NEurope
Slaggis

I've Never Felt So Angry!

@Fish - I said I'd like to, I wouldn't actually punch him. :) - I'm just petrified of losing the future I want because of the crappy british legal system.

It's not the legal system. It's more likely that the solicitor of the accused has tried to find anything to suggest it didn't happen, and dug up this.

The one without, but it doesn's matter! You will not get charged with wasting police time unless they can demonstrate you or those that you say threatened you were not there. You've been assaulted and threatened enough, and you were, provably, in the area, making your accusations highly plausible.

Thats what I think, BUT the police officer said there is a CHANCE it may get taken further. I don't care if it's a 0.00001% chance, if there's a chance I don't want to risk my future on it.

@Fish - Nope, you've got the situation wrong. The people doing this were never arrested. The police never got hold of them, because they kept turning up 3 hours after I called them. The caretaker was only just asked (3 months on) about this, which is why it's happening now.

You could always take the fine and not pay it because they wont bother following it up.

That is the worst idea I've heard all day. The police think you may be wasting there time, so you'll making it right by being in contempt of court. Awesome. :indeed:

Thats what I think, BUT the police officer said there is a CHANCE it may get taken further. I don't care if it's a 0.00001% chance, if there's a chance I don't want to risk my future on it.

If you are telling the truth, then they can take it where ever the hell they like, but they can't prove you're lying.

@Fish - Nope, you've got the situation wrong. The people doing this were never arrested. The police never god hold of them, because they kept turning up 3 hours after I called them. The caretaker was only just asked (3 months on) about this, which is why it's happening now.

Which, may I ask, constabulary is it?

And don't say 'a bunch of useless snails...' :indeed:

If you are telling the truth, then they can take it where ever the hell they like, but they can't prove you're lying.

Which, may I ask, constabulary is it?

And don't say 'a bunch of useless snails...' :indeed:

North Yorkshire Police. (Ryedale)

I know. I understand that. The fact I'm telling the truth should be enough to stop this crap happening in the first place. But when a police officer tells you the best thing to do is just pay a fine and just say I'm lying to get it over with because there's a chance it will go further, it's a little worrying.

North Yorkshire Police.

I know. I understand that. The fact I'm telling the truth should be enough to stop this crap happening in the first place. But when a police officer tells you the best thing to do is just pay a fine and just say I'm lying to get it over with because there's a chance it will go further, it's a little worrying.

I shall make a mental note of that, and remember to never get mugged in Scarborough... :indeed:

The copper is right, it is the easier option. However, the cheaper, and infinitely more just one, is to deny you are lying.

However, the cheaper, and infinitely more just one, is to deny you are lying.

....Ie tell the truth. :blank:

I don't know what to say, apart from 'This is all bullshit what's happening to you.'

Honestly, there's never been such an incident like this that I've heard of happen to somebody I know, or in my neighbourhood. So I don't have anyway to help, apart from share your rage... :nono::angry::(

Honestly, there's never been such an incident like this that I've heard of happen to somebody I know, or in my neighbourhood. So I don't have anyway to help, apart from share your rage... :nono::angry::(

Aye, the Villan has managed to write out how I feel regarding this Haggis. Id offer my ears and eyes anytime on MSN, but thats screwing us over too. :(

That is the worst idea I've heard all day. The police think you may be wasting there time, so you'll making it right by being in contempt of court. Awesome. :indeed:

IF we presume the police are correct and he wouldn't receive a record there wouldnt be a court case therefore no contempt of it, seriously, you think the police care if some kid dosent pay his 80 quid fine, they really dont. But yeah, the caretaker has no evidence to back them up, so just fight it man.

Keep telling the truth...

You take the fine, then if naything esle happens they'll just be thinking you're still lying :/

Let's face it, who would believe a gyppo. He's a 50 year old man whos are caretaker, great. What a fucking failure. Fair enough he he was a well respected man. But, this guy is at the bottom of the ladder in terms of a job. I doubt he can remember where he lives, never mind if he locked a door months ago.

Go with the truth, don't back down. Just put your heart into it and you will prevail. But never let the <unts win.

Theres no evidence either way, its just one persons word against another, surely theres not enough evidence to come to any conclusion either way.

________

Professional liability insurance forums

Edited by fex

What utter, utter bollocks! :mad:

I definately share you're anger at this. I mean what the hell have you done wrong? A crime happened and you reported it. I mean the police would never say to an old lady who got mugged "sorry, we found this guy who says he's usually around that area about that time and he didn't see or hear anything, so you're lying." so why should this be any different? Utter bullshit. I say fight it. If it goes to court I would be very, very surprised if any judge presented with the case would go against you. There is absolutely no incontrovertible evidence that you're lying, plus there is plenty of evidence you were at the place you said you were at the time of the attack and plenty of evidence that you have been attacked in the past and harassed. Kick up a fuss, go to the paper and lodge an official complaint of both school and police incompetence and I bet you any money they'll soon change their tune.

Fight it. They cannot prove you're lying.

Though do tell your entire story here.

I wouldn't take the fine and call it quits, nor would I go to court because of some stupid Caretaker.

You've fought this hard and long to have a good future and career

oportunities you should do as others said; go to Citizen advice.

Maybe you should go talk to the Caretaker with your parents. Force him to tell the truth, he's probably just scared of the kids who did this to you. Try to convince him that he won't get battered.

Even try to finf if there were any camera around the place any of this happened. Video footage can't be overlooked.

If I was in the same situation I'd find out where the guys lived and done something to them individually. Something worthy of a criminal record...heh.

yeah, id say get the press involved. i know the express hate the police, talk to them (as long as your white).

i want to say fight it, but in your position, i see more risk in the fight. £80 and loss of pride sucks, but if you go along with it you get the life you want.

its a tough call, listen too your heart.

Go on with it, someone has to pay. Jesus, I'm so mad with this and it isn't even with me, I'd probably go Vtec on the cops family.

Give in, get a good life, and lose your soul.

Don't pay the fine, it may be the easy way out for you, but it's also the easy way out for the police, that's why they are threatening you with a criminal record if you don't pay it. The police love to threaten people with something heavier to make you admit to a lesser charge, whether you did it or not. Seriously, they don't have a leg to stand on if you don't pay the fine.

What they are telling you is BS dude. You need to contact a lawyer. You need to sue the school for gross incompotence, then you need to sue the police also. You need to contact your local paper, then one of the tabloids, they love making the police look bad.

The police who saw you should have a record of everything that was said, if not the meeting never happened. You want a written and signed copy of everything they say, if they refuse you can tell them to get out. With them saying "Its easier to lie" you can get them royaly fucked.

Dont lie down and them them butt fuck you. Fight them, then earn yourself a few quid.

What I don't get is, isn't the burden of proof on the police, and all they have is a caretaker who says he locked the door, and it has been mentioned a few times in this thread that he may be an unreliable witness. On top of that, you'd need definite proof that the door was locked at that time as well, right?

Yeah, fight it.

I understand nothing about how this works legally, but I advise you speak to someone who does, seeing as I fail to see a way in which they can prove what isn't true beyond reasonable doubt.

The one problem I can see if you just give up and say you were lying is if you continue to get threatened after. The police wont take you seriously (even less so than they are now) and that could land you in even hotter water with these 'tards that are being violent.