NEurope
mike-zim

Politically Correct?

Fuck it.

Let's just kill any and all non-white, non-Christian, non-Middle Class people and then we won't have to deal with this issue of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS that PLAGUES our lives.

Seriously, have you ever been asked to change? You just read about it on the internet numnuts!

Fuck it.

Let's just kill any and all non-white, non-Christian, non-Middle Class people and then we won't have to deal with this issue of POLITICAL CORRECTNESS that PLAGUES our lives.

Seriously, have you ever been asked to change? You just read about it on the internet numnuts!

obviousely someone who has not read most of the posts on here.

and no we have never been ASKED to change. it would have been nice to have had the choice.

Fuck it.

Finally a good idea in this thread

What really pisses me off is when black people call each other 'nigga' it is fine, but no other race can. Isnt that also being racist to other races? I think so.

edit: I am white by the way, and I'll tell you a true story which happened the other day.

Me and my white friend( who happens to be quarter asian, but still is and looks white for some reason.) were walking down the corridor at college when we heard an asian dude say " I'm not racist, but I just dont like white people."

That is supposedly racist, but both me and my friend werent offended by it. I dont understand why people get offended when they get called a name like " you black bastered". Why dont people just say " yes that is my colour, and your point is exactly?"

maybe its just me.....

edit 2: I think this is the most i have ever typed on a post before. Yay :hehe:

When the law was passed that parrents were not allows to discipline their children with a "smack" (i am not talking about beating a child i mean a smack on the backside every now and again when deserved) they said well look there is no social decline. there were people who said that it would cause social problems if the law was passed. but the emidiate effect was minor. now a fair few years later what do we have? youths running around stealing cars, breaking into house, beating up old people. how many of them have ever had a "smack" i would guess the minority. no values are instilled in them with out the reinforcement of punishment for doing wrong they spiral out of control.

right, so children who haven't been beaten, or had a "smack every once in a while" have no values? this thread gets more and more bizarre every time i read it.

p.s) haver, don't forget about women and homosexuals too :heh:

we are talking about the word Nigga not Nigger because they are totally different ask most people of african origin. i dont want to say black or i might get branded as a racist.

edit: i was talking about the reinforcement of values. what i am saying is that it is a contributing factor. i got a smack when i did thing that i shouldnt and i have never been in trouble with the police, i have never taken drugs, i am on my way to being a fully qualified accountant. so i do think it is a contributing factor

I personally dont believe that society on the whole has evolved. People are always saying "in this day and age", alot of the youth today has no respect for anything and so believe they can do anything. The police, schools and parents are being increasingly restrained and targetted for doing their job. The fact is the people fighting for the "rights" of the youth are being impaled on their own sword really. My Dad is 60 this year and he was strict when i was younger, but i see kids these days answering back, bullying and hitting their own parents, wtf is all that about, if i hit my mum, my dad would knock me into next week. I now understand why he did what he did. it wasnt excessive or regular, he just reinforced the fact that if i did something wrong then there are consequences.

There is no universal balance that the government can legislate, but they're not going to get anywhere if they ban all of theoptions that parents, teachers, police etc have.

edit: i was talking about the reinforcement of values. what i am saying is that it is a contributing factor. i got a smack when i did thing that i shouldnt and i have never been in trouble with the police, i have never taken drugs, i am on my way to being a fully qualified accountant. so i do think it is a contributing factor

i know people who were abused as children and it fucked them up a hell of a lot more than not getting a smack does. it's pretty sad that some adults know no other way to discipline their children other than physical violence.

you obviously cant see where i am coming from so there is no point trying to explain it. for the record i was not talking about child abuse.

edit: navahom knows exactly the point i was trying to make thank you

but where exactly does one draw the line? there have been cases before where parents/legal guardians have gotten away with child abuse because of the ambiguities of the law. it's great that you had parents that knew where discipline ended and abuse started, but not everyone is so privileged. you and many others in this thread seem to be speaking from a very precious middle-class perspective, seemingly unaware of the wonders the civil rights movements of the past century. your life may be a tiny smidgen harder but i doubt you've ever experienced anything like blacks, muslims or gays did before political correctness came to the fore. you need to rememeber that your inconvenience is nothing compared to that which the victims of the slave trade suffered.

1) is everything going to comeback to the slave trade? what are we meant to do? we can not change what happended back then. if we are to be held accountable for it then lets go back to when napolian was a tyrant and claim that the french owe us something.

2) i lived in a little country called Zimbabwe for 16years. some of you might have heard about White farmers being killed beaten and arrested because they were white. what was done about that? nothing. i know what it is like to be a target of intense racial abuse but because i was white and african as soon as i go to england i was branded as the racist.

Changing the names of things is not going to stop racism or anything else. this whole thread is about the rediculouse nature of the PC movement. i agree that some things were needed. but lets all live by the same rules.

funny how a white kid gets attacked by 3 asians and that is an assualt. reverse the situation and it is a racial attack. that is the problem.

PC is getting out of control. people should not be racist i agree. all religions must be respected i agree. men and women should have the same rights i agree. but how is changing Christmas lights to winter lights doing that?

the slave trade is definitely something we should remember, and just because i'm disgusted at the racism that black people suffered does not mean i'm not shocked at what's happening in africa now. i think we all agree that political correctness can get out of hand, but i just don't think that we should therefore devalue the whole movement and forget all the good things that have come from it. basically the gist of my point is that it's silly for the white middle-class of britain to refuse to compromise some of their own rights when we have so greatly compromised the rights of so many others in our history. the abuses that others have suffered at our hands should not be forgotten, this is about more than just christmas lights.

No it is about christmas lights. that is what the thread is about. the rediculouse things that are coming out in the name of PC. i dont think 1 person who has posted here would disagree that the slave trade was wrong. but we can not be held accountable for things that happened over 100 years ago. look into african history. i tell you the same morals where inplace there as well. so should we tell a descendent of 1 tribe that they are accountable for the attrosities his/her ancestors committed over 150 years ago?

you're twisting my point. we're not accountable, but we should never forget. pc is sometimes abused but there's no point even considering the possibility that it's heart isn't in the right place.

upon reading i suppose i did twist your point, just as mine was twisted about the children being "smacked", my appologies. but i have enjoyed the debate although we still disagree you are very intelligent with your argument.

As long as there is willingness to understand and respect, there will always be hope.

Human nature has always been the strongest and weakest point of us throughout history

that really pisses me off. i say what should happen is yobs like that should be sentenced to 1 month of old style army training. if they come out and reoffend they should be sent back. the police need more power.

What really pisses me off is when black people call each other 'nigga' it is fine, but no other race can.

Tell me about it. In an ideal world you'd be free to call them exactly what you feel like calling them.

I get pissed off by people thinking bad of me when I want to use racial slurs too.

me and my old friend were racist to each other all the time

i once said to them

"i could of went to latimer school, so posh and full of white folks, but instead i had to settle with you fucking niggers"

they then told me to go back to iraq

and i told them to weave me a jumper from freshly picked cotton

ohhh those were the days

Oh man. When I was in Paris with some uni friends we were next door to these hot American girls. One nighty they invited us round for drinks. Anyway the conversation was all quite jovial and everything a cultural exchange if you will. Then one of the girls said something about wiggers. Me thinking I would come across as smart by informing this person were the phrase came from said "Oh yes those are white people who think they are niggers".

The room when silent and I literally couldn't believe what I said. Luckily instaed of thinking I was a member of the KKK she realised I was a silly englishman she sweetly said "We dont say that word in our country". Luckily the convosation moved on and the wine flowed. But my friends still remind me of that disaster. I wouldnt really blame that on political correctness as the word nigger is just nasty. I would blame it on alchol and myself :heh:

This whole "why can't I say nigger" dispute is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard.

Feel free to say it if you want. I'm not going to stop you. But just think about:

1.) It's relative. It's seen as a perojative when used between contrasting persons, but there's a level of irony when said between those under the same conditions. Like it or not, it's true.

2.) Why would you want to say it? It's a stupid term regardless of who says it.

This whole "why can't I say nigger" dispute is one of the stupidest arguments I've ever heard.

Feel free to say it if you want. I'm not going to stop you. But just think about:

1.) It's relative. It's seen as a perojative when used between contrasting persons, but there's a level of irony when said between those under the same conditions. Like it or not, it's true.

2.) Why would you want to say it? It's a stupid term regardless of who says it.

very true, its not a question if if your allowed to say it, its when you can say it. you can say it here for instance, but walking in brixton for instance , u too can say it, but dont expect to say it, or any other word ever again...