Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

What's the catch with this? Is it that they are releasing it a long time after the release date?

The listing says the game will be sent "on or before 7th December 2009", meaning they get your money almost two months in advance whilst your 'pre-order' nets you the game much later than its release. By that time they'll most likely be able to get a good deal on their wholesale stock, too — buying excess from brick and mortar stores on the cheap, for instance — so whilst it isn't a terrible deal it's not really a chance I'd jump at; if last Christmas is anything to go by you might be able to pick up a copy in GAME for £20 come December.

As far as I'm aware it isn't currently possible to pirate PS3 games. It's the small print you need to look out for, not badly photocopied cover art.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally very funny. You need more explanation as to your structure and why you're doing the whole thing, there doesn't seem to be an overall aim. Other than that though it was hilarious, couldn't believe the genius or the Infamous advert.

Generally very funny. You need more explanation as to your structure and why you're doing the whole thing, there doesn't seem to be an overall aim. Other than that though it was hilarious, couldn't believe the genius or the Infamous advert.

Well to be honest at the moment am just trying out different things and what does and doesn't work. Before trying to put it in the context of a proper show rather than just me doing what I fancy as and when. I liked how the layton section worked out and intend to try and punctuate every episode with a mock advert. Also always going to have a retro section just perhaps not as long...Also I've hopefully got youtube distribution sorted via blip.tv after I was approved by them for that so all future episodes will feature on youtube.

Edited by flameboy

I'll be buying a new PSP when Peace Walker comes out, probably the 3000. But there's an incling in the back of my mind soon enough the 3000 will be dropped for the..wait for it..PSP '4000'! I've done a quick Google search to catch up on some rumours and it's pretty hard not to notice there's been a new incremental update for PSP each year since it originally launched, with this year's being the PSP Go, supposedly.

So, I'm starting to speculate on the '4000' series. According to rumours, the UMD drive will be retained, so it will be supported alongside the Go for one. Then the usual brighter, crisper screen, and some other internal changes. One thing that benefits the Go is the use of more memory making the in-game XMB possible and the ability to 'tether' to wireless internet from phones (or something). So you can imagine the new 4000 would possibly have these features installed too. But then wouldn't that make the Go seem a little redundant? The new PSP would do everything the Go would, plus a UMD drive..

The PSP essentially already does what the Go does.

I suspect they might drop the price of the Go when the 4000 hits. I prefer the position of the stick on the Go so when I finally get a PSP it'll be one that is like the Go. Which I would have got had it not been so expensive.

It depends on the account creation - the birth date you entered. For example if you put the birthday that makes you 15 years old, you still can't do Fifa matches online even though its a 3+ game because you have to be 16 to do so, no matter how leniant you make parental controls.

You'll either have to make a new account and put in a fake birthday or live with it I'm afraid. Unless I'm mistaken.

The PS3 is back, was reminded by the constant bombardment of game updates that you have to go through to actually start a game up if you haven't been on in a while.

Still, no reason to complain, the thing is functional, and Uncharted 2 should be here tomorrow.

The PS3 is back, was reminded by the constant bombardment of game updates that you have to go through to actually start a game up if you haven't been on in a while.

Still, no reason to complain, the thing is functional, and Uncharted 2 should be here tomorrow.

Nice one! It's about bloody time! lol.

At last!

I bet your over the moon! :bouncy:

We don't get it in Canada either, so I'll be sticking with iTunes for online movie rentals. PSN is getting very close to Live in terms of features now though. And there are rumors the next update will have those last few things people complain about PSN lacking.

The funny thing is despite the strikes all my Royal Mail stuff has come through just fine. Even on the strike days amusingly.

The private carriers i used, UKMAIL and CityLink in all cases have not even delivered once so far. They all left a card despite someone or me being at home. Obviously alot of dodgy dealing there. I will have to go to their depot to collect the item. Again.

Fuck online retailers recommending non Royal Mail services that DO NOT FUCKING DELIVER. Fucking scums. I paid extra to avoid the strikes, pieces of shit.

The funny thing is despite the strikes all my Royal Mail stuff has come through just fine. Even on the strike days amusingly.

The private carriers i used, UKMAIL and CityLink in all cases have not even delivered once so far. They all left a card despite someone or me being at home. Obviously alot of dodgy dealing there. I will have to go to their depot to collect the item. Again.

Fuck online retailers recommending non Royal Mail services that DO NOT FUCKING DELIVER. Fucking scums. I paid extra to avoid the strikes, pieces of shit.

Maybe they just don't like u? lol

On a serious note thats odd coz my friends and i have all been using UkMail and have always got it delivered next day. Royal Mail on the other hand...

Ive been waiting for days after dvd's have been dispatched 2 me from online shops based on UK mainland.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!