Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Duke Nukem Forever!

AshMat

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it really that bad? I've been considering pre-ordering it, but there's really no solid opinions of it out there.

Yeah man, it was straight up dick. Imagine a modern version of Duke Nukem 3D except without the benefit of nostalgia or the initial novelty of flushing the shitter and shooting pool with demented physics and getting a kick out of it. On top of that, it, graphically, not to mention in terms of art design looks about on par with the Serious Sam games, and has no place in this decade.

Gearbox's otherwise pristine rep is being beshitted by association with this malodourous turd of a game.

I enjoyed it, it felt like Duke Nukem to me, it was really short though.

This is the problem. Duke Nukem is from the era when Bart Simpson was offensive. Fuck all that.

Edited by The Bard
Automerged Doublepost

I remember when ShopTo/TNT were delivering my 3DS. They delivered a day early but nobody was in the house, so it couldn't be signed for. So they put a note through the door saying it would be delivered the next day.

8:30PM that night, the doorbell rings. TNT decided to try to deliver the parcel again. So I still got my 3DS early.

From their reputation, a mistake from ShopTo is very rare.

My mate picked this up earlier today, looks great from what i saw.

It has a multiplayer, where you play as Duke. Everyone plays as Duke, you can customise his vest, sunglasses and earn hats. No achievements for multiplayer.

Oh, and there is an achievement for picking up a piece of poo.

Also from what i saw, combat is fluid. Plays similar to previous titles as well.

Been playing this for a few days now, really laughed when I was backstage at "the its really damn late show" or whatever its called and they had a guy yelling at this lighting technition about walking into his shot and trashing his lights like that Christian Bale incident. I got an achievement for punching him in the face...awesome. Also did anyone spot the Inception homage in the strip clup staff room? awesome sauce!

I honestly can't see why people are confused about this game. I have the PC version and it's a HUGE disappointment; especially since it's been in development for over 10 fucking years. Doom 3-like graphics, shitty controls, and atrocious AI. I like some of the humor but honestly that's all it's got going for it so far.

I honestly can't see why people are confused about this game. I have the PC version and it's a HUGE disappointment; especially since it's been in development for over 10 fucking years.

You shouldn't really consider the development time as an indication for the quality. :heh: It has been started over from scratch about three or four times in those 14(!) years. It was an utter mess.

And it's not Gearbox's fault that the game is what it is either, I'd say. There were a lot of leaked design documents and early footage after 3D Realms closed and they seemed like the game was pretty far along and contained scenes that are in the finished game. It looks like Gearbox simply tied up the loose knots and released the game. If anything they can be blamed for cashing in on the game's name. But so long as there are people enjoying it, I don't see the problem. ;)

Lol, I got an achievement for drawing a cock pic in a little boys autograph book.

Funny... I checked through all the achievements and there isn't one for that, unless I'm missing something?

Anyway, anyone else manage to get the 'Balls of Steel' achievement? I did last night, toook a while but it was worth it. :)

Funny... I checked through all the achievements and there isn't one for that, unless I'm missing something?

Anyway, anyone else manage to get the 'Balls of Steel' achievement? I did last night, toook a while but it was worth it. :)

Probably just coincidence an achievement popped up when I did it, either that or the drawing on the whiteboard achievement is given for writing in the autograph book too, as I didn't bother with the whiteboard, but still have the achievement.

Didn't really bother with the pinball, although I spent ages on the pool table trying to clear all the balls in the hopes there was an achievement for it, turned out there wasn't. :(

I'll go back and do all those things later, I'm up to the big fuck off triple breasted alien mother right now, but taking a break from the single player to unlock stuff in multiplayer.

You shouldn't really consider the development time as an indication for the quality. :heh: It has been started over from scratch about three or four times in those 14(!) years. It was an utter mess.

True that, but methinks they would have at least put into consideration that this was a series that fans had been anticipating for a really long while now, so they would have at least come up with a quality game. This is really not worth the wait, design-wise.

I can't believe I forgot to whine about the horrible level design. I'm stuck inside the Duke Dome in a room with no doors and a bunch of women tied up to a phallus across a huge un-jumpable chasm. I know I need to get to them somehow, but there are no ledges to jump on and no way to walk across to them.

I can't believe I forgot to whine about the horrible level design. I'm stuck inside the Duke Dome in a room with no doors and a bunch of women tied up to a phallus across a huge un-jumpable chasm. I know I need to get to them somehow, but there are no ledges to jump on and no way to walk across to them.

There's a way, you are just being thick.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!