Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Memories of 2007

Emasher

December - So here we are. The end of the year.

Is that a subtle Bloc Party reference?

I'm sure there's something actually worth mentioning but i can't think.

Anyone care to help me remember?

Didn't you have sex and then your mum found out about it...:wtf:

Trying to remember what happened but everything seems a bit blurry at the moment. Been a year of ups and downs though.

- worst thing was my grandmother passing away in June, right during my exams. She had been sick for a while and lots of things happened to her, so it was a lot to handle. =(

- school was awfully difficult and stressful, but I passed all my classes and even ended up being the best or second best in my grade (teacher wasn't sure when he told me which one of both it was) :heh:

- had a great trip to the States again to see my boy and we went to Seaworld; even though it rained all day there it still was great fun

And those are the only things I can think of right now... More stuff happened but maybe I've forgotten what or I'm just too tired/sick to remember.

Guest Stefkov

Memoris eh...

In no order whatsoever I found out I did worse that I thought in some parts of my exams and better in others.

Went to London twice in 2 weeks and had great times both times.

Got depressed in the holidays watching Eureka 7.

That is all I remember. Those happened not long ago aswell, I've totally forgotten about the start of the year.

January was the usual post Christmas boredom, plus my first AS exams! However, I got my Wii, which was cool!

February is a month I have no memory of anything unusual or odd happening.

March was pretty good, I got my January AS results back, and went on a short holiday to Scotland - as such, I'm now in love with Edinburgh.

April was a little dull.

May was the run up to AS's, and the beginning of them. However, I went to two unbelievably awesome parties.

June saw the last of my AS's!

July was cool - birthday and summer hols!

August boring for the most part, but I saw more of my friends than I usually do during holidays. I also went to Italy, which was awesome, as always. :awesome:

September was the usual back-to-school thing, but I started my A-level year!

October can be summed up with two words: "UCAS" and "Iceland". :D

November - I (finally) started driving lessons, and started becoming closer friends with people who were just acquaintances before. I also got in touch with a few people from my primary school, which was fun - some great memories came back to me, such as Legoland!

December- Going well so far. I still need to do most of my Christmas shopping, and there is the Christmas ball coming up in a few days! Woo!

A pretty good year for me, really.

Uni:

The beginning of the year was a couple of exams, the first at uni, and they went pretty well. But I think things went downhill from there. The more comfortable I got at uni and at home, the more I tended to skip lectures. I got a mix of only-just-firsts and 2,i grades, not bad but could've been better. In May I took my end of year exams and that was a pretty stressful time. Not helped by the fact I had to go all the way to Don Valley Stadium on the tram to take them. My 2nd year started in October and I am now taking Japanese, which is probably thet best part of Uni now. I am starting to think my course on the whole may have been a mistake, but I can't really afford to drop out or change course now so I'll just have to see it through.

Home Life:

Aaah memories. I lived with a large group of friends last year, we often visited the nearby Dev Cat for house ciders, played some poker, had barbeques outside on wood we found... well anywhere really. Pity the fool who leaves his fence posts loose. Then, ultimately, one by one, everyone left the accomodation, it was quite sad to see all the rooms empty out, as I was one of the last to go. Now I live in a flat with jayseven and it's quite cold and smells funny.

Games and Entertainment:

No movies really stand out to me this year, except perhaps Ratatouille, which I didn't go to see for my sake, obviously. But it was so typically perfect in that Disney Pixar uber-budget kind of way that it was impossible to dislike. Also went to see Bill Bailey last month, very awesome. In Anime, Death Note came it it's awesome end, Naruto and Bleach finally came out of filler. Gamingwise I got an xbox 360 elite, and best moments of that have been making great vids on skate., completing Halo 3 on Legendary in split-screen co-op and the awesome Gears of War.

And most importantly, girls:

This year I started to fancy a really good friend of mine, ended up admitting it on May 25, had first kiss on the empty Devonshire Green skatepark, quite drunk, that night. Then went through a long wait where she said she wasn't quite ready for a new relationship. July 10, she says she's ready, and I had probably the best summer of my life, never been happier, still together :) There are too many memories of that summer to list here, but the best would probably be walking out to sea in Cleethorpes or hanging out in trees on the hottest day of the summer.

And other things:

Well, I suppose I became an admin here eh. I decided to try and change a few things, tighten up on some rules, was praised for some things and slated for others. Also started the staff N-E quiz, which, in case anyone reads this far and cares, isn't completely dead just yet ;) Had to ban a lot of idiots but ultimately if I wasn't enjoying being here with all you forumites I would've just disappeared some time ago. What else? Well, I guess I got a car and recently turned 21, but that was too recent to be a memory :heh:

I liked iPaul's way of breaking the year down.

what an awful thing to do fierce_link! you copy cat!! .......:blank:

well for MY post i shall be stealing shorty's idea :yay: haha....

uni/work

i graduated my graphic design and illustration course this year (got me a 2:2...somehow O_o) quit my job of 3 years working weekends at gamestation, worked in a tchibo coffee shop pretty much full time for 3 months, then wandered into a christmas job at game, where i'm now working odd days in the week... *real* job wise: i applied for the JET programme last year, and got my rejection letter through in january ~ a good start to finding a teaching job in japan, i thought ^_^ so after i graduated i applied to loads of places and lined up a load of interviews...i accepted my job offer from NOVA - but then withdrew it when i found out how much financial trouble the company was in. my next interview with ecc was successful and i accepted a place with them ^__^ i should be off in february or march.

home life

not so much tough as tiring, my mum was diagnosed with cancer in 2005, beat it in late 2006 and has since had a big operation this year... and needs another fairly big operation to fix the problems caused by the OTHER big operation... but she's doing really well! my mum is tough ^__^ nothing much changes at home, which i like... :smile:

games and entertainment

well, umm... i finally completed zelda tp :yay: and discovered phoenix wright! i liked ratatouille as well! but i'll admit that i went to see that for my benefit ^_^i dont watch a lot of anime, but i discovered some new series "densha otoko" "moyashimon" and "denno coil" are very good :smile: i went to but one gig this year ~ to see nizlopi play in stratford and it was AAWWWEESOMEEE!

and most importantly, girls! guys!!

hmm... i met this guy... :heh:

a friend introduced me and jamba in june, we got on really well as friends ~ talking on msn most nights and 5-hour skype phonecalls BEFORE we were going out is pretty impressive, eh? ^^ i went to his birthday house party (any house party where we all get drunk, play excite truck and kororinpa and then watch finding nemo is TOTALLY ok with me :yay:) our friends assumed we were going out but we both separately insisted we were "just good friends".. and we really were! until a few weeks later when i went to visit and everything just... clicked. :smile:

ju ftw!! <3

other stuff

well, i have to admit, i joined n-e with the intention of stalking jamba ^____^ ("aww~" right? ....no? w..what do you mean "creepy"??!) but found instead (well, as-well-as; i still stalk jamba..) somewhere really cool to chat and learn about games i havent played yet so i can blag gaming knowledge to customers at work! :yay: yay for n-e! :yay:

:heart:

Also went to see Bill Bailey last month, very awesome.

Month, you nub. [stealth edit ~shorty]

My stupid motherfucking year.

To sum it up; I broke up with my stupid ******* girlfriend. That totally marked teh downfall in my year. I went to italy over easter with her and her family, and had a brilliant holiday, we did lots of funz, then it just... trailed off. I blame her. So summer was cope-able because I was back in brighton with my mates, she was on holiday to brazil for 3 weeks, and I actually had a freaking job; painting a school with three good friends. Helped pass the time. Me and my ex actually got back together for... shit, I have no idea how long it was. Three days? A week? Two? I really don't know, but we got back together shortly before I came back to the uni flat. We spent one night together here, then walking her back to the station... Well I can show you the spot where I turned my back on her, the lamppost I punched and the last time I saw her.

Since then I've smoked more, left the house less, drank alone lots, eaten unhealthily and sparsely, talked to nobody, made no new friends, had crushes on three girls who all have boyfriends and don't even know who i am anyway. I got lazier. I cried. I got depressed.

As I was starting to not wake up to the thought of her absence, I went back on msn and forgot to block her... Ok so this 'year' is being taken up too much with this girl. BAH.

Uni's fine. I'm ALONE AND EMO. I hate all girls. I dress like an idiot. I have no real commitments, and no real ideas for what to do in the future - the one idea I do quite like is going to another part of the country and doing another university course, just for shits and giggles.

But back to this year... uh... I've pretty much hated it. I suppose having the best three years of my life in the previous 3, it was about due to have my worst, right?

And it's not even over yet! an xmas with a family I constantly forget to keep in touch with, three weeks with my friends who will be covert spies for the enemy that is the Ex; my fragmented circles of friends of which I seem to be the only common element, thus making any potentially awesome nights (xmas eve; new year's eve; my birthday) a massive headache of a conflict. NO FUN TO BE FOUND.

Bring on the next yea-- oh wait, yeah, more exams and essays and isolation.

Erm. Yeah. I don't know.

Month, you nub.

My stupid motherfucking year.

To sum it up; I broke up with my stupid ******* girlfriend. That totally marked teh downfall in my year. I went to italy over easter with her and her family, and had a brilliant holiday, we did lots of funz, then it just... trailed off. I blame her. So summer was cope-able because I was back in brighton with my mates, she was on holiday to brazil for 3 weeks, and I actually had a freaking job; painting a school with three good friends. Helped pass the time. Me and my ex actually got back together for... shit, I have no idea how long it was. Three days? A week? Two? I really don't know, but we got back together shortly before I came back to the uni flat. We spent one night together here, then walking her back to the station... Well I can show you the spot where I turned my back on her, the lamppost I punched and the last time I saw her.

Since then I've smoked more, left the house less, drank alone lots, eaten unhealthily and sparsely, talked to nobody, made no new friends, had crushes on three girls who all have boyfriends and don't even know who i am anyway. I got lazier. I cried. I got depressed.

As I was starting to not wake up to the thought of her absence, I went back on msn and forgot to block her... Ok so this 'year' is being taken up too much with this girl. BAH.

Uni's fine. I'm ALONE AND EMO. I hate all girls. I dress like an idiot. I have no real commitments, and no real ideas for what to do in the future - the one idea I do quite like is going to another part of the country and doing another university course, just for shits and giggles.

But back to this year... uh... I've pretty much hated it. I suppose having the best three years of my life in the previous 3, it was about due to have my worst, right?

And it's not even over yet! an xmas with a family I constantly forget to keep in touch with, three weeks with my friends who will be covert spies for the enemy that is the Ex; my fragmented circles of friends of which I seem to be the only common element, thus making any potentially awesome nights (xmas eve; new year's eve; my birthday) a massive headache of a conflict. NO FUN TO BE FOUND.

Bring on the next yea-- oh wait, yeah, more exams and essays and isolation.

Erm. Yeah. I don't know.

Someone needs a hug.