N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

After playing on my PS3 for a few days again I realised I prefer it so much to the 360. I'm actually quite tempted to sell the 360 (despite just getting it sorted again) because it's beginning to seem quite pointless. Plus I could use the money to buy more PS3 games! :heh: The only thing I play on it is Halo and even then my friends are barely online nowadays =/.

DO IT DO IT DO IT....says the man who constantly thinks of buying a 360 because there are a couple of exclusives and most of my mates at work are on Live...

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

After playing on my PS3 for a few days again I realised I prefer it so much to the 360. I'm actually quite tempted to sell the 360 (despite just getting it sorted again) because it's beginning to seem quite pointless. Plus I could use the money to buy more PS3 games! :heh: The only thing I play on it is Halo and even then my friends are barely online nowadays =/.

Didn't you just buy an elite? I am starting to prefer the PS3 aswell, maybe because there is the beginnings of a transition between alot of my friends on Live to PSN. I like trophies too.

I can only be on one or the other at Uni, and I watch alot of shows on PS3 despite getting Sky on my Xbox. Mainly because my 360 sounds like a hoover. The people I play with have headsets and the online can only get better on PSN. You should keep one for exclusives and the other for multiplatform when you know people that are playing that game online.

I think you should keep both. I am.

Taken from: http://www.Playstationlifestyle.com

SkyTV just recently launched exclusive to the Xbox 360 but it seems like the exclusivity might be short lived as recent documents point towards other systems, specifically the PS3.

According to PaidContent and C21 Media, Sky released a 277 page public document and forgot to edit out the following footnote.

"The deal to provide Sky's channels on the PS3 platform has not yet been made public and is confidential to Sky."

The document has since been edited by Sky and the line has been taken out. Though there are plenty of other lines in the document that suggest that Sky TV could be jumping to other platforms. The document can be viewed here.

"The channels will also soon be available via [CONFIDENTIAL] the Xbox360 [CONFIDENTIAL] via the internet."

"They are also likely shortly to become available via the [CONFIDENTIAL] Xbox 360 platform [CONFIDENTIAL]."

The service may never hit the PS3, though its looking more and more like it will go the route of Netflix and eventually make its way to the PS3. As always stay connected to PlayStation LifeStyle for all your PS3 news.

Sony and Sky did something on PSP, didn't they? I see it happening, and with PSN access being free, there'd be less hidden costs then on Xbox.

Well just completed Rachet and Clank Tools of Destruction...nice little game, good palette cleanser for the all the browns and greys we see in games its so bright and refreshing to play. Good mix of shooting, platforming and puzzling. Know I'm mostly preaching to the converted as plenty of people have played it but if you havn't get it, I got it for £7.99 new from GAME.

I would barely reccomend it at that price. The original PS2 game is better by far. I won't be buying the CiT but the hover boots look like a good addition to make things a it faster paced.

Too combat heavy, especially seeing as the formula is quite basic with minimal depth.

Well just completed Rachet and Clank Tools of Destruction...nice little game, good palette cleanser for the all the browns and greys we see in games its so bright and refreshing to play. Good mix of shooting, platforming and puzzling. Know I'm mostly preaching to the converted as plenty of people have played it but if you havn't get it, I got it for £7.99 new from GAME.

Ah, my first PS3 game. Did you pull a 'Burger King' when you bought it new for £8? I'd of ran for the hills. Buying Crack in Time on friday?

DO IT DO IT DO IT....says the man who constantly thinks of buying a 360 because there are a couple of exclusives and most of my mates at work are on Live...

LOL!

Pretty much all off my mates have an Xbox and are relectant to get a PS3.

There must be some way to persuade them to buy a PS3!

Ah, my first PS3 game. Did you pull a 'Burger King' when you bought it new for £8? I'd of ran for the hills. Buying Crack in Time on friday?

I don't think I will (would be week after payday if I did) perhaps wait till later when it goes platinum....will have to play Quest for Booty as well...

Edited by flameboy

Didn't you just buy an elite? I am starting to prefer the PS3 aswell, maybe because there is the beginnings of a transition between alot of my friends on Live to PSN. I like trophies too.

I can only be on one or the other at Uni, and I watch alot of shows on PS3 despite getting Sky on my Xbox. Mainly because my 360 sounds like a hoover. The people I play with have headsets and the online can only get better on PSN. You should keep one for exclusives and the other for multiplatform when you know people that are playing that game online.

I think you should keep both. I am.

Yeah I did just buy an elite, so I'll hang onto it until christmas at least.I probably should keep it, I'm getting into a habit of selling things way too much when I should be keeping them. The only thing I can think of that I really want on 360 is the Perfect Dark rerelease.

LOL!

Pretty much all off my mates have an Xbox and are relectant to get a PS3.

There must be some way to persuade them to buy a PS3!

I'm sure when their xboxs all simultaneously break they will see the virtues of a PS3.

It has a 3 year warranty with Microsoft...

I thought 1 red light was only a year? Well even if it was I had no proof of purchase as the ink on the receipt had some how managed to rub out, plus the shop had apparently made the any warranty void by messing with it in the first place.

I thought 1 red light was only a year? Well even if it was I had no proof of purchase as the ink on the receipt had some how managed to rub out, plus the shop had apparently made the any warranty void by messing with it in the first place.

Yeah 1 light is 1 year but u can always force 3 red lights *cough*.

All Microsoft need is the serial number and they will know when u bought it although i cant help with ur last point...