N-Europe

Apologise to NoE

dazzybee

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The real problem is, to me, that NoE doesn't really do much here. Do you ever see anything Nintendo-ish in your everyday life? They don't advertise much, they barely have any events of any sort, and they are very bad at informing us about anything.

For example, here in Denmark there are barely any commercials for Wii or DS, there are absolutely no events at all, and stock supplies are usually low.

Also, I don't believe that the translation is what's stalling Brawl. Nay, it's probably something do to with marketing, however, I think Nintendo haven't realised just how anticipated that game is here in Europe. Sure, Mario Kart Wii will sell, however, I think people have lost a little faith in the series since MK64. Well, I think Brawl should be released before Mario Kart.

The real problem is, to me, that NoE doesn't really do much here. Do you ever see anything Nintendo-ish in your everyday life? They don't advertise much, they barely have any events of any sort, and they are very bad at informing us about anything.

For example, here in Denmark there are barely any commercials for Wii or DS, there are absolutely no events at all, and stock supplies are usually low.

Also, I don't believe that the translation is what's stalling Brawl. Nay, it's probably something do to with marketing, however, I think Nintendo haven't realised just how anticipated that game is here in Europe. Sure, Mario Kart Wii will sell, however, I think people have lost a little faith in the series since MK64. Well, I think Brawl should be released before Mario Kart.

That's exactly like it is here. No wonder PS3 rules Europe, they advertise and even fucking dub games to Portuguese!

Edit: European Portuguese!

I love how you praise them for bringing out mario kart Wii soon, all they have to do is change bowsers name from kooper to bowser... and that still takes the ages

they are just alot more unprofessional than NoJ or NoA who at least care about releaseing stuff close

Hold on a sec. We apologise to NoE? NoE better apologise to us!

Sure, they give us a rather early Mario kart, but does that excuse all the other screwups? Let's have a 'best of':

• A late Super Paper Mario
  • A late Trauma Center
  • A late Battalion Wars 2
  • A nonexisting WarioWare Twisted! (No, the mercury is no excuse. They had alternatives, but couldn't be bothered)
  • Still no Brawl date.
  • A star-for-points system that fails half of the time.
  • 50Hz games on VC?
  • No more heroes delayed... again... and censored... OK, they can't be blamed for that last one, though.

And those are just the things on top of my head. The only thing they've done us a favour with, is releasing Sin & Punishment on the VC. Those European delays are worse than multiplatformgames on PS3! PS3!!

Apologize because they are releasing a game and in exchange will get money for it?

Hold on a sec. We apologise to NoE? NoE better apologise to us!

Sure, they give us a rather early Mario kart, but does that excuse all the other screwups? Let's have a 'best of':

• A late Super Paper Mario
  • A late Trauma Center
  • A late Battalion Wars 2
  • A nonexisting WarioWare Twisted! (No, the mercury is no excuse. They had alternatives, but couldn't be bothered)
  • Still no Brawl date.
  • A star-for-points system that fails half of the time.
  • 50Hz games on VC?
  • No more heroes delayed... again... and censored... OK, they can't be blamed for that last one, though.

And those are just the things on top of my head. The only thing they've done us a favour with, is releasing Sin & Punishment on the VC. Those European delays are worse than multiplatformgames on PS3! PS3!!

The 50Hz for the VC games is what REALLY pisses me off.

I love how you praise them for bringing out mario kart Wii soon, all they have to do is change bowsers name from kooper to bowser... and that still takes the ages

they are just alot more unprofessional than NoJ or NoA who at least care about releaseing stuff close

They actually need to set up online servers too. We don't want a repeat of Mario Strikers now, do we?

Fuck I am on my own :)

I guess I just don't really care about the releases as much as you guys!!

Though I think it's hilarious how you slag off NoE not advertising, release dates etc. Do you really think they have much say about these things? They get a budget and get told when that game can come out!!! It's Nintendo whatever region we're talking.

They get a budget and get told when that game can come out!!! It's Nintendo whatever region we're talking.

Thats very true.

I think what most people are annoyed with though is the lack of respect that Nintendo gives to Europe. Dont get me wrong im glad we get Mazza Kart and Wii Fit and although its not my kind of game im sure it will sell well over here, its just that take a look at the list of titles that we had to wait for.

Paper Mario

Trauma Centre

Battalion Wars

Pokemon Revolution

Smash Bros

Fire Emblem and more that others have mentioned.

Back in the old skool days it wasnt a problem as it was very rare you would get to hear when a game got released in another country but now that we have the internet we see that we are being shafted.

Being a person who owns more than one console its even more evident that Nintendo seem to treat us with little respect. Again its mentioned in this and other threads about Microsofts ability to get RPGs out within a month on a US release which is a great thing for owners of a 360 as they dont have the pain of waiting for a game that the US has.

Sure its all down to planning and marketing etc but Nintendo should see that this is the days of the SNES where every gamer gets its news from a magazine, this is the internet age and we can now see what we are missing out on.

It might not be their fault completely but who else has responsibility for this territory? Its up to them to take this shit up to who ever is calling the shots, and demand they sort it out.

This thread just shows how uninformed people are. NoE cannot be held responsible for all 'fuckups' mentioned here.

Nintendo as a whole makes its product strategy. You should be kicking NoJ if any.

No dude, don't say NoJ you're offending them dude, NoJ sounds like a subsidiary dude, and that offends them dude, call them Nintendo dude, that isn't as offending dude.

Trauma Centre isn't anything to do with Nintendo is it?!?!

Also with Microsoft - one they don't make as many games as Nintendo. And two, they have no market in Japan so translating the game for western audience is WAY more of a priority and prob done simultaneously!!

You look at how Sony and Microsoft treat their customers, and then you look at Nintendo, with their shitty release dates, charging a premium price for what is essentially a slightly more powerful GC, and giving us inferior VC game versions, and it leaves you with a bad taste in the mouth.

A premium price for a slightly more powerful gamecube? Huh? Firstly ho is £180 a premium price? And secondly what the fuck is it being slightly more powerful gamecube got to do with the Wii - THAT'S NOT ITS POINT!!!!! Slag the DS for being barely more powerful than the N64 too if I was you.......!

Also with Microsoft - one they don't make as many games as Nintendo. And two, they have no market in Japan so translating the game for western audience is WAY more of a priority and prob done simultaneously!!

Yeah but I mentioned in another topic about how much cash Nintendo is making now so why not pour a little of that moola into getting games translated quicker.

Also consider the amount of text and voice acting that is in Lost Oddessy and regardless how its done its still a great thing for gamers that we get it near enough the same time as the yanks and it does show that they think about us Euro peeps for a change. If the Japanese gamers want to be ignorant and dismiss the western devils known as Microsoft then its their loss.

Trauma Centre isn't anything to do with Nintendo is it?!?!

Come on man, don't make up excuses for Microsoft treating us a lot better. They treat us great, and should be praised for it. Sure the 360 isn't problem free, but any problems its had, is being dealt with. Also, look at the console, it's one powerful fucker, and cheap compared to the Wii. There's already a shit load of old games on Xbox Live arcade which have been upgraded graphically, and had achievements, and online play added, plus XBOX games are buyable for like 6 or so quid!!! Makes some N64 games on the VC look really sad. Why don't they do something cool like rereleasing old GC games for download, and give us a HD support to store them on? They really fuck their customers over compared to Microsoft.

Yeah I join the general consensus in saying NOE SUCK. I didn't pre-order the magically appearing Mario Kart. I pre ordered smash bros brawl. Which I now have to sit on for who knows how many months. And make sure I have the cash in the bank when they decided to bring it out. NOE watch should live again.

A premium price for a slightly more powerful gamecube? Huh? Firstly ho is £180 a premium price? And secondly what the fuck is it being slightly more powerful gamecube got to do with the Wii - THAT'S NOT ITS POINT!!!!! Slag the DS for being barely more powerful than the N64 too if I was you.......!

£180 is a premium price when you consider how much the 360 and PS3 cost and how powerful they are. The DS is a hand held, so your point is flawed. If Nintendo wanted to release a slightlky more powerful GC - fine, just price it about 100 quid or something.

There's no point debating with you, you're clearly a massive fanboy.

I'm not gonna argue the price of the Wii its simple economics, in terms of raw production its a rip off, but as long as there is this amount of demand they wont price it cheaper. The same goes to the VC games.

As for Microsoft, they're a lot more used to being a global company and to give global support.

I think the very fact he wants us to apologize to Nintendo because they are releasing Mario Kart about the same time as in other regions, only goes to show how badly Nintendo are fucking us over. If you tried a thread like this over on the Xbox forums, you'd get a bunch of replies saying, "so what, don't they do that all of the time anyway?"