NEurope
ipaul

Musicians Thread

Because we probably need one :heh: Discuss all instrumental/creative parts of music here. Well the past week has been quite good for my band, we finally found a singer!! Been looking for quite some time so was nice to find one at last :)

Wanna see my guitar?

n511689748_161082_6956.jpg

Esp Ltd DV8-r. Fucking beautiful. One of the most versatile instruments I've ever played (despite the fact that it looks pure metal :heh:)

I want a new guitar. I was looking at the Ibanez RG550/570's on ebay because they have everything i want for less of the £££

Mines an epiphone g-310 at the mo. Hate the thing.

Mine's a Epiphone Les Paul Custom.

Can't really justify spending more than a few hundred on a guitar. But I love it. Will post a pic when I can be arsed.

Thats some metal hair right there Bard =P. I may well post a picture of my bass up sometime :)

C-C-C-Combo breaker!

Drummer here, i'm trying to get back into a regular routine of playing more often and improving on my own now, seing as i don't get lessons anymore.

Pianist, Saxophonist and aspiring Bassist here!

While I'm an okay musician my own instruments are probably nothing to brag about.

Pianist, Saxophonist and aspiring Bassist here!

While I'm an okay musician my own instruments are probably nothing to brag about.

This one makes a nice change of instruments, don't see many Saxophonists around.

I think I'm gonna get a Keyboard and hook it up to my Mac in the next few months. Create some tunes on my own, see where it leads too.

Anyone done this before?

Used to play the violin a few years back, I was pretty good, but then when I was able to stop, I did.

Wanna see my guitar?

n511689748_161082_6956.jpg

Esp Ltd DV8-r. Fucking beautiful. One of the most versatile instruments I've ever played (despite the fact that it looks pure metal :heh:)

A friend has that one in white, it's awesome.

Currently playing drums in a band with my flatmates, but still making music on the side using any old thing; synths, guitar, bass, fruityloops, milk frothers.

I've got some stuff on myspace, if anyone is interested.

I play nothing, but I might start to play violin or cello :) (Thinking of apocalyptica here, awesome!)

I'm primarily a guitarist, but I flirt a bit with piano and bass guitar now and again.

Technically I'm not very skilled, but I think I have a good feel for my instrument. My songwriting tends to be based on intuition rather than anything consciously theoretical.

/music related joke/ What do you get if you drop a piano down a mineshaft? A flat minor! Hohoho....

Anyway I should be getting piano lessons soon, not only a new instrument but also counts towards my hours of creativity I need to rack up for my course. The good thing about this is we already have a nice electric piano, it's a bit dated now but feels way better than a cheapo keyboard.

I play:

Guitar - classical/acoustic

Bass

Piano

Drums

I have an ESP M100, Tanglewood and Yamaha acoustics, a handcrafted La Patrie Classical from Canada and a jembae drum from The Gambia (Africa).

I love my music.

Write a lot, play a lot. In fact I'm going to miss my guitars when I go travelling. I know I could bring one with me but I decided against it. Just gonna get a nice cheap one when I arrive.

I'm primarily a guitarist, but since my acquisition of a Drum Kit at Christmas i've been learning my way through some drum techniques. Although not that much I must say... :hmm:

Hahaha! Thats some of the best use of white text I've seen. To piano players; How hard is it to learn to play from reading the music?

My sister wants me to start a band with her boyfriend's sister (who is my age), but I'm not too keen since it would be kinda awkward.

And, I'm a shit guitar player.

I play...

Piano - I love playing Chopin. I only really play classical.

Guitar

683953054_1f83395c0f.jpg

Korean Drums

2139687714_345c74a037.jpg

I know I posted them in the purchase thread but I just bought some Technics decks!!

2232632423_6ae2760047_o.jpg

They come on Saturday!! :yay:

I need to get a mixer but I don't know what to get...

Hahaha! Thats some of the best use of white text I've seen. To piano players; How hard is it to learn to play from reading the music?

Get kids books and its easy. There are plenty on the market.

I play piano, keyboard and guitar. I'm an accomplished songwriter and have played in a fair few bands. I love music so so so much it is unreal.

I've got loads of self-penned songs and they all come from different times in my life and I guess it's just great to crack a song out and it means something to you but just sounds good to the listener. It's all just emotional breathing space to me. I'll deffo post some of my songs at a later date.

I play nothing, but I might start to play violin or cello :) (Thinking of apocalyptica here, awesome!)

I say cello, it's such a beautiful sound.

Not saying violin isn't, though........