as they dont sell imports and you would no longer need to go to them

If they do then i sell Wii and get my money back :p

Who loses? Nintendo

Haha!

I would keep the Wii though, you might as well....There must be one game your interested in buying!

Will I be able to buy this in the shops?

I'm pretty sure my independant game shop sold the GC freeloader, but can't remember if GAME/Gamestation did...

Gamestation sold the Freeloader, i remember buying Mario Sunshine from this import place in Colchester then going to the Gamestation and buying the Freeloader, i'm sure of it. Such along time ago that, brings a tear to my eye! Playing Mario Sunshine in August (while Europe had to wait till October) blew me away!

Wii - £161.99

Freeloader - £9.99

Brawl - £25.47

Nintendo releasing a firmware update on the launch of the Freeloader which blocks it out = PRICELESS

... Sorry, I couldn't resist. :heh: It's firmware-proof apparently.

Awesome!!!

There's a rumour codejunkies got 15,000 Freeloaders on Monday. I'm gonna go with it fake since ours would of been shipped already and because I think the actual release date is the 14th :heh:

Haha!

I would keep the Wii though, you might as well....There must be one game your interested in buying!

Gamestation sold the Freeloader, i remember buying Mario Sunshine from this import place in Colchester then going to the Gamestation and buying the Freeloader, i'm sure of it. Such along time ago that, brings a tear to my eye! Playing Mario Sunshine in August (while Europe had to wait till October) blew me away!

Good old interactive their imports used to be a rip off. Place went downhill after the origional guy sold it. As for the actual freeloader release date I think its all rumour and the same thing happend last time. Don't be surprised if on the 14th or whatever you guys are expecting that you recieve nothing

The proper version is the bloodless one.

Disagree. Goichi Suda promised No More Heroes would be a violent, gory game - promising it would even out-gore Manhunt 2. The fact that last minute the distributors/Suda chickened and self-censored does not make NMH Japanese/European the 'proper' game. Remember, Ubisoft have not added the blood in the US version, Japan/Europe have had the blood removed.

The USA version is the definative version, since its closest to the game Suda wanted to make. Whether the pressure to self censor forced Suda to make cuts is totally irrellevent. The game he was trying to make was blood drenched and thats the one that hit the US stores.

I think its all rumour and the same thing happend last time. Don't be surprised if on the 14th or whatever you guys are expecting that you recieve nothing

Yea but, it's actually finished and tested this time :heh:

People can have their doubts all they want, when looking for info on this, i've seen loads of doubts and question. If it's actually done and been tested with 41 games sincluding Brawl and they all worked, it's safe to say it'll be out soon. There's no reason for them to keep delaying it.

I'm sure i'll be able to play Brawl, bloody version of No More Heroes and Draogn Quest Swords next week. Well maybe not the last 2 cause i'll become Brawls biatch :)

Good old interactive their imports used to be a rip off. Place went downhill after the origional guy sold it. As for the actual freeloader release date I think its all rumour and the same thing happend last time. Don't be surprised if on the 14th or whatever you guys are expecting that you recieve nothing

haha Interactive Games Consoles, I bought loads of N64 games from them back in the day. Cheaper then EB as it was back then and practicaly next door.

The only problem is that if I import Brawl and the Jap wii fit, and get mario kart all before June the only other game I want coming out this year is Banjo Kazooie 3, which wont be out till xmas.

Imo it's no point importing Wii Fit. Not only will you get customs,it's not exactly that far off waiting for our own language. And it's not as if it'll be worth it since it's a non-game and it's not something you can play for long periods of time.

Even if you don't import them, your still gonna have a long wait for BK3, assuming it even makes it out this year.

Yea but, it's actually finished and tested this time :heh:

People can have their doubts all they want, when looking for info on this, i've seen loads of doubts and question. If it's actually done and been tested with 41 games sincluding Brawl and they all worked, it's safe to say it'll be out soon. There's no reason for them to keep delaying it.

I'm sure i'll be able to play Brawl, bloody version of No More Heroes and Draogn Quest Swords next week. Well maybe not the last 2 cause i'll become Brawls biatch :)

We shall see I really hope I am proved wrong but datel did this last time. I've got both my smash and my freeloader preordered sadly I think Smash will be sitting there for a while.

I myself ordered a Freeloader for the Wii on Friday and have just phoned Codejunkies up asking when it was going to be despatched, and the lady told me that they have no definite date just yet.

I also asked about the payment as my money hadn't been taken out yet, and she said that the money will be taken just before it's been despatched.

There's some reports that it's being sent out to retailers tomorrow so they get it for Friday/Monday latest.

This still goes with Gameseeks Friday date, a seller on ebay says he should be getting them in on Friday and a store owner or something said they're being sent out tomorrow. This also goes with the rumour of 15+ being shipped to codejunkies. Now we need to wait and see.

There's some reports that it's being sent out to retailers tomorrow so they get it for Friday/Monday latest.

This still goes with Gameseeks Friday date, a seller on ebay says he should be getting them in on Friday and a store owner or something said they're being sent out tomorrow. This also goes with the rumour of 15+ being shipped to codejunkies. Now we need to wait and see.

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed we might be playing Brawl toward the end of next week!

Hope Gameseek gets it this week! Would be stupid to have Brawl and not the Freeloader. :heh:

By the way there's a Dutch gamesite which added it yesterday for March 6th, so that adds some truth to it.

The only problem is that if I import Brawl and the Jap wii fit, and get mario kart all before June the only other game I want coming out this year is Banjo Kazooie 3, which wont be out till xmas.

Huh? Banjo--Kazooie 3 isn't coming to the Wii?

I haven't bothered reading this thread, so I one important question probably none of you can answer, but I'll try anyway:

- In Brawl, are you able to fight other-territory copies of the game via Friend-Codes? I.e., if I add a European user on an American copy of the game, will we be able to play against each other?

I just wanna know when we get the Freeloader so I know when to order more games :heh:

At above: That's good news then. Hopefully there's truth in there somewhere and we can get it soon :)

You can fight anyone with FriendCodes regardless of where they are MindFreak.

Thanks for the info. Fingers crossed we might be playing Brawl toward the end of next week!

Dunno if this makes me a really sad, sad man, but I got butterflies in my stomach reading that.

Disagree. Goichi Suda promised No More Heroes would be a violent, gory game - promising it would even out-gore Manhunt 2. The fact that last minute the distributors/Suda chickened and self-censored does not make NMH Japanese/European the 'proper' game. Remember, Ubisoft have not added the blood in the US version, Japan/Europe have had the blood removed.

The USA version is the definative version, since its closest to the game Suda wanted to make. Whether the pressure to self censor forced Suda to make cuts is totally irrellevent. The game he was trying to make was blood drenched and thats the one that hit the US stores.

You're completely wrong, probably through misguided unofficial internet rubbish.

Suda 51 confirmed in an interview that there was always more than one version of the game; meaning no-one had blood removed or added.

Plus, why would Ubisoft have added blood? They have nothing to do with the development of the game.

Anyway...there's always been more than one version to suit different cultures, also meaning there was no chickening or self cencoring; they just decided to release the "Japanese ver." of the game here instead of the US one.

I consider the Jap ver. the true one, as the game's developed in Japan.