• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daft

• flameboy

• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on the second to last level on CoD: World at War, on Veteran. When my save file got corrupted. I think I have died a little inside. Thinking about going through that self torture again just makes me feel sick, think I will just leave it for a while. I really wanted to Plat the game as well, *sigh*.

What I might do....later....is do all the levels again, but on Hardened. Then do the last two levels on Veteran. That way I will still get the Trophies for finishing the levels on Vet, and the gold 'Hardened War Hero' Trophy for 'completing the game on Hardened or Veteran difficulty'.

I got Dead Space yesterday, for £12 from Cex.

I've heard it's a decent game, and I havn't played any horror titles for ages (I was intending on buying Silent Hill 2, but couldn't find a copy).

In a weird kind of way, the game sort of reminds me of a cross between the Metroid games and the Alien films.

By the way I also saw Bioshock in there for £18, so may buy that next.

The e-mails are about registering interest, I believe, so they aren't actual invites. It's more of a, "Fill in this survey and you might get picked" type affair.

That said, it would seem the Beta is going to kick off within a week or so. SCEE are expanding the ranks of testers so you could well find yourself on the receiving end of an e-mail sometime soon.

Got to play EyePet today. It's just so damn adorable and so much fun. Incredibly easy to use. You have this card thing that acts as a menu for picking toys and stuff you place in view of the camera and flick through it with your hand. Got to try out a little trampoline for the creature and it's so adorable, especially when he misses/falls off and is all upset. Also got to use the airplane it can sit on. You draw it out on a virtual sketchpad, so the basic plane body and wings, and the game puts it together into a 3D object that your pet can sit and fly, with use of the controller. I mean, the number of people stopping to watch it and going 'awww...' was amazing. Even those running the massive Wii Sports Resort booth were taking notice (well when you think about it, it is the kind of thing you'd have expected Nintendo to do on the Wii) even if it was only briefly.

Seriously, if Sony are serious about going after the casual gamer, drop the stupid, and inevitably expensive, dual wands and do more stuff like this because if anything, this is really going to be a system seller if Sony pulls the finger out and markets it well. Forget the likes of Killzone 2 or Uncharted 2 being system sellers, if marketed right, this could very well be Sony's answer to Nintendogs, and we all know how ridiculously well that has done.

It might be aimed more at kids, but seriously I think everyone would enjoy playing it. Certainly something I'm interested in owning on the PS3, and there isn't much that I am interested in really.

I'm interested in EyePet but I think they're just not going to get anywhere near it's full potential.

I think both Home interactivity (having your pet in the apartment, taking it for walks etc) is a must. Along with some kind of online element. At the moment I haven't seen either.

^ Yeh, neither were mentioned to me. And while I agree with you on those points (to the more mature gamer these will definitely be things they want), Sony's targetted demographic probably doesn't know about Home and may not be overly interested in online. EyePet would be a perfect way to push both of these features but even someone such as myself, who plays games on a regular basis, doesn't use these features very much, or at all in Home's case, so I would doubt the more casual would. It would be a slightly missed opportunity (getting online and being able to take pets to your friends and playing with them all at the same time would be a great idea) with Sony kind of following Nintendo's suit in terms of not giving online compatibility for the likes of Wii Sports Resort.

Anyway, as I said the casual gamers will eat this up upon release, if the marketing is right.

Yeah, I'm just saying that if they did have those features it the game could act as a gateway, getting people to use Home more. If the integration was done well enough, they could have people in Home without them knowing.

Depending how much it is, I'll probably pick it up. I like crazy new stuff like this.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!