Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

That's worth an extra £2 in my book. The last post was sarcasm by the way.

On the other hand if you own a DS then you might as well shoot yourself in the head if you care about prices that £2 is a big deal for a reworked better version of a game, also with more content.

Edited by Choze

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand if you own a DS then you might as well shoot yourself in the head if you care about prices that £2 is a big deal for a reworked better version of a game, also with more content.

My brother owns a DS, but I've got no interest in using it.

Konami put up the new MGS Portable Ops for £8.69.

Killzone Liberation: £7.99

Some new Minis. Slowly updating. Nothing PS3 yet.

PixelJunk Shooter is up :bouncy:

What do you mean new MGS Portable Ops? Its Portable Ops + that came out in 2007 and is PO minus the single player (well includes random missions on maps) but with new multiplayer options...

Sooooo, what's coming out for the PS3 next year that's awesome? 3rd party too......!

I downloaded a couple of demos for the PS3, Killzone 2 and Condemned 2.

Condemned 2 was kind of cool but seemed badly put together.

Killzone 2 looked amazing and played like pooooo.

Sooooo, what's coming out for the PS3 next year that's awesome? 3rd party too......!

Exclusives?

ModNation Racers

Heavy Rain

Yakuza 3

Heavy Rain

God of War III

God of War Collection

White Knight Chronicles

Demon's Souls

MAG

Gran Turismo 5

The Last Guardian

...off the top of my head. Pretty much all of those are out in the first half of the year.

Exclusives?

ModNation Racers

Heavy Rain

Yakuza 3

God of War III

God of War Collection

White Knight Chronicles

Demon's Souls

MAG

Gran Turismo 5

The Last Guardian

...off the top of my head. Pretty much all of those are out in the first half of the year.

First half of next year is gonna be one busy time. Put in bold all the titles I defintely am getting (finances permitting)

Exclusives?

ModNation Racers

Heavy Rain

Yakuza 3

Heavy Rain

God of War III

God of War Collection

White Knight Chronicles

Demon's Souls

MAG

Gran Turismo 5

The Last Guardian

That list is insane, and doesnt even include SSFIV, FFXIII, Castlevania, or any of the Gem games in the works. I can live without White Knight Chronicles but the rest i really want to play somehow

Exclusives?

ModNation Racers

Heavy Rain

Yakuza 3

Heavy Rain

God of War III

God of War Collection (2 games in one)

White Knight Chronicles

Demon's Souls

MAG

Gran Turismo 5

The Last Guardian

I was just thinking to myself how insane that list is, then I realised that the ones in bold I already have. Then I again realised that I only have them at the expense of not getting a few titles in this game period i.e. MW2 or Uncharted 2. Crap, dunno when I am ever gonna get round to playing those now with this stuff round the corner and others such as Bayonetta and Darksiders coming out at the start of next year.

I was just thinking to myself how insane that list is, then I realised that the ones in bold I already have. Then I again realised that I only have them at the expense of not getting a few titles in this game period i.e. MW2 or Uncharted 2. Crap, dunno when I am ever gonna get round to playing those now with this stuff round the corner and others such as Bayonetta and Darksiders coming out at the start of next year.

Make sure you get MW2 and Uncharted 2.

ModNation Racers beta soon too.

December 10, 2009 - Firmware 3.15 is live as of today and boasts the ability to transfer information between PlayStation 3s as well as the ability to play PSP Minis on the PS3 for the first time.

It looks as though the PS3's Minis capabilities aren't as advertised, though.

Today, I downloaded the brand new PSP Mini Stand O'Food to my PS3 and was able to play without issue. However, Stand O'Food created a "Mini" folder under the "Game" section of the XMB. All of my other PSP Minis are stored under a "PSP" folder on the PS3. When I tried to play a Mini from the PSP folder, the PS3 wouldn't allow it. I deleted a Mini and reinstalled it, but the file went back to the PSP folder. I bought an older Mini that I did not own, and that went to the PSP folder and was unplayable on the PS3 as well.

As of this moment, it looks as though PSP Minis older than today's batch on the PlayStation Store will not play on PS3s – even ones running firmware 3.15.

However, a Sony spokesperson said that won't always be the case.

"The conversion process for Minis has started, and Minis titles are starting to become playable on both PS3 and PSP," the rep told IGN. "In the coming weeks, Minis will have a dedicated section under "PS3 Games" on PlayStation Store. Any previously released Minis that will be playable with PS3 will be available for download within this section."

Send to Friend Comment Add IGN to GoogleSend This Page to a FriendContact the Editors

Mini's not working properly on PS3. http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/105/1054247p1.html

Exclusives?

ModNation Racers

Heavy Rain

Yakuza 3

Heavy Rain

God of War III

God of War Collection

White Knight Chronicles

Demon's Souls

MAG

Gran Turismo 5

The Last Guardian

You looking forward to Heavy Rain then Daft? ;)

I'm really looking forward to GT5 (damage makes a difference to me) and ModNation Racers looks to be a great title with the buzz of LBP. I love how Sony have embraced the 'create' idea.

Next we will have an FPS which is massively customisable. (Where you can create your controls/story/maps etc...)

Take Timesplitters 2 and put it all online. That would do me!)

It may finally keep Choze's FPS hunger fed! :kiss:

That list is insane, and doesnt even include SSFIV, FFXIII, Castlevania, or any of the Gem games in the works. I can live without White Knight Chronicles but the rest i really want to play somehow

Yeah, I really don't see how anything else is going to keep up. The PS3 is on fire. People can call me a fanboy but it really isn't hard when that is an exclusive release list for just half of the year. Plus you can count on this years E3 having more massive news. Who knows, Agent might even hit my the end of the year.

Sony's first party games are second to none.

You looking forward to Heavy Rain then Daft? ;)

NOOOO!!!! I must not look forward to it!! Must keep down hype levels!!! :D

Exclusives?

ModNation Racers

Heavy Rain

Yakuza 3

Heavy Rain

God of War III

God of War Collection

White Knight Chronicles

Demon's Souls

MAG

Gran Turismo 5

The Last Guardian

You wrote Heavy Rain twice, but that's fine because I've been doubly looking forward to this for ages.

So many good titles...

I didn't know The Last Guardian was out so soon!

I didn't know The Last Guardian was out so soon!

I wouldn't book time off work just yet. I could see it hitting around March 2011, personally.

Yeah, I really don't see how anything else is going to keep up.

To be fair the 360 has a strong line up as well. Alan Wake, Mass Effect 2, Crackdown 2, and Splinter Cell: Conviction all look very promising, and at least for the time being they're all exclusive — I wouldn't be too surprised to see ME2 or SC:C cross the border at some point but it's not a sure thing. Chances are Fable III and Halo: Reach will be quality titles as well, with Perfect Dark and Quarrel being two early Arcade titles to keep an eye on.

Anyway, 2010 is most likely Resistance 3's year. I'm hoping it's a... well, not so much a return to form as the sequel R2 should have been.

Yeah, they're all quality titles and I'm not saying there won't be more coming for the 360 but I still think the PS3 has much more to offer. Sony seem to have nailed first party game rotation.

Either way, who cares - great games for the PS360 all round.

In terms of Multiplatform games, Bad Company 2 is amazing. It should be on everyone's list for next year (Unless you don't like shooters).

On another note, has anyone noticed more people are starting to use headsets now? in just about every game I've played of the Bad Company 2 beta in the last week, my squad-mates have been talking.

Edited by Emasher