Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

PlayStation 3 Console Discussion

McPhee

A nice deal for those who are wanting a PS3 before the slim model arrives :D

Asda, the second biggest and one of the most popular supermarkets in the UK has cut the price of the 80GB PlayStation 3, offering the console and 2 selected games for just £250. The games that are up for grabs are also very good; you can get either LittleBigPlanet & Ghostbusters, Killzone 2 & Resistance 2 or Terminator & InFamous.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

If they drop the price does that mean Sony will drop the price of their repairs, or whatever they do?

That would be nice, given my situation, but I somehow doubt it I actually think the price they ask is rediculous. £145 for a refurb atm is the only 'official' option. They apparently don't do repairs.

When my cousin had his Xbox break for the third time (and out of warranty may I add) he had his repaired for free, like the previous 2 happenings. Now I know it's a different case and each has their own associated costs but I know that paying £145 when a machine breaks for a fault that wasn't caused by me - it's happened to many - I know that there's something wrong.

There's actually no way you can't get the trophy. When you've achieved everything up to this point you won't be denied platinum by 1 target, especially one as coveted as Wipeout. Just practise on Anulpha Pass forward, keep your calm and determination will get you through it.

Slightly worrying that you can't get past 52, but keep plugging away at Anulpha and it's not as difficult as it first appears. I worked my way up from 60 zones being my average right up to 77. It's just a case of time til you do it, whereas the other things you've accomplished may never be attainable if you just naturally don't have the ability, which sounds like a total arse thing to say but it's pretty true.

Who said it was game of the year? And apparently the PS3 boxarts might be changed so that the PS3 logo goes at the top and not the bottom, so there's no crappy plastic stuff at the top. However that was just a rumour from an N4G source so it's probably false.

Edge, Eurogamer, GamePro. Probably some others. It's won a lot of awards.

According to the editor of Eurogamer.de Dead Nation is for the PSP. Rumour has it that it's Housemarque's next game, but I'm not sure if that's based in anything other than the fact that it sounds plausible.

That would be nice, given my situation, but I somehow doubt it I actually think the price they ask is rediculous. £145 for a refurb atm is the only 'official' option. They apparently don't do repairs.

When my cousin had his Xbox break for the third time (and out of warranty may I add) he had his repaired for free, like the previous 2 happenings. Now I know it's a different case and each has their own associated costs but I know that paying £145 when a machine breaks for a fault that wasn't caused by me - it's happened to many - I know that there's something wrong.

Yeah, it would just put my mind at ease a bit since I'm sure my PS3 will break a couple more times since technology, rightfully, hates me.

Too lazy to check but I'm sure it was around tea-time (ie sixish).

I lied, I made the effort. Google says "6.30PM GMT+1"

Sorry, so it would happen 5:30 our time? (A teeny bit lame if so because that's when I finish work.)

You're supposed to be the smarter of us two, was hoping you'd figure it out :heh:

But yeah, seems its 5:30.

I was hoping I was wrong. I like watching Sony conferences. I also like like my job so I'm not gonna complain to much.

...stoopid Sony timing. :heh:

Yeah, it would just put my mind at ease a bit since I'm sure my PS3 will break a couple more times since technology, rightfully, hates me.

Sorry, so it would happen 5:30 our time? (A teeny bit lame if so because that's when I finish work.)

Surely we are currently GMT+1 ourselves seeing as we are in BST.

Regardless, I'm pretty sure it's 5.30

About the LBP GOTY edition, when does that come out, and how expensive will it be?

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!