NEurope
mike-zim

Politically Correct?

I saw on the news that in a christmas production of Snow White in London, they've replaced the dwarves with gnomes.

Fuck it.

Let's just kill any and all non-white, non-Christian, non-Middle Class people and then we won't have to deal with this issue of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS that PLAGUES our lives.

Seriously, have you ever been asked to change? You just read about it on the internet numnuts!

Actually, we have had to change. Quite frankly, i'm a little bit cheesed off. During a seminar, we were told words that we can and can't say. Examples of these being words like blackboard, brainstorm, and special needs. I come from a very multicultural area, and i've never heard anyone complaim about the word "blackboard".

I read an article about a week ago, where a priest was giving his views about political correctness in relevance to Christmas. The ideas behind calling Christmas lights "Winter Lights" are absurd. If Britain is so culturally and racially tolerant, then why change that? It's part of the Christian faith. Not the British faith. As a Muslim, i respect other people's traditions. By changing the name, i feel that this is denouncing certain elements of Christian tradition and history.

Actually, we have had to change. Quite frankly, i'm a little bit cheesed off. During a seminar, we were told words that we can and can't say. Examples of these being words like blackboard, brainstorm, and special needs. I come from a very multicultural area, and i've never heard anyone complaim about the word "blackboard".

And what will happen if you dare utter the word "blackboard" infront of anyone do you reckon?

Nothing at all.

Keep your panties on everyone. (Except the ladies! ... Oh Offerman, how we miss you so).

And what will happen if you dare utter the word "blackboard" infront of anyone do you reckon?

Nothing at all.

Keep your panties on everyone. (Except the ladies! ... Oh Offerman, how we miss you so).

It depends really. Ask me that question if we have an epileptic kid in the classroom, and whose parents do get uptight about these words. School inspectors are also a possibilty. It does happen. I have actually seen this happen, and it's nothing short of censorship. In the 2 schools i've gone into for my placements, i've seen extremely cautious teachers who try and take great care about what they say and how they say it. Whether or not we do get told off about it is really not the most important thing here. It's the process. We're effectively being taught what we can and can't say.

It depends really. Ask me that question if we have an epileptic kid in the classroom

I'm pretty sure it won't trigger a fit. But I'm no doctor. Give it a try anyhow!

I'm pretty sure it won't trigger a fit. But I'm no doctor. Give it a try anyhow!

Nice. :indeed:

Anyway, i wouldn't personally blame people for being a bit wound up about all this political correction.

Most of this political correctness stuff is just made up anyway. "They've banned people from saying Merry Christmas", "You're not allowed to say blackboard". Who's they? My housemate, 2 friends and both my parents are teachers, no-one's ever told them not to say blackboard. That whole "Natwest have banned piggy banks to avoid offending Muslims" story was a big porkie as well. But people just eat it up and take it as gospel along with "Asylum seekers eat our donkeys"

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s1494636.htm

Asylum seekers take are jobs, at the least the ones that get off their arses and don't live off of us do that. Either way we all lose out. GET RID OF THEM!!

Of course people may use political correctness as an excuse to be racist. But what also annoys me are Gaurdian (or Independent, in fact espcially Indepndent) readers who mock or are hostile to those who are concerned about political corectness. And yes boys and girls in this case genralising a newspaper demographic to hold a certian opinion is quite correct :wink:

the reason why theres so many frikkin asylum seekers here, is because the shitty government just lets them in with no background check or anything

Of course people may use political correctness as an excuse to be racist. But what also annoys me are Gaurdian (or Independent, in fact espcially Indepndent) readers who mock or are hostile to those who are concerned about political corectness. And yes boys and girls in this case genralising a newspaper demographic to hold a certian opinion is quite correct :wink:

There's really no need to be concerned though, is there? It's a non-existent entity outside boardrooms and local Conservative associations.

I went there!

a couple a years ago they tried renaming Christmas 'winterfest' in birmingham-what a pile of b*****ks! more recently people have also tried renaming 'man made fibres' 'person made fibres' and in another christmas related showing of PC gone way too far-people in birmingham again have tried to stop christmas decorations etc by claiming it insults the Islamic faith!

this world is crazy!!!

karl

Asylum seekers take are jobs, at the least the ones that get off their arses and don't live off of us do that. Either way we all lose out. GET RID OF THEM!!

Did the Daily Mail tell you that? Its wrong.

Immigrants put 10% more into a country than they take out.

Asylum seekers are often grateful for any work, and they are given vouchers to use, not cash, off the government to survive.

asylum seekers also get grants from the government which some of them use to buy new cars etc!

its just plain annoying that we have to allow people here when we have problems with our own population e.g homeless people etc

karl

lmao!!!

just brilliant mate! lol

you should have you own show! hehe

You must be mistaken - it says "revolution europe" at the top, not "BNP". Let's dispel a few myths, eh?

1. Asylum seekers take our jobs!

No, they don't. They don't hide behind bushes, jump people and take the keys to their office. Apart from anything else, asylum seekers aren't allowed to work for the first twelve months they spend in the UK. They have to rely on state support, which for them is a third below the usual level of income support. If they do have a job at that point, the company that employs them is breaking the law and they are at fault for not checking the asylum seeker's background.

2. Asylum seekers live off the state!

As I mentioned earlier, state support for asylum seekers is cut from the regular level. The weekly rates are as follows:

NASS pays the following amounts to asylum seekers who qualify:

Couple £61.11

Lone parent aged 18 or over £38.96

Person aged 25 or over 38.96

Person aged 18-24 30.84

Child 16-17 (except as a qualifying member of a couple) 33.50

Child under 16 42.27

Source here.

Would you really want to live on £40 a week? Do you call that a life of luxury? I certainly don't. That doesn't even cover rent for a small flat in most places, and that's before supplies like food.

3. We all lose out!

Not a chance. This country owes a great debt to immigration. There was a great deficit of workers in the 1960s, and most of the shortfall was made up by immigrant workers. Most of the jobs taken by asylum seekers are low paid, unskilled work. Street cleaners, bar work, hospital workers, etc. Basically all the jobs that most people think they're too good for. Get rid of immigrants working in those fields, and I guarantee you'd notice the difference immediately.

The easy option would simply have been to post "fuck off", but I'm a very thorough gentleman.

You must be mistaken - it says "revolution europe" at the top, not "BNP". Let's dispel a few myths, eh?

1. Asylum seekers take our jobs!

No, they don't. They don't hide behind bushes, jump people and take the keys to their office. Apart from anything else, asylum seekers aren't allowed to work for the first twelve months they spend in the UK. They have to rely on state support, which for them is a third below the usual level of income support. If they do have a job at that point, the company that employs them is breaking the law and they are at fault for not checking the asylum seeker's background.

2. Asylum seekers live off the state!

As I mentioned earlier, state support for asylum seekers is cut from the regular level. The weekly rates are as follows:

NASS pays the following amounts to asylum seekers who qualify:

Couple £61.11

Lone parent aged 18 or over £38.96

Person aged 25 or over 38.96

Person aged 18-24 30.84

Child 16-17 (except as a qualifying member of a couple) 33.50

Child under 16 42.27

Source here.

Would you really want to live on £40 a week? Do you call that a life of luxury? I certainly don't. That doesn't even cover rent for a small flat in most places, and that's before supplies like food.

3. We all lose out!

Not a chance. This country owes a great debt to immigration. There was a great deficit of workers in the 1960s, and most of the shortfall was made up by immigrant workers. Most of the jobs taken by asylum seekers are low paid, unskilled work. Street cleaners, bar work, hospital workers, etc. Basically all the jobs that most people think they're too good for. Get rid of immigrants working in those fields, and I guarantee you'd notice the difference immediately.

The easy option would simply have been to post "fuck off", but I'm a very thorough gentleman.

They still take up space!!!....Or have you not noticed the lack of housing?!?...And I think it isn't really just asylum seekers that he's talking about.

I'm sure he includes Illegal immagrants that are then not deported etc.....If you haven't noticed this county is a pushover, It should get far tougher with Immigration and a lot of the the EU's (and UNs) shitter policies.

I also find that BNP remark rather offencive!!

There's really no need to be concerned though, is there? It's a non-existent entity outside boardrooms and local Conservative associations.

But but I'm a supporter of New Labour. And we are very different to the Tories. Just today I read about a leading cabinet member bad mouthing the education reforms. Oh no wait that was John Prescott... the Deputy PM. :wink:

You can tell the bloody asylum seekers are grateful for work they've always got a bloody great grin on their faces. Bet they're smiling about how much they rob from us cheeky bloody sods. All they're good for in my book is kebabs

They still take up space!!!....Or have you not noticed the lack of housing?!?...And I think it isn't really just asylum seekers that he's talking about.

I'm sure he includes Illegal immagrants that are then not deported etc.....If you haven't noticed this county is a pushover, It should get far tougher with Immigration and a lot of the the EU's (and UNs) shitter policies.

I don't deny that the immigration situation in this country needs a good looking over, but I don't think it warrants a "send them all back" attitude.

I also find that BNP remark rather offencive!!

Why? His post sounded identical to BNP rhetoric.

You can tell the bloody asylum seekers are grateful for work they've always got a bloody great grin on their faces. Bet they're smiling about how much they rob from us cheeky bloody sods. All they're good for in my book is kebabs

I think I'm pretty much done with this topic. I don't think I want to bother wasting my time on deaf ears. If you engage in a decent debate with well constructed points, I'd be glad to continue. However, if all we're going to see is sub-Daily Sun level racism, I'll spend my time more constructively by hammering nails into my dick.