NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
system_error

TV/Movie/Shoe problem

Okay that issue come just to my mind after watching some TV when I got back from cinema.

Why do people always wear shoes in their rooms in 99% of all TV shows, movies, whatever? That is sooo annoying nobody does that all the time - I even watched a documentary about a family and all family members had shoes in their living room.

Movies become even more realistic when it comes to explosions, stunts and other stuff but people still wear shoes while eating. That is soo abnormal!

People do wear shoes around the home, it happens.

But not all the time! Or do you feel comfortable wearing high-heels when you read a book on your couch? While making dinner?

I wouldn't have a problem but the actors always wear shoes!

But not all the time! Or do you feel comfortable wearing high-heels when you read a book on your couch? While making dinner?

I wouldn't have a problem but the actors always wear shoes!

i dont think ashley would wear high heels! and i wouldn't round the house either, nice comfy trainers or sumthin!

I can't say I do wear my high heels while reading on the couch, I save them for special occassions.

Each to their own. As Monopolyman said, he finds it more comfortable I don't. Personally I prefer being barefoot. Theres something weird and interesting (to me) about it being the only body part that remains constantly attached (well normally, bar jumping/lying down etc) to the world around you. I blame Joss Whedon.

I never noticed really...I just notice every actor has great teeth and really white too..even in movies about medival times n_n. I doubt they had toothpaste back then...(or a good dentist for that matter)

Also after explosions and whatnot, everyones hair is still looking great n_n

My family doesn't wear shoes around the house. It makes carpets dirty, simple as.

My family doesn't wear shoes around the house. It makes carpets dirty, simple as.

Plus, when some idiot walks in dog shit..

I don't care what I wear at home. If I've been wearing trainers for something, I'll keep them on. When I get home from school I get changed and don't put any shoes on afterwords. I never wear shoes after having a bath though - bare feet ahoy!

I always have bare feet, I put on socks when guyests arrive, or my Mr. Men slippers!

See I think thats our reason, but then we have dogs so it all goes to pot.

Well, I wear shoes a lot in my house. Unless I actually need to take them off, I don't bother. Then again, if I don't have them on, I don't bother putting them on unless I need to. For this, most of the time I am wearing shoes/trainers. I get pretty pissed off when I go to someone's house and my friend's mom barks at me telling me to go out and take off my shoes. Lack of respect in my opinion.

Well, I wear shoes a lot in my house. Unless I actually need to take them off, I don't bother. Then again, if I don't have them on, I don't bother putting them on unless I need to. For this, most of the time I am wearing shoes/trainers. I get pretty pissed off when I go to someone's house and my friend's mom barks at me telling me to go out and take off my shoes. Lack of respect in my opinion.

So somebody not wanting you to mucky their floor whilst at their house is being disrespectful then?

i take my shoes off in the porch and walk around shoe free in my house, always been the way, been brought up to do it. But a few of my friends do where shoes around the house infact at my ex girlfriends house the only time we took our shoes/trainers off was when we got into bed.

So somebody not wanting you to mucky their floor whilst at their house is being disrespectful then?

Yes. ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ' ''' ' '

Thats exactly what I do, unless I need to take them off I don't bother, usually the fact that I've been at work for 8 hours + means I am used to them being there and too be honest can't be bothered to take them off (unless of course they are actually dirty, etc in which case I would do).

Also if I do take them off and leave them lying around hte house quite often they'll go 'missing' as one my dogs likes to just walk around witht hem and leave them in weird places (oh well, at least she isn't ripping them to shreds anymore!)

its important to maintain a slightly dirty environment. too clean = allegies, too dirty = mega evil illness, and just generally unpleasant, and inconsiderate to any guests (who would likely have weaker immune systems than your hardened system)

personally, I find shoes weird full stop, I enjoy walking round barefoot (although not on glass, or dog turd) but you get weird looks if you try that.

as for wearing shoes in the house, I don't if

1)people of the house either are very anti shoe in house, or maybe

2)shoes caked in dirt

3)I'm in my own home, and have sat down and intend on staying in the house.

tbh I really don't understand the shoes off idea, it seems weird and unwelcoming to me, however if thats the way people swing fair do. just make sure I don't go near them if I have a sniffle :P

Personal i consered it respectful to allways remove my shoes at anouther person house before entering, and i never were shoe's in my own house, i wouldn't want to get my mums carpet dirty, and i don't see any point in wearing shoes indoors, i have a pair of slippers (some were) and socks to keep my feet warm.

Personal i consered it respectful to allways remove my shoes at anouther person house before entering, and i never were shoe's in my own house, i wouldn't want to get my mums carpet dirty, and i don't see any point in wearing shoes indoors, i have a pair of slippers (some were) and socks to keep my feet warm.

I don't mind taking my shoes off aslong as theres a nice easy and obvious place to put them, (ie when you get to the door a rack, or just an obvious place you can see straight away.

as for the respect issue, I was reminded once (as was my friend) when for some reason we both totally forgot, we weren't yelled at, we were gently reminded. however, if the guy who was yelled at was gently reminded several times (or his friends friends are often reminded) I can understand the yelling, and would actually blame his mate for not reminding him prior to house entrance

i dont like wearing shoes indoors,just something about it i dont like, just socks or slippers for me.

What I cant stand though is playing computer games with shoes on, i don't know what it is but i just cant concertrate on the screen unless im shoeless :/

Also after explosions and whatnot, everyones hair is still looking great n_n

You never watched Rambo or Die Hard, they pretty much look like shit after a while.

Oh, and I don't wear my shoes indoors, knock that shit off, take your shoes off at the door, I don't want you treading all the crap in from outside thanks.

People that wear shoes in their houses usually have dirty houses that aren't kept that nice from my experience :P

Sign in to follow this