• dwarf

• Choze

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there going to be a demo for it?

Not this week anyway, here is whats due to hit the store today:

Playable Content

Fat Princess full game (£11.99/€14.99)

Watchmen: The End is Nigh part 2 demo

Watchmen: The End is Nigh part 2 full game (£9.99/€12.99)

Numblast demo

Add-on Content

Fight Night Round 4 DLC pack 1 (free)

Rag Doll Kung Fu Time Savers pack (£1.19/€1.99)

Buzz! Quiz TV AFL pack (£6.29/€7.99)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 Cogg Hill pack (£4.79/€5.99)

4x Dynasty Warriors 6 armor sets (free)

Rock Band DLC (continued)

Guitar Hero World Tour DLC (continued)

Rock Band

Kiss Pack 01 (£2.49/€3.99)

100,000 Years (Live) by Kiss (£0.99/€1.49)

Deuce (Live) by Kiss (£0.99/€1.49)

Parasite (Live) by Kiss (£0.99/€1.49)

Blink 182 Pack 01 (£2.49/€3.99)

Down by Blink 182 (£0.99/€1.49)

Feeling This by Blink 182 (£0.99/€1.49)

The Rock Show by Blink 182 (£0.99/€1.49)

Weezer Pack 02 (£2.49/€3.99)

My Name Is Jonas by Weezer (£0.99/€1.49)

Pork and Beans by Weezer (£0.99/€1.49)

Undone – The Sweater Song by Weezer (£0.99/€1.49)

Individual tracks

Out Here All Night by Damone (£0.99/€1.49)

Guitar Hero World Tour

Knuckle Sandwich Track Pack (£4.39/€5.99)

Bloodmeat by Protest The Hero (£1.59/€1.99)

I'm Shipping Up To Boston by The Dropkick Murphys (£1.59/€1.99)

New Wave by Against Me! (£1.59/€1.99)

Videos

DC Universe Online Behind the Scenes Trailer

DC Universe Online Sizzle Trailer

Killzone 2 Flash & Thunder Trailer

PSP Content

Samurai Warriors: State of War full game (£13.99/€17.99)

Unbound Saga full game (£13.99/€17.99)

Numblast demo

Rock Band Unplugged DLC (continued)

Rock Band Unplugged

"Smooth Criminal" by Alien Ant Farm (£0.99/€1.49)

"Funk #49" by James Gang (£0.99/€1.49)

Thats true - but my criticism with Dwarf was him moaning it was a rip off when it's the same price as Wipeout which he heaps praise on (justified) and says was well worth the money.

Now if Fat Princess is a steaming turd of a game - I'll quite happily let you guys know to avoid it. However to judge it as a rip off before even playing it is narrow minded.

They're completely different games so you can't really compare. Either way, I'm picking this up as soon as they update the store.

The best thing about the Beta was one of the taunts being "Frakkin' toaster!"

I'm not too sure about Fat Princess. Obviously things might have improved greatly since, but when I played it the combat felt a little bland. It isn't like Castle Crashers where you've a host of branching combos to choose from, so the game's more MMO-like in that to succeed you want to stick with a well balanced group of classes. There's certainly layers of strategy and different tactics to employ, but when playing with the silent masses it's largely a case of around 30 of the players constantly battling it out in the middle of the map whilst one or two free thinkers from each side actually attempts something clever.

I'm not saying the game is rubbish — the early connection problems marred my experience, for one thing — I just think people should be aware of the type of game it is. It leans on strategy rather than individual player skill, so if you're the type of person that's in it for the kills rather than completing objectives you probably won't get much out of it.

Wait, PSN games don't all have demos?

Nope, it isn't a Sony requirement unlike with XBLA. Good news for developers, bad news for anyone that unwittingly bought the Punisher.

If a game's less than £5 — like Shatter or Noby Noby Boy — I don't think it really needs a demo, but Fat Princess should clearly have had a BF1943 style timed trial.

Well when I said rip off it was mainly down to it being that I remember it being priced around £8 which I thought was very reasonable. However the dollar/pound conversion is pretty poor and I think if it's a relatively small online game with a few maps then there's no reason it should be more than Battlefield.

I'm not denying it's probably really fun but sometimes you sort of know when a game doesn't quite deserve its price tag. With Wipeout they could easily have released it on blu-ray because of the content and production values it possesses.

When a PSN game is sub-£10 it helps psychologically somewhat, when it breaks this barrier I start to think that maybe it would be better getting a full game that I've missed out on.

Let's say I was to get a PS3 and connect it to my TV using HDMI. What cable would I need to allow me to have the sound come from my speakers, which connect via the Yellow and White parts of a RWY (or a 3.5mm jack)?

Basically, I would need something that pluggs into the PS3, that has the male half of a RWY or the male half of a 3.5mm at the other end.

Edited by Gizmo

I think it's unlikely you'll be able to find a single cable that fits the job. You could output the audio via composite, feed the red and white cables from that into a 2.5mm converter — I got one with my 360's VGA cable — and then plug that into a 3.5mm jack converter.

Can you not just connect your speakers to your TV? That might be a bit less convoluted.

I think it's unlikely you'll be able to find a single cable that fits the job. You could output the audio via composite, feed the red and white cables from that into a 2.5mm converter — I got one with my 360's VGA cable — and then plug that into a 3.5mm jack converter.

Can you not just connect your speakers to your TV? That might be a bit less convoluted.

Well, the speakers are a gaming chair. So when watching TV, the sound would be coming from the chair, and I usually sit on the bed for telly.

Is it possible to split the sound to composite while using HDMI? I have a jack that plugs into the 3.5mm that splits into the female side of the red and white, so just need a cable to get the sound from the PS3 into a female of the same cable.

Is it possible to split the sound to composite while using HDMI? I have a jack that plugs into the 3.5mm that splits into the female side of the red and white, so just need a cable to get the sound from the PS3 into a female of the same cable.

Yeah, you can select video and audio outputs independently, so I guess all you'd need is the composite cable that comes with the PS3 and any old HDMI cable; they plug into separate ports, so there's no issue with having them both connected.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!