N-Europe

blink-182 - 3 years since the breakup

Adrian DX

Woah... Then its actually possible you saw their last show ever.

2004.12.16 - blink-182 Live @ European Tour (2nd Leg) '04, The Point Theatre, Dublin, Ireland, UK

was their last show ever.

I was actually planning to go to the show two days before (2004.12.14 - blink-182 Live @ European Tour (2nd Leg) '04, Carling Academy, London, UK)

But my mom said that we could wait till' next year and said something along the lines of "Its not like they're gonna stop playing".

Ironic...

really? I never noticed that, i think it was that show, date seems familiar, i'm certain it was in December.... i still got my ticket somewhere, will look at it when i get home, though i didn't realise it was the last gig of tour?

I might have pics of the gig hidden away somewhere too...will have to root them out

Woah... Then its actually possible you saw their last show ever.

2004.12.16 - blink-182 Live @ European Tour (2nd Leg) '04, The Point Theatre, Dublin, Ireland, UK

was their last show ever.

I was actually planning to go to the show two days before (2004.12.14 - blink-182 Live @ European Tour (2nd Leg) '04, Carling Academy, London, UK)

But my mom said that we could wait till' next year and said something along the lines of "Its not like they're gonna stop playing".

Ironic...

Edit:

Just noticed something in your post..... in bold up there.....did you copy and paste from somewhere? (Prolly an american website if so).

Cause Ireland is not part of the UK :mad:

really? I never noticed that, i think it was that show, date seems familiar, i'm certain it was in December.... i still got my ticket somewhere, will look at it when i get home, though i didn't realise it was the last gig of tour?

I might have pics of the gig hidden away somewhere too...will have to root them out

Edit:

Just noticed something in your post..... in bold up there.....did you copy and paste from somewhere? (Prolly an american website if so).

Cause Ireland is not part of the UK :mad:

Hahah, yeah I noticed. Yeah its from a near-complete list I have of all blink shows played from 1994-2004. Prolly written by americans, as you said xD

Oh and my Europe Tour 2004 T-Shirt sort of confirms it, Dublin seems to have been the last show. Strange of them to end the tour in Dublin out of all places indeed. But it's probably because it was the first time they played there? I dunno.

And dude, would be sweet if you found pictures you took from that gig and would be willing to share =)

One of my HDs just crashed, taking away tons of stuff (including all my thousands of blink pics) so a little something to get the collection started again would be nice.: peace:

Used to love Blink, Violence is one of my favourite songs, not quite as into their older stuff as I used to be.

Love AVA, some really good tracks on the new album in particular, Lifeline being one of them. Delonge's voice has also improved a lot since Blink. I saw them live last year, was fantastic.

I do like +44, although I am particularly amused by Mark Hoppus 'slamming' Tom for doing a cover (just a slow cover by himself) of a couple of Blink songs, only to get his band do a full cover of some of Blinks biggest songs. Pretty good music though, and I'm looking forward to hearing some new stuff from them.

Love AVA, some really good tracks on the new album in particular, Lifeline being one of them. Delonge's voice has also improved a lot since Blink. I saw them live last year, was fantastic.

On videos iv seen and at leeds festival last year angels and airwaves were fucking terrible. Tom sounded really really bad. Tons of people there had signs up saying 'we want blink back' and stuff :/

Pretty cool video of Tom playing Reckless Abandon the other day

He was brilliant when I saw them, and even my really picky friend said his voice was good. I saw videos of them at Leeds and yes they were bad.

Recent videos are really good though (for this type of band, not like 'real' singers) in particular some of the acoustic stuff they've done like the recent AOL videos are very good.

I'm personally not really bothered about seeing Blink back, but each to their own.

I love Blink 182 which is strange considering the rest of the music I listen to.

But yeah just something about them I loved and still do. I saw them 3 times and would go see them again for sure. Just loved their humour and poppy punk songs.

I got the AvA and +44 albums which were cool but they just do not compare.

My sig before my current one was a blink one made my J7. Loved that sig.

3 years damn, its been a while, can never see them getting back together to be honest and not sure I would want them to after all this time.

Hahah, yeah I noticed. Yeah its from a near-complete list I have of all blink shows played from 1994-2004. Prolly written by americans, as you said xD

Oh and my Europe Tour 2004 T-Shirt sort of confirms it, Dublin seems to have been the last show. Strange of them to end the tour in Dublin out of all places indeed. But it's probably because it was the first time they played there? I dunno.

And dude, would be sweet if you found pictures you took from that gig and would be willing to share =)

One of my HDs just crashed, taking away tons of stuff (including all my thousands of blink pics) so a little something to get the collection started again would be nice.: peace:

I found the t-shirt i bought at the gig and only realised now that it doesn't have the tour dates and venues on the back...which is likely how i didn't notice if Dublin was the last gig on the tour.... strange i always get shirts with the tour info on the back..wonder why i didn't at this one? (Prolly sold out when i got to the stall after the show)

Haven't found the pics yet, but i'm certain i have them somewhere....don't think i was that close to the stage though, but almost certain i was in the pit. Will scan them if/when i find them for you.

Hey guys, calm down. I knew that when creating a blink-182 thread there would be a lot of hate. I have no idea so many people hate this band, amongst the many different styles, genres/bands I listen to blink created the music I love the most and so I don't see why other people who are fans of the other bands I like can also like blink. The only logic solution is that people look upon blink as a popish boyband and other people decide to jump on the blink-182 hate wagon.

Anyways. I/we know you hate blink, so STFU about it and come back when you've got something nice/not directly hating to say. Aight?

P.s. I hate you f*****s: peace:

I quite like AVA & +44.

But, to be honest, I just wish they'd stop faffing about with all these different bands and come back as blink-182. Fucking please! :angry:

Couldn't agree more, buddy.

But I really love I-Empire and I guess AVA and +44 is all we're gonna get untill they hopefully one day get back together.

And woho, my post #1000 ^^,

Loved them. I quite like +44 but AVA aren't too hot, except the odd song. Box Car Racer was tonnes better.

Still, Blink were a massive band for me growing up. The last album was good, but in a different, more serious way (it wasn't emo Jordan, nowhere near). Anyway, i saw Blink 3 times i believe. Once at Reading, and twice at their own gigs, and each time was fantastic. Such a great band, both in music and personality. I dont like how Tom is now, he's changed so much, whereas Mark and Travis still seem to be pretty cool like they were.