NEurope
welsh_gamer

Have you ever met anyone off the Internet?

Would you?

Have you?

Were they a psycho or nothing like you expected them to be?

Are you still friends with them, or maybe more? :wink:

Did you go alone, or take some security?

Is it a good way of meeting new people?

I have, but not in a while now. Met up with four girls, when I was between 16and 18 years of age, and I had a nice relationship with one them and still chat to one of the others on MSN regularly. Didn't take anyone with me, as I made sure we met in a public place. More recently, I have just been recognized by a few people from some Internet profiles I have, which is kinda creepy but we just have a nice casual chat usually. I think it's a great way of meeting new people, as in school, college, work etc your limited to the people who are there, but with the web you have the whole world at your fingertips.

I can imagine some of you being psychos but i'm not saying names or giving any white text......serious:)

i have. he was a friend of a friend from her uni... we were talking online for ages and i was planning to go out for my birthday with our mutual friend and a load of my other friends too... so i thought it'd be a good opportunity to meet him ~ hooboy... my friend pulled out at the last minute, and because another friend couldnt stay at my house as well, it ended up being just me and this guy staying at mine. which was ok... but he ended up telling me he liked me (in a REALLY letchy way...) which made me really uncomfortable... so tbh i was really glad when he left =____= although that was even worse 'cause even though i'd politely told him i wasnt interested he still tried to kiss me on the train platform, then sent me a text before i'd even gotten back to my car saying i made his heart ache and he couldnt wait to see me again... *cringe* havent spoken to him since - he got weirder.

:nono: always with the stalkers, me.

jamba.. (--__^)

I met quite a few at a LAN event. Was cool, met up with some people at an Arsenal match once as well. I'm old enough and ugly enough to take care of myself, so the threat of stalkers or what not doesn't bother me.

I met a guy from here a few years ago (his username was Nintybloke, doesn't post here anymore though) and then again in the Summer. Meeting him again when I'm down in London in the beginning of January.

Also met ShadowV7 and Zero at the Wii launch in Stirling this time last year.

I've probably seen CVD about the place as he's also at strathclyde, 2 years above me though.

Sooj is in my law lecture, I've seen him but never actually spoken to him.

I met Letty and said hello to demonmike (I think it was him, can't remember too well).

That's it really.

Not intentionally, but I've bumped in to a few from here, Platty, Dom, Jav, Master Tim, Wildo, Dabookerman, probably a couple of others I don't remember.

Plan on meeting up with a few people I've been talking to for a while in the new year, should be fun.

Hopefully meeting someone I started speaking to 3 years ago some time over the next year. She's going to uni not too far from me and now I can drive it'll be a lot easier.

I've met with a few people, couple are mates still, one is a really good friend and the rest were just meet-ups for fun.

I met Mr_Odwin, he's a nice house guest. Brought Celebrations and Schloer, and even made his bed in the morning.

A++

Met shorty the day we moved into rooms next to each other at halls.

Now we live together. Clearly love at first sight :P

Also met ashley! And thassit...

I will be meeting some next year.

o rly.

So will I. We should meet up

I never have. Because I'm always skint, I don't have any dosh to afford it.

But there are some chaps here who are based in Brum. When I've got money, I'd like to meet you chaps. :smile:

To add; I'm still up for a meet-up in teh summer. Perhaps a flash-mob sort of thing where we all just turn up to a park with picnicking wares someplace.

To add; I'm still up for a meet-up in teh summer. Perhaps a flash-mob sort of thing where we all just turn up to a park with picnicking wares someplace.

I say Alton Towers. It's in middle of the country and is great fun.

Don't normally do sex in public, but go on then.

I've spoken to people on a forum for my college before actually going and meeting them... does that count?