NEurope
Hem

100 Years From Now...

...Does it ever freak you out that no one you know on this earth will probably be alive in 100 years?

It depends on if I'm still alive, but if you have kids that hopefully not true.

Yes, lots. But it mostly freaks me out that I won't be around to see that no one else I know is around. If only life were as simple as when I was a child, when time seemed endless and growing up to become a toy seemed so possible.

But now I spend my days longing for a woman, because I think it will make me feel content with the world and not worry so much that i'll be dead someday, but I know that i'm just too nihilistic to ever truly care about my life or be proud of the things that I have done.

Yes, lots. But it mostly freaks me out that I won't be around to see that no one else I know is around. If only life were as simple as when I was a child, when time seemed endless and growing up to become a toy seemed so possible.

But now I spend my days longing for a woman, because I think it will make me feel content with the world and not worry so much that i'll be dead someday, but I know that i'm just too nihilistic to ever truly care about my life or be proud of the things that I have done.

That's about it from me, too. Except the girl part.

...Does it ever freak you out that no one you know on this earth will probably be alive in 100 years?

Yes.

It's my greatest fear; Death.

Sometimes it keeps me up at night.

Why would I care, I'll be long dead by then.

Not really. I'll be happy seeing my children and grandchildren take the baton of life. It is our destiny to die, but humanity survives by passing on.

Maybe we will still be alive, cryogenic freezing might become a real thing (futurama anyone? XD)

(i'm aware the feasibility of this is probably zero.)

Haha Paris Hilton said she wants to be cryogenically (Or however its spelt) when shes 80. Why would you want to do that? Be reawoken when you've lost your good looks and are about to die as soon as they unfreeze you. Clever.

I don't really care about 100 years, I care about now =] and what I'm having for dinner.

Haha Paris Hilton said she wants to be cryogenically (Or however its spelt) when shes 80. Why would you want to do that? Be reawoken when you've lost your good looks and are about to die as soon as they unfreeze you. Clever.

I don't really care about 100 years, I care about now =] and what I'm having for dinner.

If she lives til 80 :indeed:

If she lives til 80 :indeed:

I want to see if she turns from a gilf to a gilf. (Girl to granny) :)

She may be stupid as hell, but she sure is pretty =]

In 100 years time, I wonder how we will have solved the fuel problem O.o

As long as I'm happy with what I've done with my life I don't really care about death.

I care more about people I know dying.

We are all going to die anyway, might as well enjoy the ride!

Well it's not technically true, I have a 1yr old Neice who has a small chance of being alive at 101.

What really freaks me out is that it will be the year 2108 and that sounds like space travel time to me.

Well, I once saw a woman who was 111 years old, so...

Not everyone will be dead for certain.

Yeah but 99% of your male friends will be ^ Genetically men mostly die before woman right?

To be honest, the concept of death scares the fuck out of me. Sure, like Rokkhed says you wont know anything about it so why does it scare you. But imo that is a state of mind you only develop when you get a bit older, at this stage in my life the thought of dying seems like the worst shit in the entire world.

Maybe we will still be alive, cryogenic freezing might become a real thing (futurama anyone? XD)

(i'm aware the feasibility of this is probably zero.)

Australian scientissts made a breakthrough last year and said cryogenic hibernation will be viable in 30 years.

Well, i wouldn't mind being alive in 100 years time, but the chances are that i won't be alive by then, but hopefully any kids that i have should be or even the grandkids should be.

But, what will the world be like in 100 years. 100 years ago, there was none of this modern technology and no-one gave two hoots about the environment nor was there much safety. Now, we have all of the above and more.

I don't think no one I know will be alive in 100 years. There are always people you know.

Life and Death are the basic concepts of this world. I see it as a natural part of life that eventually people around me and I as well will die.

I wish I'd of been born about 100 or so years from now so I'd have gotten to experience all the stuff like people going to mars, or space tourism etc. But no, that idea doesn't freak me out at all.

My mum was talking about the world ending soon the other day too, like if we could get wiped out like the dinosaurs. It was much sillier than that, but that's what you get with mums, they're ridiculous!

Tbh, I'm not bothered, I'm more worried about the next 20-50 years, I wonder if I'll be alive in 50 years! That's a strange thought, I wanna be like Patrick and Jim(minus the stroke plz) from Eastenders if I am. I don't care for all these predictions much either, it's 8 years later and I'm still waiting on the Transformers.

As long as something good scientifically good comes along then I'll happily die after experiencing it.

Teleporting, a colony on mars/the moon, invisibility. Whatever.

I suppose we'll all be dead before then anyway with Global Warming...